mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > GPU to 72

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-06, 14:55   #45
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

274416 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
I would also like to see that, I assume it should be a fairly simple implementation.
Yeah, quite easy.

There is now a "Unreserve all of these" button on the LL TF, DC TF, LL P-1 and DC P-1 assignment pages.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 18:08   #46
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!
 
Dubslow's Avatar
 
"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3×29×83 Posts
Default

Can weyou rename the buttons to "Go Fishing" and "Throw them back"?

Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:59   #47
cheesehead
 
cheesehead's Avatar
 
"Richard B. Woods"
Aug 2002
Wisconsin USA

22×3×641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubslow View Post
Can weyou rename the buttons to "Go Fishing" and "Throw them back"?

Or "Catch" and "Release"?
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:47   #48
bcp19
 
bcp19's Avatar
 
Oct 2011

2A716 Posts
Default

Would it be possible to make an option on the overall statistics to set the max # of days shown? I have 8 months of data and it has shrunk the graph down to where it is impossible to see anythong other than a broad generalization. Maybe leave that one there and add a 'past 100 days' graph so it is easier to see?
bcp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:16   #49
KingKurly
 
KingKurly's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Annapolis, MD, USA

18910 Posts
Default

Feature request: Ability to optionally tag an assignment with a machine name. Perhaps allow for sorting and/or stats based on machine names.

Use case: I have two main machines doing P-1 work. The larger of the two, I load up with more assignments and do it less often. My laptop, I load up usually with only one or two assignments at a time and I add assignments as needed. The machines are different speeds. It would be nice if there were some way to differentiate between the two in the stats, or at least on my assignments page. There have been times in the past where because the larger of the two machines had such a deep stack of assignments, I had trouble getting new single assignments for the laptop.

This is not a fully baked feature request I guess, but I wanted to write it down somewhere before I forgot about it.

--

Side question: Is there a way to request a small LL with a given TF level? Last night there was one LL in the 45M range that was TF'd in excess of 73 bits. I kinda want to grab it, but I kept getting offered one that was "only" TF'd to 72.
KingKurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 13:18   #50
flashjh
 
flashjh's Avatar
 
"Jerry"
Nov 2011
Vancouver, WA

112310 Posts
Default

chalsall: On our 'Factors found by' page, can you add a sortable date column?

Last fiddled with by flashjh on 2012-07-09 at 13:23
flashjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 14:23   #51
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

100111010001002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashjh View Post
chalsall: On our 'Factors found by' page, can you add a sortable date column?
Easy. Done.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 14:28   #52
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

22×7×359 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKurly View Post
Feature request: Ability to optionally tag an assignment with a machine name. Perhaps allow for sorting and/or stats based on machine names.
Yeah. Bdot asked for something similar a while ago. It's on my todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKurly View Post
Side question: Is there a way to request a small LL with a given TF level? Last night there was one LL in the 45M range that was TF'd in excess of 73 bits. I kinda want to grab it, but I kept getting offered one that was "only" TF'd to 72.
While it wouldn't be difficult to do, there isn't currently any way to do that, other than ask for a bunch, and throw back what you don't like. But PLEASE don't do that -- the way LL and DC assignments are handled (AnonSpidy trick), any assignments which are unreserved have to go through a process of being passed back to PrimeNet and then recaptured.

Is this something people actually want? As it is the system gives the lowest available candidate, which in my mind makes the most sense as the lower the candidate, the faster it is to process. Being TFed to a slightly higher level only increases its likelihood of being Prime by a tiny (tiny!!!) amount.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 14:29   #53
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

22×7×359 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp19 View Post
Would it be possible to make an option on the overall statistics to set the max # of days shown? I have 8 months of data and it has shrunk the graph down to where it is impossible to see anythong other than a broad generalization. Maybe leave that one there and add a 'past 100 days' graph so it is easier to see?
Yeah, I have to climb into that section of code, and handle those who have been with the project since the beginning. Been thinking about how best to handle this.

It's high on my list....
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 14:52   #54
KingKurly
 
KingKurly's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Annapolis, MD, USA

33·7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
While it wouldn't be difficult to do, there isn't currently any way to do that, other than ask for a bunch, and throw back what you don't like. But PLEASE don't do that -- the way LL and DC assignments are handled (AnonSpidy trick), any assignments which are unreserved have to go through a process of being passed back to PrimeNet and then recaptured.
Hmm, even if we never actually claim the assignment with mprime (completing the transfer)? I would've thought that assignment would stay with you. (No worries, it's not like I put a lot of effort into trying to get the test, I think I got 2-3 assignments and threw them back without ever 'claiming' them. And I won't do it again.) ...Oh. It just clicked as to why it matters. You need a new AID so that I/others don't know the old one. Makes sense now. Okay. Won't do that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
Is this something people actually want?
Apparently. But not something I feel strongly about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
As it is the system gives the lowest available candidate, which in my mind makes the most sense as the lower the candidate, the faster it is to process. Being TFed to a slightly higher level only increases its likelihood of being Prime by a tiny (tiny!!!) amount.
Fair enough. It was more a "hey it's there, why not take the 'nicest' one available?"
KingKurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 01:30   #55
flashjh
 
flashjh's Avatar
 
"Jerry"
Nov 2011
Vancouver, WA

100011000112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
Easy. Done.
Thank you (and to whomever moved my request to the appropriate thread)

Last fiddled with by flashjh on 2012-07-10 at 01:37
flashjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Requests? Xyzzy Forum Feedback 104 2017-04-02 22:20
Collaboration Requests robert44444uk Prime Gap Searches 2 2017-01-17 07:57
Requests for change... WraithX FactorDB 32 2014-12-18 03:40
Manual Requests tului GPU Computing 15 2014-06-24 06:22
a few simple requests for v5 ixfd64 PrimeNet 44 2010-01-11 20:21

All times are UTC. The time now is 14:22.


Thu Dec 9 14:22:20 UTC 2021 up 139 days, 8:51, 0 users, load averages: 2.52, 1.97, 1.60

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.