mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Soap Box

Old 2010-12-21, 23:53   #1
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

DB316 Posts
Default Pope "Deviled Eggs" Benedict, heaven help us for cracking such yolks

I thought the "Pope" had redeemed himself partially when he said condoms were ok, but now he's reversed it and said they're only okay for prostitutes trying to prevent the transmission of AIDS, and that married couples should NEVER use them.

If I ever meet this guy in person, I'm going to try to obtain an opportunity to kick him in his ass. First of all, why would Someone who resurrected a 3-day dead corpse not be able to cause a condom to break, if that were His will?

And, more importantly, second, if the Christian religion is true, the Holy Spirit perfectly performs the role that the "Pope" claims to be performing. He has to be one of the most deluded fools on the planet to think God chose him to inform people about morality. If people want to know God's opinion, they can ask Him directly, though generally people don't listen to the answer.

Don't know where this thread will go, but I just wanted to vent.

Last fiddled with by jasong on 2010-12-21 at 23:54 Reason: yes, I know the thread I started before this one makes me look bad. What can I say?
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 00:11   #2
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

10111111010002 Posts

You don't have to do what someone else tells you. If you don't want to take advice from the pope then don't, just ignore him.

Some old guy who has never had sex (supposedly so, but maybe that young choir boy ...) telling the world how to do it? Hmm ... something is very wrong with that.
retina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 01:01   #3
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

3·7·167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
Some old guy who has never had sex (supposedly so, but maybe that young choir boy ...) telling the world how to do it? Hmm ... something is very wrong with that.
They're also marriage counselors. O.O
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 06:48   #4
cheesehead

"Richard B. Woods"
Aug 2002
Wisconsin USA

170148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
I thought the "Pope" had redeemed himself partially when he said condoms were ok, but now he's reversed it and said they're only okay for prostitutes trying to prevent the transmission of AIDS, and that married couples should NEVER use them.

If I ever meet this guy in person, I'm going to try to obtain an opportunity to kick him in his ass. First of all, why would Someone who resurrected a 3-day dead corpse not be able to cause a condom to break, if that were His will?

And, more importantly, second, if the Christian religion is true, the Holy Spirit perfectly performs the role that the "Pope" claims to be performing. He has to be one of the most deluded fools on the planet to think God chose him to inform people about morality. If people want to know God's opinion, they can ask Him directly, though generally people don't listen to the answer.

Don't know where this thread will go, but I just wanted to vent.
Wow! You got him out in only slightly over two years. That's pretty fast by Vatican standards.
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 07:30   #5
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

2·5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
Wow! You got him out in only slightly over two years. That's pretty fast by Vatican standards.
Nah, he wanted to give up something for Lent and you know how it is in a drinking session with your mates --- things got out of hand.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 10:23   #6
NBtarheel_33

"Nathan"
Jul 2008
Maryland, USA

5·223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
Actually, Benedict XVI served just under eight years: April 2005-February 2013.
NBtarheel_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:32   #7
Brian-E

"Brian"
Jul 2007
The Netherlands

7×467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBtarheel_33 View Post
Yes, but he had an easy ride for most of that time. Ach... just revelations of child abuse by priests over many decades, all systematically covered up and allowed to continue, leading to previously staunch catholic nations openly defying the Vatican's authority and going their own way... piece of cake.

But then, two years ago, he suddenly had to contend with the fury of jasong on mersenneforum.org. No wonder he didn't survive...
Brian-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:11   #8
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2·3·13·83 Posts
Default Hell hath no fury...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-E View Post
Yes, but he had an easy ride for most of that time. Ach... just revelations of child abuse by priests over many decades, all systematically covered up and allowed to continue, leading to previously staunch catholic nations openly defying the Vatican's authority and going their own way... piece of cake.

But then, two years ago, he suddenly had to contend with the fury of jasong on mersenneforum.org. No wonder he didn't survive...
...like a woman scorned.
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 17:29   #9
chappy

"Jeff"
Feb 2012
St. Louis, Missouri, USA

13·89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieddy View Post
...like a woman scorned.
...like an avatar unicorned.
chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 03:28   #10
cheesehead

"Richard B. Woods"
Aug 2002
Wisconsin USA

1E0C16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBtarheel_33 View Post
I was referring to the interval since jasong's establishment of this thread. :-)
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote