mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > jasong

Old 2012-06-21, 08:10   #1
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

DB116 Posts
Default Buzzard stole my cat!

I can normally understand why a company would refuse to allow refunds for electronic purchases, since you can keep the game and continue to play it after you get your refund. But when they refuse to refund money for a game that REQUIRES a network connection and the person NEVER successfully entered the game(Diablo 3) then that is what is referred to as hiding behind the law.

I paid $60 dollars to download the file to install the game, and because I can't remember precisely the way I typed my account details, I have NEVER managed to log into the actual game, even for a few seconds.

To say that Blizzard is behaving immorally is an understatement, they took my $60 and gave me nothing but false hope(for a successful install) and wasted time because of the time I spent babysitting the download and various install attempts. It's successfully installed now(I think), but since they want me to type my first and last name precisely as I did before(there must've been a typo when I did that, that's the only thing I can figure) I have no hope of logging into the game. What the hell kind of a security measure is it to require a person's first and last name to log into an account? I'm the only one that uses my email account, telling them the email address should immediately trigger a password reset.

I'm not asking for input, just doing my due diligence of giving bad press to dishonest companies in a capitalistic society.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 15:39   #2
kracker
ἀβουλία

"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

1000011110012 Posts

The only thing companies want from you is $$$.
Almost nothing else.
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:00   #3
ixfd64
Bemusing Prompter

"Danny"
Dec 2002
California

90E16 Posts

That's why I'd never spend my money on any game until I've tested it thoroughly. If you know what I mean...
ixfd64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:45   #4
ldesnogu

Jan 2008
France

21916 Posts

I don't think they are dishonest: it's been clearly stated for months that you'd need to be connected to play, part of the game logic is hosted on servers, it's not a security measure, it's the way the game was designed.

As far as your account issue goes, you only have yourself to blame, but I'm sure Blizzard support could help you, unless you start insulting the guy you'll get on the phone
ldesnogu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 17:16   #5
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

350510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldesnogu View Post
I don't think they are dishonest: it's been clearly stated for months that you'd need to be connected to play, part of the game logic is hosted on servers, it's not a security measure, it's the way the game was designed.

As far as your account issue goes, you only have yourself to blame, but I'm sure Blizzard support could help you, unless you start insulting the guy you'll get on the phone
My point is that since I CAN'T ACTUALLY LOG IN I can't play the game, so having a copy of the game CAN'T count as stealing which is ostensibly the reason why they can't offer refunds.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote