mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > And now for something completely different

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-05-12, 22:19   #56
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

27·7·11 Posts
Lightbulb

Interesting bits of advice from Andreas (and Bill):
1. Because libpari is built into the code, the -n '<value>' expression can also use Pari functions, and perhaps even complex statements, like first define an ad-hoc function, then ";", then call it. I am going to try this. This definitely works: -n 'fibonacci(37217)/4466041'
2. If your linux is proper (modern) then your command-line is essentially unlimited (like 2 megabytes) so you can call with -n `cat myfile`
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 22:32   #57
frmky
 
frmky's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
So Cal

22·599 Posts
Default

You can also do something like
Code:
FILES="primo*"
for f in $FILES
do
  NUM=$(grep 'N$=' $f | sed '/^N$=/!d;s///;q')
  mpirun -np 32 ecpp-mpi -v -n "0x$NUM" -f cert-$f
done
On a related note, I've recently submitted about 1000 smaller certificates to FactorDB.

Edit: You'll also need to convert the results to Primo format with something like
Code:
FILES="cert*"
for f in $FILES
do
   cp $f /tmp/temp
   echo "C=read(\"/tmp/temp\");write(\"/tmp/temp.out\",primecertexport(C,1));" | gp -q
   sed 's/N=0x/N=$/g' /tmp/temp.out > $f.out
   rm /tmp/temp
   rm /tmp/temp.out
done

Last fiddled with by frmky on 2022-05-12 at 22:36
frmky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 05:39   #58
rudy235
 
rudy235's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
Vallejo, CA/.

22·277 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertronic View Post
Wow , 15k in 30h ..that is fast !


So I have 3 milestone 20k numbers for testing !


Smallest 20000 digit prime and prime twins.


10^19999+110949
10^19999+1514722609+d, d=0,2


Should be done, the prover extended this page...
https://pzktupel.de/smx000.html


regards
Perhaps they could include this PRP

1029999+89821. *Smallest 30000 digit PRP*
rudy235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 07:36   #59
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

3×17×223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmky View Post
You can also do something like
Code:
FILES="primo*"
for f in $FILES
do
  NUM=$(grep 'N$=' $f | sed '/^N$=/!d;s///;q')
  mpirun -np 32 ecpp-mpi -v -n "0x$NUM" -f cert-$f
done
On a related note, I've recently submitted about 1000 smaller certificates to FactorDB.

Edit: You'll also need to convert the results to Primo format with something like
Code:
FILES="cert*"
for f in $FILES
do
   cp $f /tmp/temp
   echo "C=read(\"/tmp/temp\");write(\"/tmp/temp.out\",primecertexport(C,1));" | gp -q
   sed 's/N=0x/N=$/g' /tmp/temp.out > $f.out
   rm /tmp/temp
   rm /tmp/temp.out
done
A simple cut and paste gave me
Code:
  ***   at top-level: C=read("/tmp/temp");write("/tmp/temp.out",prim
  ***                   ^--------------------------------------------
  *** read: the PARI stack overflows !
  current stack size: 8000000 (7.629 Mbytes)
  [hint] set 'parisizemax' to a nonzero value in your GPRC

sed: can't read /tmp/temp.out: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/temp.out': No such file or directory
  ***   syntax error, unexpected real number, expecting $end: 
  ***   ...05713.513159164.9156911606.091862374.224116268
  ***                               ^---------------------
sed: can't read /tmp/temp.out: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/temp.out': No such file or directory
  ***   syntax error, unexpected real number, expecting $end: 
  ***   0000646.165922646.1821702.7308300.000000587.08
  ***                           ^----------------------
sed: can't read /tmp/temp.out: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/temp.out': No such file or directory
The fix ought to be straightforward by following the hint given.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 08:12   #60
Cybertronic
 
Cybertronic's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
Germany

5×97 Posts
Thumbs up PRP->P

@rudy235


All smallest full thousand digit proven primes k-tuplets are welcome !


Last fiddled with by Cybertronic on 2022-05-13 at 08:12
Cybertronic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 12:55   #61
paulunderwood
 
paulunderwood's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Database er0rr

32×467 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
Interesting bits of advice from Andreas (and Bill):
1. Because libpari is built into the code, the -n '<value>' expression can also use Pari functions, and perhaps even complex statements, like first define an ad-hoc function, then ";", then call it. I am going to try this. This definitely works: -n 'fibonacci(37217)/4466041'
2. If your linux is proper (modern) then your command-line is essentially unlimited (like 2 megabytes) so you can call with -n `cat myfile`
One might have to type 'print(fibonacci(37217)/4466041)' to avoid trucation by Pari/GP. I certainly get truncation with echo fibonacci(37217)/4466041 | gp -q but maybe it works with the -n switch on ecpp

Last fiddled with by paulunderwood on 2022-05-13 at 13:04
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 15:36   #62
chris2be8
 
chris2be8's Avatar
 
Sep 2009

22·587 Posts
Default

Is FastECPP significantly faster than primo for 300-2000 digit primes? I've automated primo by using xdotool and I'm working to prove 300+ digit PRPs in factordb. FastECPP would be easier to automate since it's a batch program, but would I save enough CPU time to pay for time spent scripting it?
chris2be8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 15:58   #63
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

3×17×223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
A simple cut and paste gave me
Code:
  ***   at top-level: C=read("/tmp/temp");write("/tmp/temp.out",prim
  ***                   ^--------------------------------------------
  *** read: the PARI stack overflows !
  current stack size: 8000000 (7.629 Mbytes)
  [hint] set 'parisizemax' to a nonzero value in your GPRC

sed: can't read /tmp/temp.out: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/temp.out': No such file or directory
  ***   syntax error, unexpected real number, expecting $end: 
  ***   ...05713.513159164.9156911606.091862374.224116268
  ***                               ^---------------------
sed: can't read /tmp/temp.out: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/temp.out': No such file or directory
  ***   syntax error, unexpected real number, expecting $end: 
  ***   0000646.165922646.1821702.7308300.000000587.08
  ***                           ^----------------------
sed: can't read /tmp/temp.out: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/temp.out': No such file or directory
The fix ought to be straightforward by following the hint given.
Hint: gp -q -s 100000000; seemed to work nicely.

Certificate now uploaded. Let's see if it is acceptable.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 16:34   #64
frmky
 
frmky's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
So Cal

22×599 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
Hint: gp -q -s 100000000; seemed to work nicely.

Certificate now uploaded. Let's see if it is acceptable.
Placing this in $HOME/.gprc also fixes it.
Code:
\\ Limit PARI stack size to 1000 Mbytes = 10*10^8 bytes
parisizemax = 1000M

\\ Set PARI typical stack size to 40 Mbytes = 4*10^7 bytes (will grow as
\\ needed, up to parisizemax)
parisize = 40M

Last fiddled with by frmky on 2022-05-13 at 16:34
frmky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 18:01   #65
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

3×17×223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmky View Post
Placing this in $HOME/.gprc also fixes it.
Code:
\\ Limit PARI stack size to 1000 Mbytes = 10*10^8 bytes
parisizemax = 1000M

\\ Set PARI typical stack size to 40 Mbytes = 4*10^7 bytes (will grow as
\\ needed, up to parisizemax)
parisize = 40M
I have little doubt that it will fix it, as claimed, but not that it is necessarily a good idea for general use in pari/gp, especially on systems which may be memory bound.

Most of the time I prefer a rapid OOM to a system which is paging itself to a standstill.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 18:05   #66
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

3×17×223 Posts
Default

Anyone any idea how long it generally takes factordb to verify a certificate?

3178^1543+1543^3178 is still in the Processing state.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For which types of primes is GPU primality test software available? bur GPU Computing 6 2020-08-28 06:20
Fastest software for Mersenne primality test? JonathanM Information & Answers 25 2020-06-16 02:47
APR-CL as primality proof f1pokerspeed FactorDB 14 2014-01-09 21:06
Proof of Primality Test for Fermat Numbers princeps Math 15 2012-04-02 21:49
PRIMALITY PROOF for Wagstaff numbers! AntonVrba Math 96 2009-02-25 10:37

All times are UTC. The time now is 22:31.


Wed Jun 29 22:31:26 UTC 2022 up 76 days, 20:32, 0 users, load averages: 1.86, 1.76, 1.62

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

โ‰  ยฑ โˆ“ รท ร— ยท โˆ’ โˆš โ€ฐ โŠ— โŠ• โŠ– โŠ˜ โŠ™ โ‰ค โ‰ฅ โ‰ฆ โ‰ง โ‰จ โ‰ฉ โ‰บ โ‰ป โ‰ผ โ‰ฝ โŠ โŠ โŠ‘ โŠ’ ยฒ ยณ ยฐ
โˆ  โˆŸ ยฐ โ‰… ~ โ€– โŸ‚ โซ›
โ‰ก โ‰œ โ‰ˆ โˆ โˆž โ‰ช โ‰ซ โŒŠโŒ‹ โŒˆโŒ‰ โˆ˜ โˆ โˆ โˆ‘ โˆง โˆจ โˆฉ โˆช โจ€ โŠ• โŠ— ๐–• ๐–– ๐–— โŠฒ โŠณ
โˆ… โˆ– โˆ โ†ฆ โ†ฃ โˆฉ โˆช โŠ† โŠ‚ โŠ„ โŠŠ โŠ‡ โŠƒ โŠ… โŠ‹ โŠ– โˆˆ โˆ‰ โˆ‹ โˆŒ โ„• โ„ค โ„š โ„ โ„‚ โ„ต โ„ถ โ„ท โ„ธ ๐“Ÿ
ยฌ โˆจ โˆง โŠ• โ†’ โ† โ‡’ โ‡ โ‡” โˆ€ โˆƒ โˆ„ โˆด โˆต โŠค โŠฅ โŠข โŠจ โซค โŠฃ โ€ฆ โ‹ฏ โ‹ฎ โ‹ฐ โ‹ฑ
โˆซ โˆฌ โˆญ โˆฎ โˆฏ โˆฐ โˆ‡ โˆ† ฮด โˆ‚ โ„ฑ โ„’ โ„“
๐›ข๐›ผ ๐›ฃ๐›ฝ ๐›ค๐›พ ๐›ฅ๐›ฟ ๐›ฆ๐œ€๐œ– ๐›ง๐œ ๐›จ๐œ‚ ๐›ฉ๐œƒ๐œ— ๐›ช๐œ„ ๐›ซ๐œ… ๐›ฌ๐œ† ๐›ญ๐œ‡ ๐›ฎ๐œˆ ๐›ฏ๐œ‰ ๐›ฐ๐œŠ ๐›ฑ๐œ‹ ๐›ฒ๐œŒ ๐›ด๐œŽ๐œ ๐›ต๐œ ๐›ถ๐œ ๐›ท๐œ™๐œ‘ ๐›ธ๐œ’ ๐›น๐œ“ ๐›บ๐œ”