Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > FactorDB

Old 2010-09-05, 15:44   #848
RichD

Sep 2008
Kansas

23×34×5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivemack View Post
Is there any plan to have the sequence-overview form available on the new database? It saved a lot of either manual work or perl-scripting when planning what to do next using the old database.
In Syd's post #807 he mentioned some things are not done yet.
Code:
-Detecting merges in sequences, sequence overview
RichD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 08:31   #849
Andi47

Oct 2004
Austria

2·17·73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd View Post

-The "more Information" search now also shows if the number has predecessors in any sequence, if stored in the database. Maybe this is useful to some of you.

More in a few days!
It seems that this doesn't work for aliquot sequences. Example: the additional information for the c170 cofactor of the latest step of aliquot sequence 4788 reads:

"Is factor of
2505014548...<171> "

I think it is supposed to give some more information, like "is a cofactor of aliquot sequence 4788, line 2549"?

BTW: The old DB seems to be down, I only get an empty page. Is this on purpose?

BTW2: will there be a possibility to report ECM curves and p+/-1 runs in the new DB - to keep track of ECM work done?
Andi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 10:30   #850
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2·2,897 Posts

Probably something to do with merges not being in yet.
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 00:43   #851
RichD

Sep 2008
Kansas

23·34·5 Posts

It appears the new data base has been cut-over live.

What does "Do quick self-test" at the bottom of the Status page do, or is that only for internal checking?

I also noticed that Login is not done yet.

But still a great piece of work......
RichD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 00:51   #852
Syd

Sep 2008
Krefeld, Germany

111001102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivemack View Post
Is there any plan to have the sequence-overview form available on the new database? It saved a lot of either manual work or perl-scripting when planning what to do next using the old database.
Yes I'm working on it. First I'll have to store the sequences in another format that can also detect merges, the overview can be read directly from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
Unfortunately, to use the new address, the source for Aliqueit would need to be modified, which prompted my query. I would prefer not to modify the source if the new db will use the old address, as expected to occur. But currently, my automated submissions are seemingly in vain. Perhaps I will just suspend intermediate submissions for now and simply add .elfs to the sub-forum posts if the issue hasn't been resolved by the completion of the sequences.

Thanks. . .
I hope you haven't modified it yet. I just moved the new database to the root directory, http://factordb.com/, http://factordb.com/new is no longer reachable. The old database is still online on http://old.factordb.com/, but I'll take this off in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi47 View Post
It seems that this doesn't work for aliquot sequences. Example: the additional information for the c170 cofactor of the latest step of aliquot sequence 4788 reads:

"Is factor of
2505014548...<171> "

I think it is supposed to give some more information, like "is a cofactor of aliquot sequence 4788, line 2549"?
It should, thats the same issue as with the merges. I'll fix this afterwards.

Quote:
BTW: The old DB seems to be down, I only get an empty page. Is this on purpose?
The purpose was a memory & upgrade

Quote:
BTW2: will there be a possibility to report ECM curves and p+/-1 runs in the new DB - to keep track of ECM work done?
Yes there will be. Maybe already tomorrow.

Quote:
Factors submitted via Aliqueit (automatically through AliWin) are not showing up anywhere. Should these go into the old or new db now?

Also, should wget still use the same address for .elf retrieval, or has that changed for the new db? If changed, is it permanent or temporary?

Thanks for all...
The old URL for submitting factors should work again, the search.php-script now redirects to the result.php-script.
I tried to make the old url für .elf-download also work, at least for aliquot sequences it does, i hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel View Post
Uhm....I hope I didn't crash anything.
Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /apache/htdocs/number.php on line 594
Looks like you might want to check for (very) large input....
No you didnt crash anything. I use transactions, so the worst you can cause is a rollback.

Quote:
My misunderstanding! I was thrown by the "?." As an amateur user of the most basic html, it took me quite a while to figure out why my floating text was not showing up on my pages.
Does it now show up everywhere?

Some more changes:
+ (quite simple) factor tables
+ Added odd/even filters to variables (Thanks to kar_bon for that)
+ a bunch of small bugfixes
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 01:53   #853
firejuggler

Apr 2010
Over the rainbow

2×1,259 Posts

thanks syd for all the update.
firejuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 03:23   #854
WraithX

Mar 2006

23×59 Posts

Hello Syd,

Thank you very much for continuing to maintain this excellent resource. I've noticed on the Mersenne Factor Table page [took a moment to find ;) ] that when you click on "Next Page", it skips you forward by 500 and not by "Results per page" (rpp). So with the default rpp of 20, you start out seeing 1-20, then click next, and see 501-520. Can you change this?

Also, I'm not sure all the factors have been moved over from the old database to the new one. For example, if you look at 2^5105-1 in the old db it shows up as FF, in the new db it shows up as CF.

Another thing I was wondering, do you have plans to accept primo certificates? I have quite a few for prp's from the old db and would like to turn them in. I think verifying certificates is supposed to be a fast process, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to tie it in with your db. I might be able to write a command line verifier, if you're interested. Or, if you like, you could write one, the pseudo-code/algorithm is provided when you download Primo. If you'd like me to write it, can you compile GMP programs? I can write one in GMP and send you the code. Let me know what you think about this.
WraithX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 16:47   #855
rekcahx

Oct 2009
Oulu, Finland

2·3·5 Posts

Syd, thank you for improvements of the DB.

There is some minor, non mathematical cases, i.e. nested a-tags. It is slightly hard to parse.

http://factordb.com/listtype.php?t=3&start=99700

Could you consire to use css and classes instead of font tags? I wish also that there is pure text format for unfactored composites, i.e.

http://factordb.com/index.php?id=110...0212700279&raw will produce 29368311107434164767966060318936186968928546806215540019457744157070060 without any html or newlines. If so, It is easy to use in automatic factoring process.
rekcahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:02   #856
Syd

Sep 2008
Krefeld, Germany

23010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichD View Post
What does "Do quick self-test" at the bottom of the Status page do, or is that only for internal checking?
I once made this page for me to check if everything is working correctly. If anyone else wants to do the check - now you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithX View Post
Hello Syd,

Thank you very much for continuing to maintain this excellent resource. I've noticed on the Mersenne Factor Table page [took a moment to find ;) ] that when you click on "Next Page", it skips you forward by 500 and not by "Results per page" (rpp). So with the default rpp of 20, you start out seeing 1-20, then click next, and see 501-520. Can you change this?
Thank you! Can you please check back on this bug? I can't reproduce it.

Quote:
Also, I'm not sure all the factors have been moved over from the old database to the new one. For example, if you look at 2^5105-1 in the old db it shows up as FF, in the new db it shows up as CF.
Yes some are still missing. I'll try another export with higher depth, maybe this time I'll get em all.

Quote:
Another thing I was wondering, do you have plans to accept primo certificates? I have quite a few for prp's from the old db and would like to turn them in. I think verifying certificates is supposed to be a fast process, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to tie it in with your db. I might be able to write a command line verifier, if you're interested. Or, if you like, you could write one, the pseudo-code/algorithm is provided when you download Primo. If you'd like me to write it, can you compile GMP programs? I can write one in GMP and send you the code. Let me know what you think about this.
No I had no plans regarding primo certificates, but its a great idea! As a command line tool its easy to write a plugin for the db, for example - pass the certificate via STDIN and get back the result as return code. But thats flexible - could be from a file or something.
Would be great if you could write something like that - libgmp is installed (5.0.1 and 4.3.2)
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 01:16   #857
warut

Dec 2009

89 Posts
Default A bug

If you factorize x!+1 with FF unchecked, you still get 3 FF entries (x = 4, 5, 7).
warut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 02:31   #858
WraithX

Mar 2006

1D816 Posts

Quote:
Thank you! Can you please check back on this bug? I can't reproduce it.
Ah, I see that it happened when I turned off P, PRP, FF, and CF (I just wanted to see composite with no known factors [C]). I see that it is trying to show 20 results per page, but since there were no hits in the first 500 n, it gives a blank page, and clicking next starts at n=501. I thought unchecking those boxes would just show results from the first 20 n, and not the first 20 results from within 500 n. (if that made sense) Maybe there is a way to separate these two cases? Maybe a radio button for 20 n per page, or 20 results per page?

Quote:
No I had no plans regarding primo certificates, but its a great idea! As a command line tool its easy to write a plugin for the db, for example - pass the certificate via STDIN and get back the result as return code. But thats flexible - could be from a file or something.
Would be great if you could write something like that - libgmp is installed (5.0.1 and 4.3.2)
OK, I'll start writing one, and I'll see how fast verification is on some of the certificates I have. I'll let you know when I've made some progress.
WraithX is offline   Reply With Quote