mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Programming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-30, 09:54   #1
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

101001010110112 Posts
Default Anyone with access to Maple?

I've been sent some Maple code. Unfortunately I don't have Maple on any immediately accessible machines. So what I've got is some almost impenetrable XML.

Can anyone help? Ideal would be interactive ssh access to a system where I could send X11 back here but most any method of being able to display the code and its output would be valuable, even if it's as crude as a series of screenshots.

Paul
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 11:47   #2
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2×2,909 Posts
Default

I have access to maple at uni and can run something for you if necessary
Unfortunately today is the last day of term so I won't be able to until ~7th May
henryzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 12:50   #3
firejuggler
 
firejuggler's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Over the rainbow

32×281 Posts
Default

Maple? they are a species of tree that live OUTSIDE. The OUTSIDE is full of magical things, like color, smell and WILD thing. Sometimes, you can meet civilised thing.. those are called REAL PEOPLE.... wait what?
okay... i'll lay off my 2 litter coke....
firejuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 18:18   #4
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

3·3,529 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejuggler View Post
Maple? they are a species of tree that live OUTSIDE. The OUTSIDE is full of magical things, like color, smell and WILD thing. Sometimes, you can meet civilised thing.. those are called REAL PEOPLE.... wait what?
okay... i'll lay off my 2 litter coke....
Yes, they live in the big room, where there's an excessively bright light set in a blue ceiling when people are trying to sleep, and dim security lights in normal working hours

I thought the whole point of litters was to lie on them?
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 18:21   #5
bcp19
 
bcp19's Avatar
 
Oct 2011

2A716 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
Yes, they live in the big room, where there's an excessively bright light set in a blue ceiling when people are trying to sleep, and dim security lights in normal working hours

I thought the whole point of litters was to lie on them?
<gasp> you lie on litters of kittens?!?!?
bcp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 09:50   #6
pinhodecarlos
 
pinhodecarlos's Avatar
 
"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

5×7×139 Posts
Default

In which version was the Maple code written?

Last fiddled with by pinhodecarlos on 2012-03-31 at 09:50
pinhodecarlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 15:20   #7
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

3×3,529 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
In which version was the Maple code written?
I don't know.

The XML begins
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Worksheet>
<Version major="14" minor="1"/>
<Label-Scheme value="2" prefix=""/>
<View-Properties presentation="true"></View-Properties>
if that helps.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 08:40   #8
NBtarheel_33
 
NBtarheel_33's Avatar
 
"Nathan"
Jul 2008
Maryland, USA

5·223 Posts
Default

Major version 14, minor version 1 sounds like it would be Maple 14.1. I believe the latest release is Maple 16, so this was created probably in the last couple of years.
NBtarheel_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 10:16   #9
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

3·3,529 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBtarheel_33 View Post
Major version 14, minor version 1 sounds like it would be Maple 14.1. I believe the latest release is Maple 16, so this was created probably in the last couple of years.
That's consistent with what I know about the code. I'm discussing the contents of a paper published in 2010. Either I've found a bug in the algorithm or I've made an error in my implementation. I've sent the person concerned my C/GMP code and he's sent me his Maple.

The paper concerned is this one:

Highly parallel modular multiplication in the residue number system using sum of residues reduction by Braden J. Phillips, Yinan Kong & Zhining Lim.
DOI: 10.1007/s00200-010-0124-2

The ultimate aim is to write a multiprecision integer arithmetic package suitable for SIMT / SIMD machines. RNS has some powerful advantages over positional representation but also has some severe disadvantages. In particular, comparisons for other than equality/inequality and division/remainder are very hard. The paper concerned describes a new (to me anyway) way of performing a*b%c in RNS arithmetic. At first sight it looks to be better than the traditional (Bajard and variants) algorithm.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 15:33   #10
Minty
 
Minty's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

1416 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
Can anyone help? Ideal would be interactive ssh access to a system where I could send X11 back here but most any method of being able to display the code and its output would be valuable, even if it's as crude as a series of screenshots.
Paul
Scurrilous and scandalous I know, but you could always check this out - on the QT of course

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/67162...mp__64_Bits%5D
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 16:16   #11
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

101001010110112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Scurrilous and scandalous I know, but you could always check this out - on the QT of course

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/67162...mp__64_Bits%5D
Interesting.

However, I'm cursed with a (possibly uncommon) sense of morality.

Paul
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CUDA Atomic Access tapion64 GPU Computing 2 2014-04-13 13:42
No access to mersenneforum anymore Cedric Vonck Forum Feedback 2 2008-01-19 23:48
Too Much Internet Access. M0CZY Software 3 2005-10-17 15:41
Need access to a PowerPC G4 and G5 ewmayer Hardware 0 2005-05-03 22:15
Access violation error Unregistered Hardware 7 2005-04-23 11:56

All times are UTC. The time now is 11:32.

Wed Mar 3 11:32:25 UTC 2021 up 90 days, 7:43, 0 users, load averages: 1.72, 1.60, 1.36

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.