mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Other Stuff > Wikis > Prime Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-01-01, 22:48   #23
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

32·52·13 Posts
Default

I've change from SimpleMathJax V0.8.0 to V0.8.2 and set $wgSmjUseCDN to false.
Please check now.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-02, 00:40   #24
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

23·5·19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
Ctrl-F5 didn't do anything for me.
That should be Shift+F5, since Ctrl+Shift+R also works and Ctrl+R == F5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
I've change from SimpleMathJax V0.8.0 to V0.8.2 and set $wgSmjUseCDN to false.
Please check now.
It works for me on Chromium.

Last fiddled with by Happy5214 on 2021-01-02 at 00:42
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-02, 00:42   #25
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

172516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
I've change from SimpleMathJax V0.8.0 to V0.8.2 and set $wgSmjUseCDN to false.
Please check now.
Brilliant that has fixed it for me. Thank you
henryzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 11:40   #26
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

B6D16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
Banning redirects on the Prime-Wiki will not work in the long run.
Sure, I can... I'm the admin..
There are only a few redirects for some abbreviations like GIMPS.
But I will not include ~2700 redirects for the Riesel number pages when including a "2" as base in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
Aside from that, I have an unrelated question related to the templates. What's the purpose of having the R/P prefix on all of the Riesel/Proth template arguments? It seems superfluous, since its meaning is provided by the template call being used, and it requires extra work to add the prefix letter. Does DPL require all field names to be unique across templates?
The prefix for any template is for making them unique over the Wiki. There's no extra work for including a "P", the templates are shown in the template prototype page for copy/paste.
To keep them unique is better: have in mind to replace a text of any page with some other text. Say you want to rename a special parameter in all Riesel prime pages, there's a function to do so.
Or including a new parameter, that's what I can do when including the base as new parameter.
Searching for such parameters is another reason. Some templates using the "R" or "P" to make the output depending on the type, too.

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2021-08-10 at 22:00 Reason: deleted note for template
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 02:00   #27
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

23·5·19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
Sure, I can... I'm the admin..
There are only a few redirects for some abbreviations like GIMPS.
But I will not include ~2700 redirects for the Riesel number pages when including a "2" as base in the title.
I mean, sure 2700 is overkill, but redirects are cheap in the database. If there are any actually existing external links to the wiki you're aware of that you know would be broken, can you at least leave redirects for those? Certainly that would be a much more reasonable number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
The prefix for any template is for making them unique over the Wiki. There's no extra work for including a "P", the templates are shown in the template prototype page for copy/paste.
To keep them unique is better: have in mind to replace a text of any page with some other text. Say you want to rename a special parameter in all Riesel prime pages, there's a function to do so.
Or including a new parameter, that's what I can do when including the base as new parameter.
Searching for such parameters is another reason. Some templates using the "R" or "P" to make the output depending on the type, too.
I guess that makes sense.
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 06:30   #28
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

23·5·19 Posts
Default

I don't know if anyone else has an issue with regular users not being able to edit in the template namespace. It's ultimately my fault (I advised Karsten to protect certain high-visibility templates, e.g. {{Riesel prime}} and {{Vn}}, and he made the whole namespace admin-only for editing), but there may be value in allowing regular users to edit lower-value templates. Heck, we can't even create or experiment in template sandboxes or edit the documentation! If having regular users edit production templates is undesirable, perhaps Wikipedia's template editor right could serve as a model, opening up the namespace as a whole (meaning brand new and unused templates, documentation, sandboxes, and possibly testcases) to all users and restricting edit permissions on the production templates to "template editors" (or admins for the most important templates).
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 08:58   #29
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

32·52·13 Posts
Default

It's not that easy to import such user rights from Wikipedia, because their got more deeper dependencies with modules and other templates.
Giving editing rights for such very highly used templates is dangerous, because only a small edit can ruin a lot of pages not shown properly.
For creating or testing new templates, you can use user-subpages for how it works and looks like.
Another option is to write some comments in the talk page of any template, this can be done by every logged in user.
After the new implemented Riesel and Proth templates, there're still some called templates which need a new redesign, to work properly again.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-28, 08:05   #30
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

23×5×19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
It's not that easy to import such user rights from Wikipedia, because their got more deeper dependencies with modules and other templates.
Giving editing rights for such very highly used templates is dangerous, because only a small edit can ruin a lot of pages not shown properly.
For creating or testing new templates, you can use user-subpages for how it works and looks like.
Another option is to write some comments in the talk page of any template, this can be done by every logged in user.
After the new implemented Riesel and Proth templates, there're still some called templates which need a new redesign, to work properly again.
{{Riesel prime}} is a really bad counterexample, as even I wouldn't argue opening that up for non-admin editing given its intricacies. But why is a template like {{BirthDeath}} (only used on 8 pages) only editable by you? Couldn't you just do cascading full protection on a few major templates (like {{Riesel prime}}), protecting them and everything they use (recursively), and allow some level of non-admin editing for everything else?
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-29, 08:47   #31
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

1011011011012 Posts
Default

First I want to include more data from my old pages and perhaps all for Proth k<10000, current works of PrimeGrid, who don't got any condensed presentation of the primes found from the beginning of their work. A list like W.Kellers pages is a minimum.
So if more data is included, and perhaps more people want to edit pages in the Wiki and I got some more time, I could make some minds about changing the user rights to create user groups for such specific rules of which template a user is allowed to edit and which not. But for now it's on low priority for me
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 03:47   #32
sweety439
 
sweety439's Avatar
 
"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

306210 Posts
Default

There are links wikipedia:Morrison's Theorem and wikipedia:Selfridge's Cube Root Primality Test in page Primality test, but Wikipedia does not have articles "Morrison's Theorem" and "Selfridge's Cube Root Primality Test"
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 07:23   #33
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

13708 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
There are links wikipedia:Morrison's Theorem and wikipedia:Selfridge's Cube Root Primality Test in page Primality test, but Wikipedia does not have articles "Morrison's Theorem" and "Selfridge's Cube Root Primality Test"
Those interwiki links have been deleted and replaced with redlinks.
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
P-1 discussion kladner GPU to 72 43 2012-01-27 20:43
10,375- LA discussion Raman Cunningham Tables 27 2008-12-04 21:17
Sieve Discussion em99010pepe Prime Cullen Prime 61 2007-06-07 22:23
P-1 discussion AntonVrba Prime Cullen Prime 5 2007-04-04 04:59
New .dat discussion VJS Prime Sierpinski Project 7 2006-07-25 14:31

All times are UTC. The time now is 21:40.


Thu Oct 28 21:40:12 UTC 2021 up 97 days, 16:09, 0 users, load averages: 1.49, 1.46, 1.42

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.