mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-23, 19:07   #56
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011000012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Unfortunately the linux one doesn't behave that way. It really hangs nasty, and after trying to kill the process, it was easier to just reboot the systems.
Hmm...I'm surprised that glennpat's client fixed itself at all. Well, I'm certainly not complaining.
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 19:13   #57
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

72·11·19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Unfortunately the linux one doesn't behave that way. It really hangs nasty, and after trying to kill the process, it was easier to just reboot the systems.

Sorry about the ignorance there Bruce. Anon knew what you meant.

And yes, I was referring to Windows machines. My 4 slower cores (actually I'm adding my kids laptop so 6 slower cores) are all Windows machines.

I had to do what you did on my 4 Linux quads for the rest of the instances. That is reboot them because they hung real nasty. I'm a newb at Linux and doing 'kill process' from the System Monitor did not do the trick and I knew of no other way to 'kill' them any more than that without rebooting them. lol

Anyway, I now have all cores now running. The last one got restarted at 2:01 PM local time, 1 min. after the rally started. Whee!

Adam, this is quite a load that your server is handling. Nice work on it!

The official starting k/n pair for the rally is right around n=443.5K. We had been averaging about 1000-1100 n-values per day up until yesterday when we jumped to about 1500 n-values. I'm guessing we'll be a little higher than that for the rally so we'll shoot for n=447K-447.5K by the time it's done. That would be great!


Gary
gd_barnes is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 19:19   #58
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
The official starting k/n pair for the rally is right around n=443.5K. We had been averaging about 1000-1100 n-values per day up until yesterday when we jumped to about 1500 n-values. I'm guessing we'll be a little higher than that for the rally so we'll shoot for n=447K-447.5K by the time it's done. That would be great!
How about we set a goal to stretch for: 450K!

A secondary goal would be to hit 30,000 k/n pairs tested (as per Adam's stats by date) on one or more of the rally days.
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 19:26   #59
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

72·11·19 Posts
Default

So no one is surprised: There are 3 already-found primes in the likely rally range as follows:

425*2^444896-1
405*2^445231-1
525*2^446286-1



G
gd_barnes is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 19:51   #60
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
How about we set a goal to stretch for: 450K!

A secondary goal would be to hit 30,000 k/n pairs tested (as per Adam's stats by date) on one or more of the rally days.
Well, I just did some quick calculations regarding our current rate of testing, and it looks like we're on track to hit 450K in 42 hours as of this writing! Thus, since we're about 2 hours into the rally, if we keep up this rate of testing throughout the rally we should be at n=450K two hours before the end of the rally!
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 20:23   #61
em99010pepe
 
em99010pepe's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

2·5·283 Posts
Default

Helix-Von-Smelix also added a few more cores to the rally.

And sm5ymt is also back.

Last fiddled with by em99010pepe on 2008-05-23 at 20:25
em99010pepe is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 20:36   #62
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
Helix-Von-Smelix also added a few more cores to the rally.

And sm5ymt is also back.
Great! Especially in regard to sm5ymt: last rally, he brought ~30 cores, which is almost as much as Brucifer has (and probably about the same or more actual crunching power on LLR, since Brucifer's cores are mostly AMD)! Brucifer and sm5ymt combined can probably crank out about ~12000 k/n pairs per day by my estimate!

All in all, it looks like we're in for a very productive rally.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-05-23 at 20:36 Reason: typo
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 20:53   #63
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

25×5×7 Posts
Default LLRNet Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Great! Especially in regard to sm5ymt: last rally, he brought ~30 cores, which is almost as much as Brucifer has (and probably about the same or more actual crunching power on LLR, since Brucifer's cores are mostly AMD)! Brucifer and sm5ymt combined can probably crank out about ~12000 k/n pairs per day by my estimate!

All in all, it looks like we're in for a very productive rally.


Hello. I have 36 core in now. I wait and see if the server can handle it.

if it works i add 10 more.

/Lennart


:EDIT 52 core on now.

Last fiddled with by Lennart on 2008-05-23 at 21:11
Lennart is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 21:24   #64
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

72×11×19 Posts
Default

Holy smoly! I think we may now have upwards of 150 cores running the rally now!

This is gonna be a blast!!

Thanks Lennart for the huge addition and to others for adding more cores!

As Anon calculated 450K seems more than reasonable now but perhaps now we can shoot for 451K or even higher!

We should do these once per month on the last weekend of each month...kind of a regular thing so everyone knows what to expect in the future.


Gary
gd_barnes is offline  
Old 2008-05-23, 21:30   #65
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

10AB16 Posts
Default

645*2^443719-1 is prime! Already reported to report all primes here thread, and to the Top 5000.
This is my seventh prime. The first to come through LLRnet.
Edit: If/when I find a prime in my manual reservation (435.0-436.0 in Drive 1, ~.75k n remaining), it will be my first prime to not be my largest at the time it was found.

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2008-05-23 at 21:33
Mini-Geek is offline  
Old 2008-05-24, 08:27   #66
em99010pepe
 
em99010pepe's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

2·5·283 Posts
Default

Clients are stuck, I am out of the rally.
em99010pepe is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rally Jan. 23rd-25th gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 89 2009-01-25 22:59
LLRnet server rally 400<k<1001 August 8-10 mdettweiler No Prime Left Behind 66 2008-08-11 03:00
LLRnet server rally 400<k<1001 June 20-22 mdettweiler No Prime Left Behind 67 2008-06-23 15:32
LLRnet server rally port 300 May 3rd-4th gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 45 2008-05-05 19:56
LLRnet server rally March 8th-9th gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 135 2008-03-14 19:52

All times are UTC. The time now is 06:32.

Sat Nov 28 06:32:51 UTC 2020 up 79 days, 3:43, 3 users, load averages: 0.72, 1.12, 1.26

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.