mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Factoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-06-09, 18:55   #177
charybdis
 
charybdis's Avatar
 
Apr 2020

2×179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bur View Post
And both Y0 and Y1 are positive, I think I once read this shouldn't be the case, is that correct?
In many standard cases of SNFS we have Y1 = 1 and Y0 negative. If your number N can be represented as a polynomial (usually deg 4-6) evaluated at an integer m - say, N = 4m^5 - 2m^2 + 37 - then that polynomial is the algebraic polynomial, and for the rational polynomial we will have Y1 = 1, Y0 = -m, as we need m to be a root of both polynomials mod N. But there's no need for Y0 and Y1 to have different signs in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charybdis View Post
Planning to run t45 on (6,-8) c179 and (5,-8) c209, as well as t50 on the remaining composites from (7,-8) and (8,-7).
All done, no more factors.
charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 19:38   #178
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

19×47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
Thanks! Sorry I missed that.

The 4 possible polys scores I see are:

a1 Murphy = 1.533000e-11
a2 Murphy = 9.510000e-12
a3 Murphy = 1.335000e-11
a4 Murphy = 1.274000e-11

So the first one is the best.

I have been getting the rational coefficient variations by plugging the following into wolfram alpha, where obviously the a1 changes based on the magma output:

Code:
a1 = -31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910/15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329; a2=7*(a1-4)/(2*a1-7); a3 = 14/a1; a4 = 2*(2*a1-7)/(a1-4)
I saved the a1-a4 calculations right in the shared Magma script for copy-pasting. Change [9, 8] into the point you would need.
Code:
m := [9, 8]; // edit the plot point here
a:=rt(m[1]*gen[3]+m[2]*gen[4]);
// a1 := -31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910/15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329
a1:=a;
"a1 =", a1; //" "; // uncomment this to get Y0 and Y1 for the SNFS poly, if necessary
a2 :=7*(a1-4)/(2*a1-7);
"a2 =", a2;
a3 := 14/a1;
"a3 =", a3;
a4 := 2*(2*a1-7)/(a1-4);
"a4 =", a4; " ";
Code:
a1 = -31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910/15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329
a2 = 653247200330312889349513615946938913602982081582/171102674835329128987718333180855573265044211123
a3 = -108775676813321875784998899627888814350654685303/15581749505501813300679858388241689728597381455
a4 = 171102674835329128987718333180855573265044211123/46660514309308063524965258281924208114498720113
Checking your scores now.

EDIT: effectively the same scores provided by cownoise.com
Code:
(9, 8) c158 / snfs188 --> poly 1
n: 65450905747953132329287628843212925588466942908707926747521851453432385566465577084163919043429825490519033179336453712931411833277467544260317417144700707839
# a1 = -31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910/15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329
Y0: 31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910
Y1: 15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329

# poly x^4 - 6*x^3 + 17*x^2 - 84*x + 196
c0: 1
c1: -6
c2: 17
c3: -84
c4: 196

skew: 3.10892
# E = 1.53716677e-11 <-- best poly

---------------------------------------------

(9, 8) c158 / snfs188 --> poly 2
n: 65450905747953132329287628843212925588466942908707926747521851453432385566465577084163919043429825490519033179336453712931411833277467544260317417144700707839
# a2 = 653247200330312889349513615946938913602982081582/171102674835329128987718333180855573265044211123
Y0: -653247200330312889349513615946938913602982081582
Y1: 171102674835329128987718333180855573265044211123

# poly x^4 - 6*x^3 + 17*x^2 - 84*x + 196
c0: 1
c1: -6
c2: 17
c3: -84
c4: 196

skew: 3.76937
# E = 9.51040349e-12

---------------------------------------------

(9, 8) c158 / snfs188 --> poly 3
n: 65450905747953132329287628843212925588466942908707926747521851453432385566465577084163919043429825490519033179336453712931411833277467544260317417144700707839
# a3 = -108775676813321875784998899627888814350654685303/15581749505501813300679858388241689728597381455
Y0: 108775676813321875784998899627888814350654685303
Y1: 15581749505501813300679858388241689728597381455

# poly x^4 - 6*x^3 + 17*x^2 - 84*x + 196
c0: 1
c1: -6
c2: 17
c3: -84
c4: 196

skew: 4.50460
# E = 1.33863784e-11

---------------------------------------------

(9, 8) c158 / snfs188 --> poly 4
n: 65450905747953132329287628843212925588466942908707926747521851453432385566465577084163919043429825490519033179336453712931411833277467544260317417144700707839
# a4 = 171102674835329128987718333180855573265044211123/46660514309308063524965258281924208114498720113
Y0: -171102674835329128987718333180855573265044211123
Y1: 46660514309308063524965258281924208114498720113

# poly x^4 - 6*x^3 + 17*x^2 - 84*x + 196
c0: 1
c1: -6
c2: 17
c3: -84
c4: 196

skew: 3.71423
# E = 1.27390093e-11

Last fiddled with by Max0526 on 2021-06-09 at 20:01
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 20:13   #179
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

89310 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charybdis View Post
Planning to run t45 on (6,-8) c179 and (5,-8) c209, as well as t50 on the remaining composites from (7,-8) and (8,-7).
All done, no more factors.

All done, no more factors.
Updated. Huge thank you!
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 20:24   #180
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

22·3·293 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0526 View Post
EDIT: effectively the same scores provided by cownoise.com
The small differences I guess are due to the different skews that cownoise comes up with. But the algebraic poly is the same in all cases and therefore (c0 / c4) ^ (1 / 4) should also be the same, which I find to be (196 / 1) ^ (1 / 4) = 3.741. Anyone know how the different skew values are calculated?
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 20:33   #181
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

486410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
Anyone know how the different skew values are calculated?
My understanding is that cownoise iterates around the theoretically-derived skew until it finds a local max for E-score.
VBCurtis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 22:16   #182
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

19×47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
Thanks! Sorry I missed that.

The 4 possible polys scores I see are:

a1 Murphy = 1.533000e-11
a2 Murphy = 9.510000e-12
a3 Murphy = 1.335000e-11
a4 Murphy = 1.274000e-11

So the first one is the best.

I have been getting the rational coefficient variations by plugging the following into wolfram alpha, where obviously the a1 changes based on the magma output:

Code:
a1 = -31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910/15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329; a2=7*(a1-4)/(2*a1-7); a3 = 14/a1; a4 = 2*(2*a1-7)/(a1-4)
Have you started the processing already?
I just figured out four more possible values for a --> a5-a8. The formulas might be more complicated. I am posting four more polys. Maybe some will be better.

EDIT: Four more SNFS polys for a5-a8, the last one is second best in the set of 8.
Code:
Hold on, ignore for now, I am still checking them...

Last fiddled with by Max0526 on 2021-06-09 at 22:57
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 22:47   #183
Max0526
 
"Max"
Jun 2016
Toronto

19×47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0526 View Post
I saved the a1-a4 calculations right in the shared Magma script for copy-pasting. Change [9, 8] into the point you would need.
Code:
m := [9, 8]; // edit the plot point here
a:=rt(m[1]*gen[3]+m[2]*gen[4]);
// a1 := -31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910/15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329
a1:=a;
"a1 =", a1; //" "; // uncomment this to get Y0 and Y1 for the SNFS poly, if necessary
a2 :=7*(a1-4)/(2*a1-7);
"a2 =", a2;
a3 := 14/a1;
"a3 =", a3;
a4 := 2*(2*a1-7)/(a1-4);
"a4 =", a4; " ";
Code:
a1 = -31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910/15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329
a2 = 653247200330312889349513615946938913602982081582/171102674835329128987718333180855573265044211123
a3 = -108775676813321875784998899627888814350654685303/15581749505501813300679858388241689728597381455
a4 = 171102674835329128987718333180855573265044211123/46660514309308063524965258281924208114498720113
Checking your scores now.

EDIT: effectively the same scores provided by cownoise.com
Code:
(9, 8) c158 / snfs188 --> poly 1
n: 65450905747953132329287628843212925588466942908707926747521851453432385566465577084163919043429825490519033179336453712931411833277467544260317417144700707839
# a1 = -31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910/15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329
Y0: 31163499011003626601359716776483379457194762910
Y1: 15539382401903125112142699946841259192950669329

# poly x^4 - 6*x^3 + 17*x^2 - 84*x + 196
c0: 1
c1: -6
c2: 17
c3: -84
c4: 196

skew: 3.10892
# E = 1.53716677e-11 <-- best poly
...
All algebraic polys here should be
Code:
c4: 1
c3: -6
c2: 17
c1: -84
c0: 196
All skews and E scores are correct. Sorry for the confusion.
Max0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 22:58   #184
bsquared
 
bsquared's Avatar
 
"Ben"
Feb 2007

1101101111002 Posts
Default

Thanks for the new polys... if the methods to generate a5 thru a8 apply in general then I'm interested to see the formulas.

I've started sieving line 105 already, should be done when I wake up tomorrow.

Last fiddled with by bsquared on 2021-06-09 at 22:58
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 23:15   #185
richs
 
richs's Avatar
 
"Rich"
Aug 2002
Benicia, California

22·3·109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs View Post
I'm working on line (5, -9).
Actually I should have written line 126, (5, -9). C110 and C131 are fully factored. ECM underway on C251.
richs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-10, 02:19   #186
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

382310 Posts
Default

Something's not right! Line 143 c124 survived an overzealous amount of ECM and then crashed CADO-NFS GNFS!:
Code:
Info:Linear Algebra: mksol: N=8195 ; ETA (N=9000): Wed Jun  9 09:53:46 2021 [0.022 s/iter] 
Warning:Command: Process with PID 615364 finished with return code 2 
Error:Linear Algebra: Program run on server failed with exit code 2
On another front, both the c217 and c228 have survived better than t45 ECM.

A question: On the wraithx.net site, do I read the t as the 50-50 point or the top of the knee for the success curve?

My three top ECM values for the c217:
Code:
7488 @ 43e6 
3324 @ 11e6 
2350 @ 3e6
For the c228:
Code:
10000 @ 43e6 
3324 @ 11e6 
2350 @ 3e6
It will not be until tomorrow, but I WILL factor the c124!!
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-10, 04:18   #187
swishzzz
 
Jan 2012
Toronto, Canada

3·29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
A question: On the wraithx.net site, do I read the t as the 50-50 point or the top of the knee for the success curve?
I think generally tn means that the collection of curves run has about a 1-1/e (about 63%) chance of finding a factor of n digits if one were to exist, so that would mean the point on the graph where success probability is closest to 63%.
swishzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
factoring 2ⁿ-2 equivalent to factoring 2ⁿ-1(I think) baih Miscellaneous Math 9 2020-09-21 07:11
OpenCL GPU P-1 Factoring and ECM Factoring xx005fs GPU Computing 3 2018-10-27 14:49

All times are UTC. The time now is 07:13.


Sat Jul 24 07:13:50 UTC 2021 up 1 day, 1:42, 1 user, load averages: 1.36, 1.20, 1.38

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.