mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-12-16, 12:39   #1
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

3×113 Posts
Default Prim95 remote control

I 'd like to know if exists a program to remotely check the prime95 status (or some suggest on how can I write it ... )
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-16, 16:47   #2
drew
 
drew's Avatar
 
Jun 2005

17E16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacionet
I 'd like to know if exists a program to remotely check the prime95 status (or some suggest on how can I write it ... )
What you'd want to do is put an HTTP server on your PC, and make the results file visible from there. Configure Prime95 to log results as frequently as you'd like.

Drew
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-16, 17:27   #3
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

15316 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew
What you'd want to do is put an HTTP server on your PC, and make the results file visible from there. Configure Prime95 to log results as frequently as you'd like.

Drew
Ok I also thought to this solution but are there any risks about open the result file ? That is , if I open and read the result file while prime95 is writing it , is there any problem ?

Thanks
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-16, 17:34   #4
drew
 
drew's Avatar
 
Jun 2005

2·191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacionet
Ok I also thought to this solution but are there any risks about open the result file ? That is , if I open and read the result file while prime95 is writing it , is there any problem ?

Thanks
I wouldn't expect a problem with this. An HTTP server only reads files. It doesn't edit them.

Drew
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to continue test after computer update or Prim95 close? STCB Information & Answers 2 2017-12-04 16:53
Remote control on proxied dynamic ip address henryzz Linux 5 2015-09-28 14:44
There's a [remote control] app for that? jasong jasong 0 2013-06-24 21:07
75M - 80M removed from LMH control Prime95 Lone Mersenne Hunters 0 2010-07-20 02:25
LLRnet-Remote vaughan Prime Sierpinski Project 3 2006-02-02 08:34

All times are UTC. The time now is 15:10.

Thu Apr 15 15:10:15 UTC 2021 up 7 days, 9:51, 0 users, load averages: 2.43, 2.29, 2.26

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.