mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > GPU to 72

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-12-30, 19:00   #5226
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

22×2,617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBES View Post
I'm curious as to why GPU72 gave me the following P-1 assignment?
Because 108.3M is an "outliner", and needs some TLC to get it below 2,000 unfactored candidates.

OCD... And, yeah... We don't get out much...
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 00:12   #5227
Zhangrc
 
"University student"
May 2021
Beijing, China

251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBES View Post
Here is another one in my queue from the same batch.

https://www.mersenne.org/report_expo...8349477&full=1
Please use larger bounds, B1=1e6, B2=4e7 at least. 108.3M should be treated differently, because factoring helps both GIMPS and sub-2k project.
In other ranges that have already less than 2000 unfactored, you may use smaller bounds.
Zhangrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 05:35   #5228
LOBES
 
Mar 2019
USA

1258 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhangrc View Post
Please use larger bounds, B1=1e6, B2=4e7 at least. 108.3M should be treated differently, because factoring helps both GIMPS and sub-2k project.
In other ranges that have already less than 2000 unfactored, you may use smaller bounds.
That PC as 8063 MB of RAM. I have set it to use 6144 MB day / 6144 MB night.

I let Prime95 (V30.7 build 9) choose the bounds, I don't touch them. The only thing I change is tests_saved = 1, since the primality test will be a PRP with GEC and proof generation.
LOBES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 12:41   #5229
Zhangrc
 
"University student"
May 2021
Beijing, China

251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBES View Post
The only thing I change is tests_saved = 1, since the primality test will be a PRP with GEC and proof generation.
It usually makes sense, but 108.3M should be treated differently at current situations.
If you use all these small bounds for 108.3M, there will be 2030 unfactored exponents at least, thus P-1 have to be rerun with larger bounds for the 2k project, which means that you previous run worth virtually nothing.
You may change a range (110.3M and 111.2M seems to be very good choices with less than 1900 unfactored).

Last fiddled with by Zhangrc on 2021-12-31 at 12:46
Zhangrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 15:15   #5230
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

120758 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBES View Post
That PC as 8063 MB of RAM. I have set it to use 6144 MB day / 6144 MB night.

I let Prime95 (V30.7 build 9) choose the bounds, I don't touch them. The only thing I change is tests_saved = 1, since the primality test will be a PRP with GEC and proof generation.
For the sake of getting this range under 2000 you probably need to leave tests_saved =2.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 01:35   #5231
DrobinsonPE
 
Aug 2020

137 Posts
Default

Over the last two days I was assigned the following exponents by GPU72.

Factor=N/A,19588279,73,74
Factor=N/A,19591483,73,74
Factor=N/A,19588337,73,74

Today I turned in the first two and am currently 85% done with the third.

Unfortunately TheJudger turned in all three exponents yesterday.

Just to be clear because my post is factual, This is just factual. I do not know how TheJudger and I got assigned the same assignments and I am not upset that it happened. I just thought that Chris would want to know that somehow the exponents got assigned twice. (my wife tells me often that people think I am mad when I am just being factual)

Last fiddled with by DrobinsonPE on 2022-01-12 at 01:53 Reason: Disclaimer
DrobinsonPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 02:33   #5232
LordJulius
 
LordJulius's Avatar
 
Aug 2021
California

208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrobinsonPE View Post
Over the last two days I was assigned the following exponents by GPU72.

Factor=N/A,19588279,73,74
Factor=N/A,19591483,73,74
Factor=N/A,19588337,73,74
If your lines always had 'N/A' in them, you never got an AID, so they were never officially assigned to you.
If your worktodo lines were "Factor=195____" when you started them, then likely the server had already assigned the exponents and bounced them back to you with 'N/A' inserted.
LordJulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 02:54   #5233
Mark Rose
 
Mark Rose's Avatar
 
"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013

23×32×41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
If your lines always had 'N/A' in them, you never got an AID, so they were never officially assigned to you.
If your worktodo lines were "Factor=195____" when you started them, then likely the server had already assigned the exponents and bounced them back to you with 'N/A' inserted.
GPU72 doesn't give assignment ids. It holds on to the assignment ids and the normal process is for a manual result to "poach" GPU72.
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 18:56   #5234
LordJulius
 
LordJulius's Avatar
 
Aug 2021
California

100002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rose View Post
GPU72 doesn't give assignment ids. It holds on to the assignment ids and the normal process is for a manual result to "poach" GPU72.
And the Prime95 server can't know what GPU72 has reserved? Sounds like setting up a bunch of unintentional poaching then.

Last fiddled with by LordJulius on 2022-01-12 at 19:03 Reason: Reword
LordJulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 20:00   #5235
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

101000111001002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
And the Prime95 server can't know what GPU72 has reserved? Sounds like setting up a bunch of unintentional poaching then.
Sorry, everyone... This was a profoundly Stupid Programmer Error on my part...

There was a legacy conditional from several years ago which resulted in Oliver being given a bunch of insane assignments. Oliver brought this to my attention, and I finally had some cycles to drill down, and figure out where the SPE was.

Again... Sorry about that everyone. A cycle is an awful thing to waste.

Everything /should/ be sane moving forward. Please report if things don't seem sane.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-13, 04:10   #5236
Mark Rose
 
Mark Rose's Avatar
 
"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013

23×32×41 Posts
Default

Looks like I did ten unneeded assignments as well. A day of processing. Not the worst; oh well.
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Status Primeinator Operation Billion Digits 5 2011-12-06 02:35
62 bit status 1997rj7 Lone Mersenne Hunters 27 2008-09-29 13:52
OBD Status Uncwilly Operation Billion Digits 22 2005-10-25 14:05
1-2M LLR status paulunderwood 3*2^n-1 Search 2 2005-03-13 17:03
Status of 26.0M - 26.5M 1997rj7 Lone Mersenne Hunters 25 2004-06-18 16:46

All times are UTC. The time now is 03:58.


Fri May 27 03:58:54 UTC 2022 up 43 days, 2 hrs, 0 users, load averages: 1.39, 1.53, 1.48

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔