mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > New To GIMPS? Start Here! > Information & Answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-12-19, 03:43   #1
ssybesma
 
"Steve Sybesma"
May 2012
Brighton, CO USA

5116 Posts
Default accidentally deleted registered computer

I made the mistake of merging two CPUs under "View the CPU's in your account". I will never do that again!

One was named MAC (under which my 3 assignments showed), and the other one was called "Manual testing".

When I did that, all that was left was "Manual testing" and my three assignments disappeared, although the first assignment I had running finished and the 2nd one started.

How do I get back MAC as a registered computer to show in the list so that my assignments can show up again?

Thanks!

Steve

Last fiddled with by ssybesma on 2018-12-19 at 03:44
ssybesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 06:00   #2
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

32×5×103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssybesma View Post
How do I get back MAC as a registered computer to show in the list so that my assignments can show up again?

Thanks!

Steve
I believe as soon as it turns in a result it will be back on the list.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 06:27   #3
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

2·3·827 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
I believe as soon as it turns in a result it will be back on the list.
Forcing a manual communication to send the expected completion dates might also do the trick.
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 06:28   #4
irowiki
 
Sep 2018

3×23 Posts
Default

That's odd, my Manual Testing doesn't even have a checkbox.

I merge all the time with no issues due to the fixedUID thing being bugged.
irowiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 17:50   #5
ssybesma
 
"Steve Sybesma"
May 2012
Brighton, CO USA

34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
I believe as soon as it turns in a result it will be back on the list.
That didn't happen with the 1st result that was turned in right after I did the merge.
ssybesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 17:51   #6
ssybesma
 
"Steve Sybesma"
May 2012
Brighton, CO USA

34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irowiki View Post
That's odd, my Manual Testing doesn't even have a checkbox.

I merge all the time with no issues due to the fixedUID thing being bugged.
Correct, neither did mine.
ssybesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 17:57   #7
ssybesma
 
"Steve Sybesma"
May 2012
Brighton, CO USA

10100012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
Forcing a manual communication to send the expected completion dates might also do the trick.
I just tried that and it sent the expected completion dates and then said "Done communicating with server."

Nothing different.

I'm using the Mac version if that helps. I don't know if something in one of my local Prime95 config files can control what shows up on the website when I log in.

Pretty darn pesky stubborn problem.

I'm convinced that the key is for my machine name MAC to show up under "View the CPU's in your account". Right now, still only "Manual testing" showing up. Before I had both of them, with only MAC having a checkbox. Not sure what the "Manual testing" one is there for. I was trying to get rid of it.

Last fiddled with by ssybesma on 2018-12-19 at 18:01
ssybesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 18:24   #8
ssybesma
 
"Steve Sybesma"
May 2012
Brighton, CO USA

34 Posts
Default

Tried adding another double-check assignment but it did not bring back the MAC CPU I had. I t added it to Manual testing which is the only CPU I'm allowed to have, I guess. The two others which used to be under MAC still don't show. Looks like a sysadmin would have to fix it.
ssybesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 20:58   #9
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

121B16 Posts
Default

Manual Testing will NOT have a check box: It is not any CPU; it is where results submitted manually are accumulated. This can either be when you specifically paste your results into the Manual Testing Results page OR when the results come from a GPU.

In: Test... PrimeNet...
ensure Optional Computer ID is filled in.

In worktodo.txt ensure the assignment is registered; something like
DoubleCheck=<16 byte hex string>,<exponent>,<bits>

Be sure you have an accessible local.txt and prime.txt file in your Prime95 working directory. The computer ID and Name are in local.txt
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 01:35   #10
ssybesma
 
"Steve Sybesma"
May 2012
Brighton, CO USA

8110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
Manual Testing will NOT have a check box: It is not any CPU; it is where results submitted manually are accumulated. This can either be when you specifically paste your results into the Manual Testing Results page OR when the results come from a GPU.

In: Test... PrimeNet...
ensure Optional Computer ID is filled in.

In worktodo.txt ensure the assignment is registered; something like
DoubleCheck=<16 byte hex string>,<exponent>,<bits>

Be sure you have an accessible local.txt and prime.txt file in your Prime95 working directory. The computer ID and Name are in local.txt
Figured out the problem. For some reason my optional User ID was blank. I put in my login username and voila. Both assignments and my CPU are back.
ssybesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I may have accidentally hardwared fivemack Hardware 14 2018-03-23 01:43
Accidentally factored Gordon Factoring 1 2015-11-22 16:17
Deleted posts... gd_barnes Forum Feedback 49 2008-10-06 08:42
Old Savefiles Not Getting Deleted Unregistered Software 5 2004-02-18 04:43
Accidentally contacted PrimeNet jeff8765 Marin's Mersenne-aries 4 2003-10-30 00:55

All times are UTC. The time now is 20:11.

Thu May 13 20:11:11 UTC 2021 up 35 days, 14:52, 0 users, load averages: 2.68, 2.94, 2.75

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.