Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Old 2015-11-23, 05:13   #1
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

1C3516 Posts
Default Is there a copy of "the" aliquot tree anywhere?

Has anyone ever bothered putting one together, and if so, where?
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 06:22   #2
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

8,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubslow View Post
Has anyone ever bothered putting one together, and if so, where?
Me. Last updated in ~August/September. Includes all sequences, even, odd, etc. The "tree" is folder-structured (i.e. the folder A contains all sequences that merge into A). The root contains all sequences which are open. I think I posted the tree as generated by the DOS "tree" command, in the past (text file). To share all the folders is pain in the ass, they are many-MANY gigabytes. I can pack and share if someone wants to take over, this could be useful in case FDB gets nuts.

I will have to make an "update" soon, as there was a lot of work done there, especially since yoyo got involved, but my aliquot activity is very sporadic in the last time - I still promise to get all my reserved sequences in the 150s and in 2015 (some not worked from 2012, I only try to stay a bit in front of the wave) but no firm plan yet.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 06:24   #3
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

722110 Posts

So does that theoretically include a list of open seqs between 1M and 2M, or say, 1M and 10M, etc? How thorough is the tree?
Old 2015-11-23, 06:46   #4
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

8,963 Posts

No, all sequences under 1M. Worked to about 10 digits, checked last number, merged all (perl script). Repeat every 2, 3, 5, digits till 30 digits (tree gets deeper). Repeat every 10 digits to ~80 digits (edit: yes, they contain common terms, never had the time to purge them). Then try to pull the smallest composite from FDB, if not possible, work on it with aliqueit and yafu. I wasn't interested on sequences over 1M, with very few exceptions (I still work on 6^n, some D12, factorial(15) and (factorial(15))^2, few other sequences from Garambois' list, etc. Totally, about 30 sequences over 1M which I am interested in. But they are "much over" 1M, like they start from 7-20 digits initial term. They are not included in the "tree" above.

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2015-11-23 at 06:50
Old 2015-11-23, 08:14   #5
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

167A16 Posts

Ideally it would be nice to have something downloading updates to sequences all the time like the website but all the lines rather than the last line.
More than 1M would be nice as well.

What do people think about opening up another range above 1M? I didn't see the point before but yafu@home is putting so much work into below 1M that is hard for lone computers. I would suggest that they stay below 1M. The update script is trivially extendable to sequences of 7 digits.
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 08:30   #6
Wick

Nov 2012

23·32 Posts

I am currently also composing the complete tree.

I have created a database with all the merges of all sequences (upto 280422 atm, going to 1M)
The initial pass will still take a while, but after that I should be able to automatically update once a month or so.

After the initial run is done I plan to create a basic website for searching and displaying the results.
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 09:39   #7
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

8,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
Ideally it would be nice to have something downloading updates to sequences all the time like the website but all the lines rather than the last line.
Easy to do in perl, the only problem is that it stresses the DB too much. For clarity, I do have all sequences, and not only the last line.

Quote:
More than 1M would be nice as well.
What do people think about opening up another range above 1M? I didn't see the point before but yafu@home is putting so much work into below 1M that is hard for lone computers. I would suggest that they stay below 1M. The update script is trivially extendable to sequences of 7 digits.
Not recommended. All the fuss about aliquots is to prove the conjecture. Or disprove it. If the conjecture is true, we should be able to close the most of the sequences up to 1M (ideally all of them). If not, it may be that studying how they behave could be used by a brilliant mind to give a demonstration one way or the other. If that can't be done with <1M, then it will not be done with >1M sequences, too. So, my advice is that instead of spreading the resources to the sequences >1M, better concentrate the resources to finish or raise as high as possible the sequences we already have. There is enough work to do for everybody. Factoring below 130 or 135 digits is a job accessible to everybody and it takes from 1 to few days in an average today's computer running aliqueit+yafu.

Here is the same like the rules in an organization, when nobody follows them, the management makes a meeting and set new rules, when the right procedure would be to enforce the existing rules. We have good rules, lets follow them.

Of course, beside of this rant, everybody does what he likes.

BTW, there ARE lists of sequences over 1M, some people here are doing them. I only said I am not one. Maybe they don't read the forum often, and we should wait a while before jumping to any decision, to avoid duplication lots of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
I am currently also composing the complete tree.
I have created a database with all the merges of all sequences (upto 280422 atm, going to 1M)
The initial pass will still take a while, but after that I should be able to automatically update once a month or so.
After the initial run is done I plan to create a basic website for searching and displaying the results.
The most difficult part is to find a convenient graphical (re)presentation. I was working at that for a while but I gave up due to missing ideas and time. I may come with something in the future, but that is not a promise.

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2015-11-23 at 09:40
Old 2015-11-23, 10:50   #8
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

3·139 Posts

This earlier thread revolved around aliquot genealogy. Karsten Bonath (kar_bon) provided a Lua script to create GraphViz files for sequences terminating at a given prime or merging into an open sequence. I used that to create a database that I uploaded to a GitHub repo (https://github.com/happy5214/aliquot-family-trees). I don't claim completeness, since it is currently limited to sequences that stay under 1M. Nevertheless, it already includes more than three-fourths of the numbers between 2 and 1M, and it could be modified relatively easily to include other, higher sequences. I just thought I'd bring my work up in a live thread.
Happy5214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 13:27   #9
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3·29·83 Posts

How do you update that, Happy? Do you have to manually update it or run a script or...?
Old 2016-10-31, 23:42   #10
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

3·139 Posts

I don't really understand the question. I haven't updated it since I finished the original script runs. There's really nothing for the linked script to update unless you were to raise the bound. You could manually add the missing sequences, adding placeholders for the gaps. As currently constituted it is immune from any new developments since anything above 1M is explicitly excluded.
Happy5214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 05:12   #11
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3·29·83 Posts

I mean the terminations that come in to the tune of a couple per month or so. They should be added