Old 2010-08-23, 08:05   #56
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

1059710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
What about this:

I send you the script, so you can run it when the original pages were updated, generate the new condensed tabs-page and upload it with the others immediatly!

I can change some lines, so the page will fit to the others. And: full support granted on my side if any changes needed!
OK, but keep in mind that I'm very dense (dumb) on this kind of stuff. You'll need to include detailed instructions on saving the script and running it and you'll need to answer several questions that I already have:

What does "page will fit to the others" mean? Fit to my pages? Your pages? Or what? Why does it need to fit to anything? Doesn't it already fit?

What does "full support granted on my side if any changes needed" mean? Am I uploading such changes to your web pages? if so, I'd rather not do that. I try to keep my whole setup on web pages quite simple and I admit I don't particularly care to introduce much complexity to the whole process.

I told you I was dumb on this stuff. :-)

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2010-08-23 at 08:06
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 09:24   #57
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

1011011100102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
What does "page will fit to the others" mean? Fit to my pages? Your pages? Or what? Why does it need to fit to anything? Doesn't it already fit?

What does "full support granted on my side if any changes needed" mean? Am I uploading such changes to your web pages? if so, I'd rather not do that. I try to keep my whole setup on web pages quite simple and I admit I don't particularly care to introduce much complexity to the whole process.

The page should fit to your HP for CRUS: so perhaps change the background-color or colors at all.
You're using the stylesheet-file "kx10n-1.css" but not to make the html-page easier to understand, read and edit.

Example:
I use the line "<td bgcolor=#D3D5AE>11<br>862<br>none - proven</td>" to show Riesel Base 11 proven with CK 862 -> color grey.

But it's better to define a line in the *.css
#prv {background-color:#D3D5AE;} <!-- proven base -->
and in the html use it as
"<td class="prv">11<br>862<br>none - proven</td>"
Still using the first version, because it would be easier to put that page directly on your HP until the *.css is changed.

Next example: Your page Riesel Base 34
Code:
  <tr>
	<td bgcolor="#D3D5AE">34</td>
	<td bgcolor="#D3D5AE">6</td>
	<td bgcolor="#D3D5AE">5, 7</td>
	<td bgcolor="#D3D5AE">&nbsp;</td>
	<td bgcolor="#D3D5AE">k = = 1 mod 3 (3)<br>
    k = = 1 mod 11 (11)</td>
	<td bgcolor="#D3D5AE">none - proven</td>
	<td bgcolor="#D3D5AE">5 (2)<br>
    3 (1)<br>
    2 (1)</td>
	<td bgcolor="#D3D5AE">&nbsp;</td>
  </tr>
With the entry in the *.css as above it could be written as
Code:
  <tr class="prv">
	<td>34</td>
	<td>6</td>
	<td>5, 7</td>
	<td></td>
	<td>k == 1 mod 3 (3)<br>k == 1 mod 11 (11)</td>
	<td>none - proven</td>
	<td>5 (2)<br>3 (1)<br>2 (1)</td>
	<td></td>
  </tr>
(Note: The &nbsp; is not needed in the table, if the table is defined slightly different and line-brakings not needed here, too (<br> does that in the html).)

So what's easier to understand in the html-code, easier to change from say proven to reserved by project or reading by a script?

Advantages:
- "prv" is more readable as the color #D3D5AE
- if you change the color, you only need to change the *.css once, not hundreds of lines in the html!
- the html-file is smaller (about 30% if all things were used so) -> quicker loading

But all this depends on the program you use to edit the html-page: if that program don't support such things, it's useless (therefore I edit my pages by hand it's more easier than you think of).

And the original page you edit has to fit to the script, too!

Example:
It seems sometimes there're missing <tr>- or <td>-tags (defining the begin/end of a table row or column).
But these tags are highly recommended to create the CRUS_tab correctly!

So to be sure the scripts work correct, the pages have to be consistent to guarantee this!

Full support means:
If any changes to the scripts are needed, I sure do it!

It's not much to learn here, so you don't need to keep dumb in html!

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2010-08-23 at 09:27
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 16:38   #58
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
OK, but keep in mind that I'm very dense (dumb) on this kind of stuff. You'll need to include detailed instructions on saving the script and running it and you'll need to answer several questions that I already have:

I think I know what Karsten's talking about here and it shouldn't be too hard for me to set up his script to run automatically every so many hours on jeepford with the output (currently, his page at rieselprime.de) being placed somewhere in the http://www.noprimeleftbehind.net/crus/ hierarchy.

Karsten, please send me the script--I'll see what I can do to get it going and then once it's all set up I'll be able to have a tangible example to show Gary what you're trying to say.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 08:48   #59
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

1059710 Posts

Guys,

Check your PM now. We cannot be forced to constantly get rid of every last HTML error on the CRUS pages. If such errors cannot be coded around automatically to generate the page that you are working on, then I'm going to suggest abandoning the effort.

It's too much manual effort to keep checking for such errors and correcting them.

Gary
Old 2010-08-24, 09:36   #60
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

2×5×293 Posts

Quote:
We cannot be forced to constantly get rid of every last HTML error on the CRUS pages. If such errors cannot be coded around automatically to generate the page that you are working on, then I'm going to suggest abandoning the effort.
It's too much manual effort to keep checking for such errors and correcting them.
The errors that occured using FrontPage prevent the use of a automated script, because this script needs delimiters for rows/columns to get the right data out of the html pages.

There're other minor issues I could solve by changing the script, but not those!

It's like getting data from a manually filled formular: The algorithm has to know, where to get the data!

I think, it's not that much more work to use a simple text editor, copy and paste and predefined empty rows will help.
Editing html in FrontPage like changing the column width will create code in every cell which causes an increase in size of that page but looks like before in the browser and which is only needed once in the header.

That's why I'm editing my pages manually (until this would be done by a PHP/SQL database).
So I got full control of the html-code and no senseless code.

Short:
To be sure the condensed CRUS table page keeps correct, I will manage this by myself!

I think it's a great simplification to see the whole CRUS effort on one small page, that's worth to continue so others can profit, too.

Thanks Max for porting the script to Perl running on UNIX.
Perhaps I can extend the script to handle more errors from the html-pages.

Karsten
Old 2010-09-06, 00:16   #61
Mathew

Nov 2009

2·52·7 Posts

S844 got lost somehow. Should be a 1k as shown in kar_bon's run from an Aug 24. The latest CRUS run shows that it is not started.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 00:22   #62
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

2·5·293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Steine View Post
S844 got lost somehow. Should be a 1k as shown in kar_bon's run from an Aug 24. The latest CRUS run shows that it is not started.
There's a "<tr>"-tag missing in the original Siep-table.

@Gary: Please insert one just before the line containing "<td>844</td>"!
Old 2010-09-06, 08:14   #63
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

10,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
There's a "<tr>"-tag missing in the original Siep-table.

@Gary: Please insert one just before the line containing "<td>844</td>"!
done
Old 2010-09-09, 19:53   #64
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×7×467 Posts

Is the CRUS table correct on http://www.rieselprime.de/? It doesn't appear to have been updated in more than two weeks.

BTW, I think that a link to that table should be in the first post of this thread. Maybe this forum needs a "Project Links" sticky thread. Doing so might allow you to remove stickies from some of the other threads.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 20:33   #65
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

2×5×293 Posts

Yes, it's out of date.

Reason: The tables are automatically updated every 15 min and available at the CRUS-Homepage.

I've left it on my side, because those days the script was not working correct and I've created and uploaded them on my page.

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2010-09-09 at 20:35
Old 2010-09-09, 22:31   #66
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

1059710 Posts

Karsten,

Can you change both of those pages to show bases <= 1030 in the title? Thanks.

Gary