mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-04, 01:35   #23
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

25×5×7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Wow, 20 cores! I say keep it up!

Ok I have now 30 core on the server and have to stay there becuse i cant take the other 13 quad off sieving.

/Lennart
Lennart is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 01:37   #24
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
Ok I have now 30 core on the server and have to stay there becuse i cant take the other 13 quad off sieving.

/Lennart
No problem--30 cores in and of itself is still a HUGE help!
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 01:40   #25
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts
Default

I just noticed that there is a user called "linux" returning results to the LLRnet server. That sounds like it could be part of some sort of internal naming system--does anyone know if this is a mistake or not? (If necessary, AES can merge it with the user's correct name after the rally--he's done that in the past with other people.)

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-05-04 at 01:41
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 03:37   #26
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

46016 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I just noticed that there is a user called "linux" returning results to the LLRnet server. That sounds like it could be part of some sort of internal naming system--does anyone know if this is a mistake or not? (If necessary, AES can merge it with the user's correct name after the rally--he's done that in the past with other people.)
It was me!! Forget to set my call on one It shall be sm5ymt

/lennart
Lennart is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 04:16   #27
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011000012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
It was me!! Forget to set my call on one It shall be sm5ymt

/lennart
Okay, no problem, I'm sure AES can fix it up for you once the rally's over and things have "settled down" a bit.
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 04:53   #28
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts
Default

I just noticed that two users, one named "AMDUsers_Brucifer" and the other named just "Brucifer" showed up in the LLRnet stats--I'm assuming that the latter was an error since it doesn't have the team name in it. I've added both to the AMD Users team for the time being; after the rally Adam can merge the stats for "Brucifer" into "AMDUsers_Brucifer".
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 05:32   #29
Brucifer
 
Brucifer's Avatar
 
Dec 2005

4718 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I just noticed that two users, one named "AMDUsers_Brucifer" and the other named just "Brucifer" showed up in the LLRnet stats--I'm assuming that the latter was an error since it doesn't have the team name in it. I've added both to the AMD Users team for the time being; after the rally Adam can merge the stats for "Brucifer" into "AMDUsers_Brucifer".
yeah, I was experimenting. They should both be under AMDUsers_Brucifer. :)

Having an issue though on 64-bit linux systems. Is the linux llrnet client statically compiled or not? Runs okay on 32-bit linux, except slackware v12.0 which is 32-bit. So it's a library issue, as earlier 32-slack systems run it fine. Any comments?
Brucifer is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 05:52   #30
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

792 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
yeah, I was experimenting. They should both be under AMDUsers_Brucifer. :)

Having an issue though on 64-bit linux systems. Is the linux llrnet client statically compiled or not? Runs okay on 32-bit linux, except slackware v12.0 which is 32-bit. So it's a library issue, as earlier 32-slack systems run it fine. Any comments?
I think it's dynamically linked, though if you want to try compiling it as a statically linked application you can get the source code here. (Instructions for compiling are included. It's actually pretty easy--I've done it a couple times myself--though I imagine it would be a little more complicated if you wanted to have it statically linked.)

Edit: Oh, forgot to ask, what exactly is the problem you're having on Slackware 12.0? Does it just not even start at all? Or does it have problems connecting to the server? If it's the latter then that's a known issue with DNS resolution that shows up on certain Linux distros--a recompile should fix it. (Last I heard, the affected distros were Debian and Redhat based distros--which includes me since I'm on Ubuntu--though I vaguely remember someone mentioning problems on Slackware. If you want I can send you my compiled version, compiled on a Ubuntu system running 7.10 at the time.)

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-05-04 at 05:56
mdettweiler is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 07:02   #31
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

1024110 Posts
Default

I am thrilled at all of the new people joining the rally!

Welcome Lennart and Brucifer to the effort!


Gary
gd_barnes is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 07:05   #32
Brucifer
 
Brucifer's Avatar
 
Dec 2005

313 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Edit: Oh, forgot to ask, what exactly is the problem you're having on Slackware 12.0? Does it just not even start at all? Or does it have problems connecting to the server? If it's the latter then that's a known issue with DNS resolution that shows up on certain Linux distros--a recompile should fix it. (Last I heard, the affected distros were Debian and Redhat based distros--which includes me since I'm on Ubuntu--though I vaguely remember someone mentioning problems on Slackware. If you want I can send you my compiled version, compiled on a Ubuntu system running 7.10 at the time.)
yep, boils down to resolution, it's happening for me on mepis-64, opensuse 10.2, 10.2, 10.3, and slack 12.0. Something with the way they are handling the "localhost" issue within. Slack 10.x and earlier aren't having any issues.

You have an url for your recompiled version where I could suck it down?

Also, is this server setup going to be good after this push is over Sunday?

Last fiddled with by Brucifer on 2008-05-04 at 07:06
Brucifer is offline  
Old 2008-05-04, 07:11   #33
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

72×11×19 Posts
Default

Adam,

We have some serious firepower on this rally! Your server seems to be handling the load very well. Let us know if you encounter any issues.


Gary
gd_barnes is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LLRnet server rally 400<k<1001 August 8-10 mdettweiler No Prime Left Behind 66 2008-08-11 03:00
LLRnet server rally 400<k<1001 June 20-22 mdettweiler No Prime Left Behind 67 2008-06-23 15:32
LLRnet server rally port 300 May 23rd-25th gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 172 2008-06-04 19:21
priority for LLRnet port 8000! IronBits No Prime Left Behind 10 2008-04-17 10:09
LLRnet server rally March 8th-9th gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 135 2008-03-14 19:52

All times are UTC. The time now is 12:01.

Fri Nov 27 12:01:56 UTC 2020 up 78 days, 9:12, 4 users, load averages: 1.15, 1.14, 1.20

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.