mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Factoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-08-08, 17:17   #45
swishzzz
 
Jan 2012
Toronto, Canada

5×19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithX View Post
swishzzz asked if I had any data from my previous brilliant number searches. I've compiled all the data I have and attached them in the included zip file. Each subfolder has a number of files each containing the ggnfs factoring results for the "difficult" factorizations, and several of the subfolders have a small_factors.txt file which lists all easy to factor numbers. swishzzz, hopefully this will be useful for your brilliant database.
Thank you very much for the files! Do you or anyone happen to have Eric Jeancolas's contact information? As he has discovered a few base 10 brilliant numbers in the 15x-16x digit range and I can't seem to find any references to them anywhere on this forum.
swishzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-17, 01:30   #46
swishzzz
 
Jan 2012
Toronto, Canada

5×19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithX View Post
swishzzz asked if I had any data from my previous brilliant number searches. I've compiled all the data I have and attached them in the included zip file. Each subfolder has a number of files each containing the ggnfs factoring results for the "difficult" factorizations, and several of the subfolders have a small_factors.txt file which lists all easy to factor numbers. swishzzz, hopefully this will be useful for your brilliant database.
The largest factorizations for which I do not have any data to prove the brilliant numbers in https://www.alpertron.com.ar/BRILLIANT.HTM#twobr are correct are the numbers 10^155-c, 10^149+c, and 10^145+c.

Would anyone be interested in helping me to complete the factorizations for these three tables? I have created an editable google sheet where factors can be reported starting with 10^155-c: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jCU/edit#gid=0

Currently I have done TF and roughly 2*t20 on numbers between composites from 10^155-1 to 10^155-70300, and there are about 500 numbers left with no known factors. You may also report any factors you find on this thread and I will update accordingly. I will add 10^149+c and 10^145+c later if there is interest.
swishzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-17, 16:18   #47
Branger
 
Oct 2018

368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishzzz View Post
Would anyone be interested in helping me to complete the factorizations for these three tables?
I'm willing to throw some cycles on this. For now, I have started a t30 on a laptop, should finish in a day or two.
Branger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-17, 17:43   #48
WraithX
 
WraithX's Avatar
 
Mar 2006

1E616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishzzz View Post
The largest factorizations for which I do not have any data to prove the brilliant numbers in https://www.alpertron.com.ar/BRILLIANT.HTM#twobr are correct are the numbers 10^155-c, 10^149+c, and 10^145+c.

Would anyone be interested in helping me to complete the factorizations for these three tables? I have created an editable google sheet where factors can be reported starting with 10^155-c: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jCU/edit#gid=0

Currently I have done TF and roughly 2*t20 on numbers between composites from 10^155-1 to 10^155-70300, and there are about 500 numbers left with no known factors. You may also report any factors you find on this thread and I will update accordingly. I will add 10^149+c and 10^145+c later if there is interest.
I just checked again, and see that I missed reporting my c155 results. I'm sorry about that! I've found what I think are all of the results files and am including them in the attached zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z c155_logs.7z (243.4 KB, 44 views)
WraithX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-17, 18:44   #49
swishzzz
 
Jan 2012
Toronto, Canada

1378 Posts
Default

Thank you for those files - that was a lot of avoided work! Also thank you for your help Branger - sorry if you have already started the 10^155-c numbers - that table is down to 10 remaining numbers.

I've put up all of the unfactored 10^149+c numbers (171 of them, run to slightly more than t20 ECM) and will add the 10^145+c ones shortly.
swishzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-18, 07:41   #50
Branger
 
Oct 2018

2·3·5 Posts
Default

The ECM run finished overnight, so I could at least add four factors for those ten remaining composites.

I started a t30 run for 10^149+c, I expect to upload those results later today since those were fewer composites.
Branger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could a Distributed Computing approach help find the smallest Brier number? jasong Math 5 2007-05-29 13:30
10^119+x brilliant number Citrix Prime Sierpinski Project 12 2006-05-19 22:21
smallest number used in a mathematical proof? ixfd64 Lounge 22 2006-02-01 17:06
Can you find the smallest number? Fusion_power Puzzles 8 2003-11-18 19:36
Smallest untested number? wirthi Math 10 2003-10-05 13:02

All times are UTC. The time now is 20:44.


Tue Dec 7 20:44:09 UTC 2021 up 137 days, 15:13, 1 user, load averages: 1.58, 1.54, 1.44

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.