mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Fun Stuff > Lounge

View Poll Results: What type of shirt are you interested in?
Polo - Black 9 27.27%
Polo - Blue 12 36.36%
T-shirt - Black 15 45.45%
T-shirt - Blue 11 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2021-04-14, 12:04   #78
ramshanker

"Ram Shanker"
May 2015
Delhi

2·19 Posts

Filling interest form for next batch.
ramshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-01, 21:39   #79
section31

Dec 2015
Local Group

128 Posts

Today I received a mysterious package from a faraway country. I opened it and was happy to see my Tshirt and polo!

I can now impress all of my friends with geeky conversation about prime numbers. Life is good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shirt.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	24997  
section31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-03, 01:28   #80
section31

Dec 2015
Local Group

128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by section31 View Post
I can now impress all of my friends with geeky conversation about prime numbers. Life is good.

Update: I wore my shirt to a bar tonight. Not a single person asked me about it. What is this world coming to?
section31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 21:17   #81
Tad Mar

Oct 2020

2×3 Posts

Just got mine today, looks awesome!
Tad Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 11:21   #82
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

26·32·17 Posts

We received our T-shirt some time ago, but were too busy to post a review about.

The good part: the T-shirt is awesome. The material is very good quality, not synthetic crap, the knitting is good, dense (I hate the rare knitting with cross stitch, this is straight and it looks nice), embroidery is well done and with good quality string, and it didn't break the fiber as we have seen for other (cheap) clothes articles in the past, where the embroidery needle perforated the fabric, resulting in a hole after few washing cycles. This is not the case for actual T-shirt, so we hope we will wear it for many years. Well, I mean, take it off and wash it from time to time of course

The "don't know if good or bad" part: the T-shirt has no lateral sewing, i.e. it is not made from two parts of material, front and back, like we are used with most of our similar articles, but it is made from "cylindrical" cloth ("burlap style, so there is no sewing in laterals from the armpit downwards). This may be good, because less sewing means longer MTTF, and also more convenient to wear (some people I know, swmbo included, are really bothered by any stitching line, it "itches" them, or bother them in different ways, etc), but on the other hand, this may be bad, because the round-around knitting may cause the fabric to twist or curl around your body, especially for "belly-bears" like me. We don't know this, because we didn't wear it yet, but its time will come, and we will let you know in few years or so, how it is for wearing.

The bad part: When we put it on, it has a belly. Next time you must send me one which only has muscles, six packs!

Click image for larger version

Name:	teesh.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	25143

Edit: forgot to mention, we also got a free ... neck chain? how do you call that stuff around the neck? ... with it, which has a nice cabriolet attached. We may use it for something in the future.

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2021-06-18 at 11:30
LaurV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 12:34   #83
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

43·233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Edit: forgot to mention, we also got a free ... neck chain? how do you call that stuff around the neck? ... with it, which has a nice cabriolet attached. We may use it for something in the future.
Lanyard. Useful for work ID's and conference badges. Or you could go all Flavor Flav and hang a tablet running mprime from it.

Last fiddled with by Uncwilly on 2021-06-18 at 12:36
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 13:06   #84
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

10011100011102 Posts

Quote:
<snip>

"Cabriolet?"

EDIT: As my blood caffeine approaches working levels, it occurs to me that you might have meant "carabiner."

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2021-06-18 at 13:09 Reason: as indicated
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 13:27   #85
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

100110010000002 Posts

Bwaa, haa! Right. Carabiner. You are totally right.

I don't know why I wrote cabriolet. Haha (bitter laught). Stupid. I knew the difference, but it was just few minutes before 6:30 PM and I was in hurry to leave for home (office work is till 5:30, but I had to finish something before the weekend; after finishing that, I was really in hurry to go home, but I couldn't stop myself to open the forum for few minutes ).

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2021-06-18 at 13:29
LaurV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 15:47   #86
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

10011100011102 Posts

Quote:
Bwaa, haa! Right. Carabiner. You are totally right.

I don't know why I wrote cabriolet. Haha (bitter laught).
<snip>
Your mind slipped a cog. It happens. "I was in a hurry" is a likely explanation. BTW I once heard a police officer say that "I was in a hurry" was the most common explanation from drivers he ticketed for running red lights. Which reminds me...

I recognized the word "cabriolet" as a type of car, and thought, "Hey, LaurV got one heck of a freebie!"

Since I couldn't remember what it meant, I looked it up. A cabriolet is a "convertible," a car with a retractable or removable top.

It also was used to describe a light horse-drawn carriage with a folding hood. It is the source of the term "cab" as in "taxicab."

As the description percolated through my mind, I thought of the similar-looking conveyance in the illustration for a poem I had read long ago, The Deacon's Masterpiece or, the Wonderful "One-hoss Shay": A Logical Story written by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (father of the Supreme Court justice). You can read the text here.

Before I looked up the poem, I learned that the term "shay" comes from the French "chaise."
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 16:17   #87
Nick

Dec 2012
The Netherlands

110110101112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
Since I couldn't remember what it meant, I looked it up. A cabriolet is a "convertible," a car with a retractable or removable top.

It also was used to describe a light horse-drawn carriage with a folding hood. It is the source of the term "cab" as in "taxicab."
"Taximeter cabriolet", which we shorten to "taxi" and you shorten to "cab".
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 23:36   #88
birtwistlecaleb

Jun 2021

3816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
Lanyard. Useful for work ID's and conference badges. Or you could go all Flavor Flav and hang a tablet running mprime from it.
I can get a version of gimps on mobile!?
birtwistlecaleb is offline   Reply With Quote