mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Old 2011-06-21, 16:44   #1
bchaffin

Sep 2010
Portland, OR

22×3×31 Posts
Default Updating GNFS parameters

Just cross-posting an advertisement in case anyone here doesn't follow the factoring forum. I'm starting a data collection effort to update the default GNFS parameters for larger numbers.

Folks working on Aliquot sequences probably factor lots of medium-to-large composites with GNFS, so hopefully you all have (or will have) lots of data for me.

Thanks!
bchaffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 16:56   #2
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

3·29·113 Posts

M.Kamada's site has had everything you would possibly need - for years.

P.S. I agree, Tom. What I left unsaid was that graphs are only a tip of the iceberg; the site has all particulars in the report files for each (well, most) jobs. Everything can be screenscraped, the outliers (and the outlier contributors) can be flagged and then there will still be enough stats left for a decent analysis in the low range which is apparently of interest for most (aliquot) people. For high ranges, we can easily agree that using off-the-shelf scripts is admittedly silly. Then again, "high" is different for every individual.

Last fiddled with by Batalov on 2011-06-21 at 17:54 Reason: added link, P.S.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 17:11   #3
fivemack
(loop (#_fork))

Feb 2006
Cambridge, England

33·239 Posts

I'm not quite sure that's true: it's not splitting out the number-of-relations figures by lpbr and by siever used, which are I believe important terms in the model, and a lot of it seems to be self-reflecting (eg Domanov is clearly using the linear fit of rlim against digit count to decide which rlim to use)
fivemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 21:19   #4
bchaffin

Sep 2010
Portland, OR

22·3·31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
M.Kamada's site has had everything you would possibly need - for years.

P.S. I agree, Tom. What I left unsaid was that graphs are only a tip of the iceberg; the site has all particulars in the report files for each (well, most) jobs. Everything can be screenscraped, the outliers (and the outlier contributors) can be flagged and then there will still be enough stats left for a decent analysis in the low range which is apparently of interest for most (aliquot) people. For high ranges, we can easily agree that using off-the-shelf scripts is admittedly silly. Then again, "high" is different for every individual.
Thanks, that's some great data. I looked around on the site but couldn't find any log files for individual jobs -- can you point me at them?
Old 2011-06-23, 03:33   #5
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

3×29×113 Posts

They are stored behind the link Contributions, e.g. by date. Or by series.
Example.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 07:51   #6
Andi47

Oct 2004
Austria

9B216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
They are stored behind the link Contributions, e.g. by date. Or by series.
Example.
These seem to contain the search range, but not the number of relations. (the logs in your link say "relations: relations" with the actual number of rels missing.)

I have uploaded the logs of 332 GNFS factorizations (zipped, from aliquot search, done with FactMsieve.pl), ranging from c82 to c145 to sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/i8h260

Last fiddled with by Andi47 on 2011-06-23 at 07:51 Reason: ...and a ) was missing too ;)
Andi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 17:36   #7
bchaffin

Sep 2010
Portland, OR

22×3×31 Posts

The logs on Kamada's site are not uniform; they probably depend on what tool/version was used for the factorization and whether the steps were performed manually or by the tool. But many of them do contain the number of relations, and also the other parameters, so they will definitely be a valuable source. I'll do some scripting to pull them all.

Thanks a lot for your logs Andi, that's great data.