mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Math Stuff > Abstract Algebra & Algebraic Number Theory

Old 2017-06-28, 22:47   #1
manasi

Jun 2017

13 Posts
Default Endomorphisms and Factoring

1. I need to find out a program that only deals in machine level 0s and 1s. What I mean is unlike C++, Java, etc...decimals are not converted to binary but it is a program where every number dealing is binary. There should be no fixed integer range so large blocks can be dealt with in a good way.

2. So, the supposed mersenne prime to binary. The about to be tested primes(P) are also in binary.

Then, one uses endomorphisms [f][/P] which makes all the P appearances in the block supposed Mersenne prime to 000 s of P length. Then another endomorphism just performs subtraction right from the first or second place below 1's in the block. This can be created as a function.

I am just looking for a program that handles large binary numbers. I am also open to knowing more about endomorphisms and factoring if there exists such theory.

Last fiddled with by manasi on 2017-06-28 at 23:02
manasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 22:54   #2
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

10,039 Posts

Just putting this out there for consideration...

Do any other regular Mersenne Forum members find it a bit odd that there are many new participants who get the "lingo", but ask really stupid questions?
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 23:03   #3
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

838410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
Just putting this out there for consideration...

Do any other regular Mersenne Forum members find it a bit odd that there are many new participants who get the "lingo", but ask really stupid questions?
Could be my fault, I think I once posted a link to the forum, on a youtube comment, on a numberphile video.
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 23:04   #4
paulunderwood

Sep 2002
Database er0rr

22·983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasi View Post
1. I need to find out a program that only deals in machine level 0s and 1s. What I mean is unlike C++, Java, etc...decimals are not converted to binary but it is a program where every number dealing is binary.
Pari/GP has a function called binary(). For example:

Code:
? n=2^17-1;
? binary(n)
[1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 23:05   #5
manasi

Jun 2017

158 Posts

That is a rude message. Is it not? If my question is that trivial to you, then you could have done the honours of answering it. Did you get my post?
Old 2017-06-28, 23:08   #6
manasi

Jun 2017

13 Posts

Thank You. I will check out PARI/GP.
Old 2017-06-28, 23:36   #7
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26×131 Posts

Quote:
Thank You. I will check out PARI/GP.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_code might also be something to read.
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 23:48   #8
manasi

Jun 2017

13 Posts

@science man: That is not what I am saying, people use high level language. It converts everything to machine code. My problem is with HLLs and their fixd integer range which makes prime factoring or mathematical computations difficult. So I am looking for a modern low level program where the number system is binary and like machine language , since large amounts of bits and bytes are stored, working with them is simple. Prime factoring would be very comfortable with elementary computations.
Old 2017-06-28, 23:50   #9
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

10,039 Posts

Quote:
That is a rude message. Is it not? If my question is that trivial to you, then you could have done the honours of answering it. Did you get my post?
A very wise man once told me that I didn't need to bat at every ball.

He also wisely told me that sometimes you simply touch the ball to cause a little trouble, when it was worth the effort.

RIP ROK.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 23:55   #10
paulunderwood

Sep 2002
Database er0rr

22×983 Posts

Quote:
@science man: That is not what I am saying, people use high level language. It converts everything to machine code. My problem is with HLLs and their fixd integer range which makes prime factoring or mathematical computations difficult. So I am looking for a modern low level program where the number system is binary and like machine language , since large amounts of bits and bytes are stored, working with them is simple. Prime factoring would be very comfortable with elementary computations.
If you have linux you could use the bc language:

Code:
bc 1.06.95
Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'. 
ibase=2
obase=2
101010*101001
I think you can get it for Windows and iPhone

Last fiddled with by paulunderwood on 2017-06-29 at 00:09
paulunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 00:01   #11
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

11100001101012 Posts

Quote:
Do you mean something like GMP?

Yes, every language still fundamentally works in binary, but typically in fixed-width binary. GMP is a library for C (and therefore all its derivatives) that allows for arbitrary-size integers. It's very common in big number prime testing and factorization code.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...metic_software

A lot of the languages and software packages in the above list use GMP under the hood.
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote