Old 2012-07-07, 07:28   #1
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

246768 Posts
Default Cosmological musings.

A question occurred to me while lying in bed this morning, the answer to which might be interesting.

One suggested future of the universe has a Big Rip. In this scenario, the expansion of spacetime caused by dark energy grow exponentially.

The strong interaction is essentially zero at zero distance but does not tend to zero at long ranges. This phenomenon means that free colour charges are not observed at ranges much greater than the radius of a proton.

What happens when the Big Rip reaches the point where the quarks in a proton are ripped apart?

I'm not sure whom to ask who might have a professional view on this question. Sichase?

Paul
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 05:03   #2
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2×3×13×83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
A question occurred to me while lying in bed this morning, the answer to which might be interesting.

One suggested future of the universe has a Big Rip. In this scenario, the expansion of spacetime caused by dark energy grow exponentially.

The strong interaction is essentially zero at zero distance but does not tend to zero at long ranges. This phenomenon means that free colour charges are not observed at ranges much greater than the radius of a proton.

What happens when the Big Rip reaches the point where the quarks in a proton are ripped apart?

I'm not sure whom to ask who might have a professional view on this question. Sichase?

Paul
The art of enlightenment lies in asking good questions rather than answering them.

PS my point about CBM was a challenge to Einstein's "All IRFs are equivalent".
Some may be be more equal than others.

(Not unlike the color of one's username)

x
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote