mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > MisterBitcoin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-11-07, 10:51   #1
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

727 Posts
Default Progress of n^41+/-1

I noticed that all number of the form n^41-1 with n<6600 are fully factored. The smallest n been unfactored is n=6697 with an C128 cofactor.


I also noticed, that n^41+1 is much less factored, only up to n=1100 are all numbers FF. The smallest n been unfactored is n=1109 with C122 cofactor.

Between n=1000 and n=1500 are all numbers FF. Going up to n=2000.

I´ll at least pretest these numbers and list them here
. From time to time I´ll take them down. Please note: Slow progress.

Last fiddled with by MisterBitcoin on 2018-11-08 at 21:25 Reason: Updated progress
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 11:33   #2
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

110728 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
I noticed that all number of the form n^41-1 with n<6600 are fully factored. The smallest n been unfactored is n=6697 with an C128 cofactor.


I also noticed, that n^41+1 is much less factored, only up to n=1100 are all numbers FF. The smallest n been unfactored is n=1109 with C122 cofactor.

Between n=1000 and n=1500 are 18 numbers not fully factored.

I´ll at least pretest these numbers and list them here. Please note: Slow progress.
These are all SNFS numbers, so a quadcore could knock them all out in a couple of hours ?
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 13:25   #3
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

10110101112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
These are all SNFS numbers, so a quadcore could knock them all out in a couple of hours ?

All of my resources for factoring are used for FDB (90 dd up to 99 dd). When I´m done with that range I´m able to switch to something else.

For now I´m just pretesting with one core. That takes ~4 hours/canidate (at C125).
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 13:33   #4
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

123A16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
For now I´m just pretesting with one core. That takes ~4 hours/canidate (at C125).
4 hours or 4 minutes? 4 hours is way too much. Like I said, these are SNFS - actual SNFS will be much faster, I think.
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 13:48   #5
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

727 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
4 hours or 4 minutes? 4 hours is way too much. Like I said, these are SNFS - actual SNFS will be much faster, I think.

ECM pretest takes ~4 hours.

The C122 took 50 minutes to complete, with 1 core. :)

Last fiddled with by MisterBitcoin on 2018-11-07 at 14:41
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 16:53   #6
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

19·223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
ECM pretest takes ~4 hours.

The C122 took 50 minutes to complete, with 1 core. :)
Why would you spend 5 times the SNFS factoring time on ECM? What polynomial are you using for SNFS? Something like 100 curves at B1=50k is enough.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 18:29   #7
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

23·5·227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
ECM pretest takes ~4 hours.

The C122 took 50 minutes to complete, with 1 core. :)
Seconded - pretest should amount to ~10% of the cost of honest factoring or less.

Also, with a snfs polynomial this jobs will take a couple minutes, not 50! Are you factoring them as gnfs?
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 19:22   #8
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

727 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
Seconded - pretest should amount to ~10% of the cost of honest factoring or less.

Also, with a snfs polynomial this jobs will take a couple minutes, not 50! Are you factoring them as gnfs?

As I said I was only using 1 thread.
The latest number (C123) took ~13 Minutes to finish using 6 threads. Log attached.

I´m using factmsieve.pl und the poly from factordb (These are not perfect, but they work ).
I used a pretest level of t38, looks like its a bit to much.
Attached Files
File Type: log test.log (19.1 KB, 53 views)
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Curious about different progress stebbo Software 24 2016-09-24 17:41
Progress bsquared YAFU 20 2014-05-22 16:52
Progress R.D. Silverman Factoring 0 2012-05-22 14:03
In Progress? R.D. Silverman Cunningham Tables 33 2010-05-07 14:02
Picturing progress ATH Data 1 2006-06-22 23:04

All times are UTC. The time now is 20:02.

Wed Aug 5 20:02:27 UTC 2020 up 19 days, 15:49, 2 users, load averages: 1.48, 1.53, 1.52

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.