mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > YAFU

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-08-25, 21:42   #199
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2·5·647 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
Yes it does, but while it seems to work for me, people have reported problems/crashes there as well.

Given the availability nowadays of WSL2 and a much better visual studio implementation as of v2.06, I am actually in the process of abandoning the mingw64/msys2 build option and code from yafu. All these different options are getting to be too much for me to maintain.
I think it is important to support other platforms. If interested I could build and test on OS X.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-26, 13:31   #200
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

3·1,193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
I think it is important to support other platforms. If interested I could build and test on OS X.
I just mean that I don't plan to keep building/testing on msys2 and won't be releasing any more windows executables that are produced by mingw64/msys2. I will always have a windows executable - it will just be produced by MSVC going forward. And WSL2 is another option running yafu on windows.

If you want to try to build and test on OS X please do! I will support you if I can. I've also had people express interest in getting yafu to run on apple's M1 arm-based processor. But with the heavy reliance on x86/x64 assembly code I have slim hopes of that working any time soon.
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-26, 13:36   #201
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

3·1,193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieJane View Post
I would like to thank Ben for all his work so far, and would like to say thank-you in advance for future developments.
It's my pleasure, thank you. And please keep letting me know about issues; I may not always have an answer but it's how I learn. And nothing will get better if I don't know there is a problem.
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-26, 18:47   #202
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

11001010001102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
I just mean that I don't plan to keep building/testing on msys2 and won't be releasing any more windows executables that are produced by mingw64/msys2. I will always have a windows executable - it will just be produced by MSVC going forward. And WSL2 is another option running yafu on windows.

If you want to try to build and test on OS X please do! I will support you if I can. I've also had people express interest in getting yafu to run on apple's M1 arm-based processor. But with the heavy reliance on x86/x64 assembly code I have slim hopes of that working any time soon.
What is the best way for me to contact you? PM? e-mail? Discord? Something else?
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-26, 20:19   #203
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

DFB16 Posts
Default

PM will work for now.
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-31, 10:27   #204
bur
 
bur's Avatar
 
Aug 2020
79*6581e-4;3*2539e-3

1101001112 Posts
Default

I have a problem with the output file yafu generates. It contains the input number and factors in the format:

(input#)/factor1/factor2/factor3

Apparently factordb is unable to read this format. It's not hard to change it to input#=factor1*factor2*factor3 which factordb can read, but I wonder if it's possible to have yafu output the factors in a different way?
bur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 15:59   #205
Stargate38
 
Stargate38's Avatar
 
"Daniel Jackson"
May 2011
14285714285714285714

677 Posts
Default

I can't get CUDA Poly selection to work.

Code:
searching leading coefficients from 8942 to 9192
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
Anyone know where to get that Sort_engine.dll? I tried a version that I found on this forum, but YAFU gave me this:

Code:
searching leading coefficients from 9442 to 9692
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
error (line 1128): CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
error (line 1128): CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
YAFU Info:

Code:
YAFU Version 2.06
Built with Microsoft Visual C/C++ 1929
Using GMP-ECM 7.0.5-dev, Powered by MPIR 3.0.0
Detected Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz
Detected L1 = 32768 bytes, L2 = 8388608 bytes, CL = 64 bytes
Using 1 random witness for Rabin-Miller PRP checks
Cached 664579 primes; max prime is 9999991
Number I'm trying to factor:

Code:
48459122254139394182129172328473262875134312328758582582515084646652819439706917682551935490060136608549891
Anyone know what file is missing when it says "CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"? I think error messages should be made more specific/verbose.

Last fiddled with by Stargate38 on 2021-09-02 at 16:01
Stargate38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 17:06   #206
Brian Gladman
 
Brian Gladman's Avatar
 
May 2008
Worcester, United Kingdom

72×11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate38 View Post
I can't get CUDA Poly selection to work.

Anyone know what file is missing when it says "CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"? I think error messages should be made more specific/verbose.
I think the msieve sort engine is missing, here is a link to a zip file containing it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wGh...ew?usp=sharing

I assume that the directory 'cub' containing sort_engine.dll has to be in the directory holding the yafu executable file.
Brian Gladman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 17:08   #207
Plutie
 
"Evan"
Dec 2020
Montreal

23·32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate38 View Post
I can't get CUDA Poly selection to work.

Code:
searching leading coefficients from 8942 to 9192
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
error: GPU sort engine not found at "C:\Numbers\aliqueit112\cub\sort_engine.dll"
Anyone know where to get that Sort_engine.dll? I tried a version that I found on this forum, but YAFU gave me this:

Code:
searching leading coefficients from 9442 to 9692
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
using GPU 0 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
selected card has CUDA arch 7.5
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
deadline: 8640000 CPU-seconds per coefficient
error (line 1128): CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
error (line 1128): CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
YAFU Info:

Code:
YAFU Version 2.06
Built with Microsoft Visual C/C++ 1929
Using GMP-ECM 7.0.5-dev, Powered by MPIR 3.0.0
Detected Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz
Detected L1 = 32768 bytes, L2 = 8388608 bytes, CL = 64 bytes
Using 1 random witness for Rabin-Miller PRP checks
Cached 664579 primes; max prime is 9999991
Number I'm trying to factor:

Code:
48459122254139394182129172328473262875134312328758582582515084646652819439706917682551935490060136608549891
Anyone know what file is missing when it says "CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"? I think error messages should be made more specific/verbose.
Which version of msieve are you using? I would recommend you download the updated source code from https://sourceforge.net/p/msieve/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/ and build it yourself from the build.cuda.vs directory.

Edit: This is more of something you should attempt if the solution above from Brian Gladman doesn't work for you.

Last fiddled with by Plutie on 2021-09-02 at 17:10
Plutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 18:12   #208
Stargate38
 
Stargate38's Avatar
 
"Daniel Jackson"
May 2011
14285714285714285714

677 Posts
Default

I'm using the most recent YAFU 2.x executable (from BSquared's GitHub), with internal poly selection. Brian Gladman's solution didn't work completely (still getting "error (line 1128): CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND").

EDIT: I redownloaded YAFU from the GitHub repo, and it's working now. Must've downloaded the version that BudgieJane attached on post #196.

Last fiddled with by Stargate38 on 2021-09-02 at 18:22
Stargate38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 18:35   #209
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

67738 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate38 View Post
I'm using the most recent YAFU 2.x executable (from BSquared's GitHub), with internal poly selection. Brian Gladman's solution didn't work completely (still getting "error (line 1128): CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND").

EDIT: I redownloaded YAFU from the GitHub repo, and it's working now. Must've downloaded the version that BudgieJane attached on post #196.
I think CUDA_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND refers to the stage1_core_sm**.ptx file; it is supposed to be next to the executable. The sort_engine.dll file should be in a directory called cub beneath the executable.
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yafu ignoring yafu.ini chris2be8 YAFU 6 2019-10-17 16:22
Running YAFU via Aliqueit doesn't find yafu.ini EdH YAFU 8 2018-03-14 17:22
YAFU-1.34 bsquared YAFU 119 2015-11-05 16:24
Yafu bug. storflyt32 YAFU 2 2015-06-29 05:19
yafu 1.32 bsquared YAFU 28 2012-07-20 16:17

All times are UTC. The time now is 22:09.


Sat Dec 4 22:09:15 UTC 2021 up 134 days, 16:38, 1 user, load averages: 1.38, 1.20, 1.11

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.