mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-09, 06:48   #1
ValerieVonck
 
ValerieVonck's Avatar
 
Mar 2004
Belgium

84110 Posts
Default Mac Os X binaries

Hi everyone,

Can someone please point me to a site where I can download the following binaries for Mac Os X Lion (10.7)

- llr (command line version)
- srsieve / srsieve2
- msieve (and other dependent programs, if necessary)

I would appreciate that the binaries are based on recent versions of the above programs
Thank you very much!

Regards
C

Last fiddled with by ValerieVonck on 2012-05-09 at 06:49
ValerieVonck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 13:00   #2
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

142528 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricVonck View Post
Hi everyone,

Can someone please point me to a site where I can download the following binaries for Mac Os X Lion (10.7)

- llr (command line version)
- srsieve / srsieve2
- msieve (and other dependent programs, if necessary)

I would appreciate that the binaries are based on recent versions of the above programs
Thank you very much!
For cllr: http://jpenne.free.fr/Development/

I don't post Mac builds of srsieve/sr2sieve. If you can install Xcode, you will be able to build them yourself. Otherwise, you will have to wait until I or someone else posts them later today.

I believe the same could be said for msieve, i.e. you have to build it yourself from the sources.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 06:57   #3
ValerieVonck
 
ValerieVonck's Avatar
 
Mar 2004
Belgium

15118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
For cllr: http://jpenne.free.fr/Development/

I don't post Mac builds of srsieve/sr2sieve. If you can install Xcode, you will be able to build them yourself. Otherwise, you will have to wait until I or someone else posts them later today.

I believe the same could be said for msieve, i.e. you have to build it yourself from the sources.
Thank you Rogue, actually I have Xcode installed, I will give it a spin this weekend.

Best regards
ValerieVonck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 12:44   #4
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2·7·11·41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricVonck View Post
Thank you Rogue, actually I have Xcode installed, I will give it a spin this weekend.
Use ARCH=k8 in the makefile for OS X.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 19:17   #5
ValerieVonck
 
ValerieVonck's Avatar
 
Mar 2004
Belgium

292 Posts
Default

Hi Rogue,

Thank you for the links to the newest version for llr, it speeded up a test from 1500 secs in 900k range to 962 sec

Secondly, I tried to install gmp for compiling gmp but unfortunately, it could not compile properly, so I am asking you friendly that thou can compile it for me?

It would very much appreciated it.

Best regards
Cedric
ValerieVonck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 20:15   #6
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×7×11×41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricVonck View Post
Hi Rogue,

Thank you for the links to the newest version for llr, it speeded up a test from 1500 secs in 900k range to 962 sec

Secondly, I tried to install gmp for compiling gmp but unfortunately, it could not compile properly, so I am asking you friendly that thou can compile it for me?

It would very much appreciated it.
Do you have the latest Xcode? If so, you might want to change the symbolic links for gcc (cc/c++/g++) to point to clang instead of llvm-gcc. I had to do that to get gmp to build and run through the make check without problems. Supposedly that issue is now fixed, but I haven't tried to build with llvm-gcc since then.

BTW, make sure you do a "make distclean" and "make clean" before running configure. To save yourself some pain, don't override any configuration flags.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 20:27   #7
Mathew
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Nov 2009

2×52×7 Posts
Default

CedricVonck,

For GMP I followed the steps here: just substitute for the latest source.

Alternately you can download a .pkg here, and it will take care of dependencies.

Hope this helps
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Binaries needing updated Stargate38 YAFU 3 2016-01-14 05:10
Nonstandard lasieve binaries fivemack Factoring 8 2010-04-27 18:59
Binaries for 64-bit windows smh Programming 31 2008-09-03 09:18
srsieve windows binaries geoff Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5 12 2006-07-28 03:29
Need binaries for Solaris x64 rgiltrap Software 4 2006-04-27 06:55

All times are UTC. The time now is 13:02.

Mon May 17 13:02:13 UTC 2021 up 39 days, 7:43, 0 users, load averages: 1.29, 1.55, 1.62

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.