mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Operation Kibibit

Old 2016-01-27, 16:20   #1
jwaltos

Apr 2012

349 Posts
Default Kibibitzing

There hasn't been any action within this topic for a while so I'm curious as to the progress, if any, regarding the larger unfactored challenge numbers. One difficulty seems to be resolving large matrices effectively once a sufficient number of relations have been found.
Within the last two years I saw several papers by Joette? in arXiv regarding a breakthrough algorithm solving the DLP. I have not been able to track down the papers within arXiv since. Has anyone else seen these papers?

I'm attaching two associated graphs of a case study involving the factorization of a 14 digit integer. The points were generated from the differences of about ten unique but related equations solving the same factorization over the same interval. I obtained similar closed polygonal forms/orbits years ago using a different methodology on different values.
Has anyone else obtained such figures within their integer factorization research?

One obvious explanation for the presence of such discrete points for any multiply connected integer leads into and out of some interesting wormholes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7_A1.png
Views:	249
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	13789   Click image for larger version

Name:	7_A11.png
Views:	178
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	13790  
jwaltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 14:50   #2
jwaltos

Apr 2012

1010111012 Posts

I've been sporadically benchmarking certain msieve polynomial searches. These are my best results to date.
The former can be factored with an appropriate polynomial but the latter is prohibitive due to memory even with a good poly.
The utility of the 199 and 298 digit values is that they can "theoretically" be used to factor their respective RSA numbers.
Does anyone have a better poly or an Aurifeuillian method?

Is there CUDA code that can solve the simple quadratic equation and handle hundreds of thousands digits using gpu's with cc 2.0 -> cc 5.2?
There is a lot of related pseudo code published but nothing specific that I could find. A pointer to implemented code somewhere would help (provided it's open).

As an aside, has anyone encountered a good paper on "white holes (any language)?" Laser induced artificial black holes have been demonstrated but I have not seen much on the converse.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 210-1536.txt (2.5 KB, 120 views)

Last fiddled with by jwaltos on 2017-06-27 at 14:53 Reason: correction
jwaltos is offline   Reply With Quote