Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Prime Sierpinski Project

Old 2006-02-01, 06:25   #1
vaughan

Jan 2005
Sydney, Australia

5·67 Posts
Default LLRnet-Remote

Am I using this application correctly?

When I start LLRnet from Windows Explorer I see an icon with 4 vertical bars in the system tray. I right click on console and I right click on new gui window. I maximise the gui and then click on the console.

In the gui I see under clients
name: local
address: localhost
port: 6999

In the centre of the screen are two tabs Info and Console. If I look at Info it will show any work my computer has completed.

At the bottom of the screen is an area that shows results waiting to be sent to the server (if I don't have an active internet connection) otherwise they are sent immediately and this area is empty. On the right at the bottom is a list of cached work units in a queue waiting their turn to be processed.

Part of llr-clientconfig.txt contains this:
server = "pspnet.no-ip.info"
port = 12984

Part of lresults.txt contains this:
237019*2^1801726+1 is not prime. RES64: C8F3503413C4DDA5 Time: 23491.004 sec.
Result 237019/1801726 succesfully sent to the server.

Why do I see a question mark in the percent complete section of the LLRnet-Remote GUI window? The LLRnet console displays the value.

Also, if I quit the GUI program the console still runs so I have to Ctrl-C it. When I restart the "history" of sent work disappears from the GUI.

Thanks,
Vaughan
vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 07:13   #2
Citrix

Jun 2003

1,579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughan
Am I using this application correctly?

When I start LLRnet from Windows Explorer I see an icon with 4 vertical bars in the system tray. I right click on console and I right click on new gui window. I maximise the gui and then click on the console.

In the gui I see under clients
name: local
address: localhost
port: 6999

In the centre of the screen are two tabs Info and Console. If I look at Info it will show any work my computer has completed.

At the bottom of the screen is an area that shows results waiting to be sent to the server (if I don't have an active internet connection) otherwise they are sent immediately and this area is empty. On the right at the bottom is a list of cached work units in a queue waiting their turn to be processed.

Part of llr-clientconfig.txt contains this:
server = "pspnet.no-ip.info"
port = 12984

Part of lresults.txt contains this:
237019*2^1801726+1 is not prime. RES64: C8F3503413C4DDA5 Time: 23491.004 sec.
Result 237019/1801726 succesfully sent to the server.

Why do I see a question mark in the percent complete section of the LLRnet-Remote GUI window? The LLRnet console displays the value.

Also, if I quit the GUI program the console still runs so I have to Ctrl-C it. When I restart the "history" of sent work disappears from the GUI.

Thanks,
Vaughan
You are using the application correctly, but I do not have an answer to your questions. I think Ltd can help you with this. He has more experience with llrnet than me.
Citrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 21:34   #3
ltd

Apr 2003

22·193 Posts

You use llrnet client correctly.

For the "?" that is a known error of the GUI when displaying information for
"k*2^n+1". When used with riesel numbers the display is correct.

The GUI is designed to be independant from the worker task. This is one reason why the llrnet client does not stop working when you close the gui.

That makes it possible to look at the status of llrnet client on other PCs.

When you look into llr-clinetconfig.txt you find the following lines:

-- uncomment the following line to allow remote control of your client
-- see also options below to configure who can connect
GUIremote = 1

-- if several clients are running on the same machine, give each of them
-- a different GUI port to listen to
GUIport = 6999

-- GUI password, it is strongly recommended to change it
-- if you don't restrict GUI clients to local connections
GUIpassword = "llrnet"

If you have set this up like above you can access the client from another PC in the same network.

To do this open the GUI. You see a window called clients:
Right click into this window and choose "add a client". You get a dialog which asks you for a descriptive name for the new client the IP address the port and the password. Insert the values from the llr-clientconfig.txt.

When you choose a client from the list the windows "Info, Console, unsend results and queued work" will show the values for the client you choose.

The GUI does not store any historic data. So the results display is cleared whenever you restart the client.

Yes i did answer some questions that you did not ask but i hope i also answered all questions you did ask.

Lars

Last fiddled with by ltd on 2006-02-01 at 21:37
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 08:34   #4
vaughan

Jan 2005
Sydney, Australia

5·67 Posts

Thanks, yes you answered my questions.

Another problem I have is that I run two networks at home, one on Cable the other on ADSL connection to the internet. This is my attempt to get around the measily download cap from my primary ISP.

I'll attempt to use the remote GUI to browse another PC on the same subnet and see how it goes.
vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote