mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Other Stuff > Forum Feedback

Old 2020-07-25, 22:19   #1
Xyzzy

Aug 2002

202358 Posts
Default Documentation

If you want something changed or added to the forum please read the forum software documentation first to see if what you want is possible.

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html?...rsion=30811500

Note that the forum is running version 3.8.11.

We are open to changing things, but only if the changes are easily supported and easily implemented.

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-19, 11:32   #2
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

2·11·269 Posts

Looks to me like "ignore thread" is not among the possibilities. For those occasions when "ignore user" is just not enough, because he's successful at trolling other users, on a topic that's of no interest.
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-19, 15:55   #3
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

24·13·53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
Looks to me like "ignore thread" is not among the possibilities. For those occasions when "ignore user" is just not enough, because he's successful at trolling other users, on a topic that's of no interest.
Sure, but it is possible to ignore things without machine assistance you know.

I have never used the ignore user function here and, back in the day, I never used kill lists on Usenet. I do block spammers on Twitter (and I blocck them here too) but that's because it sends a message both to the spammer and the service provider that spam is unwelcome.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-19, 21:30   #4
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2×5,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
If you want something changed or added to the forum please read the forum software documentation first to see if what you want is possible. We are open to changing things, but only if the changes are easily supported and easily implemented.
If I may...

I am a member of the Mersenne Forum because it keeps me up to date on the very latest in technology and mathematics.

If I have a deep question about just about anything, I know I can ask it here and get very serious answers from multiple very serious people.

In return, I try to answer questions that I might have some knowledge about. Quid pro quo.

It is, IMHO, annoying that the Moderators of this Forum allow /some/ to lower the SNR.

To be clear, I know I am a guest in this community. And, I appreciate it deeply.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote