mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous Math

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-21, 17:01   #1
Owl
 
Aug 2014

3 Posts
Default Fast Factoring and Cracking The RSA

Does the following is helpful to fast factorize the RSA cryptosystem and how it could help the gimp as a new Primality test? Thank you.Click image for larger version

Name:	RSA-T.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	11612
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 20:27   #2
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

915610 Posts
Thumbs down

T.M.Sow!

You need to say no more - your fame precedes you.

In misc.math.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 20:57   #3
Owl
 
Aug 2014

3 Posts
Default

Bonjour Monsieur X
It's not about the author but you can find the pdf here. But please note, the paper is not the subject here. Furthermore, the test on the RSA challenger numbers is running, to whom it may concern, please let me know.
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 13:59   #4
storflyt32
 
Feb 2013

449 Posts
Default

Hi, Mr. Owl.

A question for you since you are asking.

http://factordb.com/index.php?id=1100000000736928555

Can you possibly factorize this number for me and let me know the factors?

I guess you will not be able to do this thing.

By, the way, I happen to know the factors here.
storflyt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 14:12   #5
VictordeHolland
 
VictordeHolland's Avatar
 
"Victor de Hollander"
Aug 2011
the Netherlands

2×587 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storflyt32 View Post
http://factordb.com/index.php?id=1100000000736928555
Can you possibly factorize this number for me and let me know the factors?
You are too kind! A 157 digit number can be factored with GNFS easily.
VictordeHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 15:27   #6
storflyt32
 
Feb 2013

449 Posts
Default

Too late to edit my previous post.

You may be right there.

Still there are some similar numbers for which there apparently are no factors for.

But the numbers apparently were available on a web-page related to the subject of RSA-numbers.

So therefore a number like this should not be regarded as a particular secret.

Last fiddled with by storflyt32 on 2014-12-25 at 15:28
storflyt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 11:16   #7
storflyt32
 
Feb 2013

1110000012 Posts
Default

I may post these factors if there are no objections.

Meant the Factor Database for this purpose.

Finding quite a lot of them right now.

Last fiddled with by storflyt32 on 2014-12-26 at 12:16
storflyt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 00:58   #8
storflyt32
 
Feb 2013

1110000012 Posts
Default

Again, it became several hundred prime factors between 100 and 1000 digits lying around.

Also, at least three very close calls when it comes to the official RSA-1024 number.

Still a little to go here, but closing in on it.

Should I report what I have?

My guess is that in the end number research could well benefit from current knowledge.

Edit: Found a PRP941 here. Will report this factor later.

Last fiddled with by storflyt32 on 2015-06-22 at 01:04
storflyt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 13:05   #9
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

26×113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storflyt32 View Post
Again, it became several hundred prime factors between 100 and 1000 digits lying around.

Also, at least three very close calls when it comes to the official RSA-1024 number.

Still a little to go here, but closing in on it.

Should I report what I have?

My guess is that in the end number research could well benefit from current knowledge.

Edit: Found a PRP941 here. Will report this factor later.
Even after making allowances for your not being a native English speaker, it can only be said that
your post above is totally devoid of information.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 13:52   #10
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

100111110011112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
Even after making allowances for your not being a native English speaker, it can only be said that your post above is totally devoid of information.
Fairy Nuff. However, this is in the Misc Math forum, so did you really expect much else?
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-09, 19:52   #11
SarK0Y
 
SarK0Y's Avatar
 
Jan 2010

2·37 Posts
rolleyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post
Bonjour Monsieur X
It's not about the author but you can find the pdf here. But please note, the paper is not the subject here. Furthermore, the test on the RSA challenger numbers is running, to whom it may concern, please let me know.
i always wonder why authors of so intense math papers do not make a little more efforts to write real programs, so anyone can check those approaches in wild.
SarK0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do normal adults give themselves an allowance? (...to fast or not to fast - there is no question!) jasong jasong 35 2016-12-11 00:57
Pope "Deviled Eggs" Benedict, heaven help us for cracking such yolks jasong Soap Box 9 2013-03-17 03:28
How fast is the dog? Andi47 Puzzles 20 2009-04-01 02:35
I wonder how fast this is... ixfd64 Hardware 1 2005-11-21 21:28
Fast way to square??? maheshexp Math 2 2004-05-29 01:54

All times are UTC. The time now is 03:09.

Wed Nov 25 03:09:32 UTC 2020 up 76 days, 20 mins, 4 users, load averages: 1.51, 1.39, 1.33

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.