mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Soap Box

Old 2021-01-22, 13:23   #1
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

2·13·167 Posts
Default Presidin' with Biden

I swear to God I am not making this up. This is a press release dated January 21, 2021, from the office of a member of the Q-anon Caucus of the US House of Representatives:

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene Introduces Articles of Impeachment Against President Joe Biden

Every allegation is about his activities when he was Vice President.

Could somebody please make that cuckoo clock quite chiming?
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 13:45   #2
tServo

"Marv"
May 2009
near the Tannhäuser Gate

22×32×17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
I swear to God I am not making this up. This is a press release dated January 21, 2021, from the office of a member of the Q-anon Caucus of the US House of Representatives:

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene Introduces Articles of Impeachment Against President Joe Biden

Every allegation is about his activities when he was Vice President.

Could somebody please make that cuckoo clock quite chiming?
There's a Q-anon Caucus in the house ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Oh well. Maybe it will have one fewer member when that Colorado rep gets indicted and convicted of aiding and abetting the attempted coup.
tServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 15:01   #3
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

2·13·167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tServo View Post
There's a Q-anon Caucus in the house ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
Just my way of referring to Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA 14th District) and Lauren Boebert (R-CO 3rd District). Those are the only ones I know about for sure.

I've seen Greene referred to as "Q Barbie," and myself have thought of the term "The Qanon Twins" for the two of them.
Quote:
Oh well. Maybe it will have one fewer member when that Colorado rep gets indicted and convicted of aiding and abetting the attempted coup.
Not gonna happen, alas. Expulsion takes a two-thirds vote. Resignation requires a significant backlash from constituents.

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2021-01-22 at 15:02 Reason: gifnix optsy
Old 2021-01-23, 17:48   #4
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

103668 Posts

After an over two-month stretch with an "Acting" Secretary of Defense, President Biden's nominee Lloyd James Austin was granted a waiver from the "seven year rule" by 3/5 majorities of both Houses of Congress, and confirmed by the US Senate.

A curious circumstance about those votes:

On January 12, 2017, U.S. Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) voted Yea to waive the requirement that former military officers be retired at least 7 years to make James Mattis eligible to be Secretary of Defense. On January 20, 2017 he voted Yea to confirm James Mattis.

On January 21, 2021, he voted Nay on the waiver for Lloyd James Austin. On January 22, 2021, he voted Nay to confirm Lloyd James Austin as Secretary of Defense.

(The only other Nay in the 93-2 confirmation vote was by Josh Hawley, R-MO.)

The Salt Lake Tribune article on the confirmation of Austin says,
Quote:
Conn Carroll, spokesperson for Lee, said the senator "believes civilian control of the military is best served by the existing rule requiring a seven-year gap between active duty and the position of secretary of defense."

He added, "Other senators may have voted to waive that rule for Gen. Austin, but Sen. Lee believes it should be uniformly applied."