drkirkby

"David Kirkby"
Jan 2021
Althorne, Essex, UK

2×7×29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersenneNoob View Post
When I run it just turns off

So the computer shuts down, and you have to power it back on again?
drkirkby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 11:25   #35
charybdis

Apr 2020

5·73 Posts

Quote:
When I run it just turns off
Run what? Yafu? Factmsieve.py? Are you trying to run gnfs-lasieve4I__e by double-clicking on it as if it was a GUI program??

I've given you pointers to a thread which contains detailed instructions for running ggnfs. Did you read anything in that thread? You haven't answered the questions from my previous post either. If you ask for help and people give you help but you don't accept it, how do you expect anyone to help you in the future?

Or you're just a troll and never wanted the help in the first place. In which case, bye-bye.
charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 03:20   #36
mersenneNoob

"Nigel"
Apr 2021

22·5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkirkby View Post
No, the GGNFS shuts down, not the whole computer.
mersenneNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 03:27   #37
mersenneNoob

"Nigel"
Apr 2021

22×5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charybdis View Post
Run what? Yafu? Factmsieve.py? Are you trying to run gnfs-lasieve4I__e by double-clicking on it as if it was a GUI program??

I've given you pointers to a thread which contains detailed instructions for running ggnfs. Did you read anything in that thread? You haven't answered the questions from my previous post either. If you ask for help and people give you help but you don't accept it, how do you expect anyone to help you in the future?

Or you're just a troll and never wanted the help in the first place. In which case, bye-bye.
Oh ok I will read the thread, I will follow the instructions inside. Sorry for being a total jackass.
Old 2021-05-16, 11:00   #38
mersenneNoob

"Nigel"
Apr 2021

22×5 Posts
Default nil

Quote:
Maybe it has 45 digits or so in the first factor
well it got 54... btw i factored it myself
Old 2021-05-20, 08:44   #39
fivemack
(loop (#_fork))

Feb 2006
Cambridge, England

2×132×19 Posts

Quote:
Yes there is. If you go to oeis A000522 then 2*a(32)*a(33)=s.
How on Earth did you notice that? I suppose 'divisible by any number in OEIS' isn't a very large computation, but I wasn't aware that you could download the list of numbers in OEIS easily.
fivemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-20, 12:23   #40
charybdis

Apr 2020

5×73 Posts

Surely that was how he chose the number in the first place?
charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-29, 12:25   #41
diep

Sep 2006
The Netherlands

2D916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1call View Post
I'm afraid you are giving me too much credit for being able to do arithmetic in my head. I actually used Pari and specifically remember getting 2 as the valuation. I can only assume that it must have been a typo somewhere. But thanks for the calculation trick.

ETA Being a CAD designer for most of your life, pretty much strips you of being able to do any arithmetic in your head. It's sort of a "if you don't use, you lose it" in the extreme.
Accordingly with the advent voice-recognition and speech-to-text software, I expect the future generations not being able to correctly spell a word if their lives depended on it.
That would put me as much at home as it would kriesel out.
I calculate a lot on paper while designing in CAD :)

But maybe i use cheaper software (FreeCAD mainly and a little TurboCAD) or design larger projects :)
diep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-29, 12:27   #42
diep

Sep 2006
The Netherlands

36 Posts

Quote:
well it got 54... btw i factored it myself
Isn't there software located in France somewhere you can download and have it factor stuff? ECM.
Old 2021-06-29, 12:33   #43
diep

Sep 2006
The Netherlands

36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkirkby View Post
Could be the computer overheats which is common when crunching - the machine uses more power.

Turn off computer. Remove power cables. Remove all dust inside computer especially from heatsinks. I use small painters brush for this in combination with vacuumcleaner. Then take care enough air blows in and especially out of the computer case - and rerun the crunching software again. Check temperatures of the machine. Most RAM has problems above 85 degrees celcius.