mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Msieve

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-08-25, 09:38   #166
swellman
 
swellman's Avatar
 
Jun 2012

54668 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charybdis View Post
Cofactor of HCN 10+7_302:

Code:
n: 159153323795859414399993217679573634403629157439272158247943966942138843142622919777924704417419450393347830288069515389084132730934854004297576012787840721198017488238874623341192697
skew: 3935854.237
c0: -11022109240325339056000220197686648805710
c1: -11813957762169718966930256995243939
c2: -2136751966464611946802672658
c3: -1558049381271202483957
c4: 400864201092624
c5: 20732040
Y0: -155903077551103439568195525989050782
Y1: 1512933410055074745342739
Score is 6.382e-14.
Nicely done!
swellman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-03, 21:09   #167
charybdis
 
Apr 2020

103 Posts
Default c184

Cofactor of HCN 4+3_466:

Code:
n: 1288420870966541327457423401697563128187770527956826832585494726405215165841980470637608224215821394194152554733348168114523551339058369701611634537845108590062264466133701035309124657
skew: 101124293.72
c0: 974638980914360897045449737219395727892611072
c1: 4219797827063945184925953662650167666
c2: -494543283474842279204870729055
c3: -10129443552045375616276
c4: 34163940584578
c5: 124740
Y0: -400690796617504803266434417211713435
Y1: 17433125019345016821281
Score 5.578e-14 according to cownoise - a tiny bit higher than the old record.
charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-07, 02:58   #168
swellman
 
swellman's Avatar
 
Jun 2012

54668 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charybdis View Post
Cofactor of HCN 4+3_466:

Code:
n: 1288420870966541327457423401697563128187770527956826832585494726405215165841980470637608224215821394194152554733348168114523551339058369701611634537845108590062264466133701035309124657
skew: 101124293.72
c0: 974638980914360897045449737219395727892611072
c1: 4219797827063945184925953662650167666
c2: -494543283474842279204870729055
c3: -10129443552045375616276
c4: 34163940584578
c5: 124740
Y0: -400690796617504803266434417211713435
Y1: 17433125019345016821281
Score 5.578e-14 according to cownoise - a tiny bit higher than the old record.
I’ve asked Max to investigate if spinning is possible for this polynomial. Either way its a good find!
swellman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-07, 03:33   #169
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

701 Posts
Default C184

Quote:
Originally Posted by swellman View Post
I’ve asked Max to investigate if spinning is possible for this polynomial. Either way its a good find!
Spin so far, I'll fire up CADO tomorrow, it might spin higher:
Code:
R0: -400690720302622814207095025725254736
R1: 17433125019345016821281
A0: 982797452002375533956672655567110687432873745
A1: -680651476659850985753127328020673704
A2: -623537817067140353105059040079
A3: -9507317983542182086228
A4: 36894236606878
A5: 124740
skew: 143670718.55
# size 6.600e-18, alpha -7.549, combined = 5.579e-14 rroots = 3
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-07, 23:50   #170
swellman
 
swellman's Avatar
 
Jun 2012

1011001101102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0526 View Post
Spin so far, I'll fire up CADO tomorrow, it might spin higher:
Code:
R0: -400690720302622814207095025725254736
R1: 17433125019345016821281
A0: 982797452002375533956672655567110687432873745
A1: -680651476659850985753127328020673704
A2: -623537817067140353105059040079
A3: -9507317983542182086228
A4: 36894236606878
A5: 124740
skew: 143670718.55
# size 6.600e-18, alpha -7.549, combined = 5.579e-14 rroots = 3
Max was unable to spin this any more with CADO. I’m inclined to publish the original unspun polynomial found by charybdis as the skew was much lower and presumably more efficient.
swellman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 00:20   #171
charybdis
 
Apr 2020

103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swellman View Post
Max was unable to spin this any more with CADO. I’m inclined to publish the original unspun polynomial found by charybdis as the skew was much lower and presumably more efficient.
Are you sure the difference in skews isn't down to CADO and msieve having different methods for computing the skew? The two polys have very similar coefficient sizes.

I'm happy for the spun polynomial to be listed. Unfortunately I'm nearly halfway done with sieving, so I won't be able to take advantage of the 0.02% improvement

You found it so you choose. Spun it is! - swellman

Last fiddled with by swellman on 2020-09-08 at 00:59
charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 23:57   #172
charybdis
 
Apr 2020

103 Posts
Default c184

That record didn't last too long

Cofactor of HCN 7+3_317:
Code:
n: 2374909327484928127332111435823235728269114079872720403202004301364032649753217378074560090040906112885742055717158728878317345455719251817676930260522519798431374590164867861953580789
skew: 10327929.578
c0: 1368203544067673073811317356090680401240394
c1: -312760243280175748911424882582572237
c2: -114880306146171943989672152717
c3: -3620920097866194228522
c4: 811868323535392
c5: -3141600
Y0: -273039398806286721370529032596882627
Y1: 3886666102985003081011519
Cownoise scores this as 5.874e-14.
charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
msieve parallel poly selection with MPI drone84 Msieve 4 2017-06-28 09:18
msieve poly select: choosing Stage1norm VBCurtis Msieve 0 2016-04-11 21:33
Resume msieve poly search job? Andi47 Msieve 1 2011-03-28 04:30
Msieve / lattice siever with degree 7/8 poly Batalov Msieve 54 2010-01-13 19:45
Different msieve 1.39 poly selection outputs... Jeff Gilchrist Msieve 5 2008-12-29 23:07

All times are UTC. The time now is 09:42.

Tue Oct 20 09:42:20 UTC 2020 up 40 days, 6:53, 0 users, load averages: 1.66, 1.47, 1.45

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.