mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > MISFIT

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-07, 16:06   #573
kracker
ἀβουλία
 
kracker's Avatar
 
"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

2×13×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
Well if you find that photo soothing then mabye you are strange I KNOW I AM NORMAL.
I didn't say soothing or anything.... umm... it's just a normal avatar?
kracker is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 05:24   #574
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2×401 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Great; I bumped my checkpoint frequency back up to 10 minutes. I was also having the false stall warnings when working the short-duration 332M exponents.
anymore false alarms on the 332m?
swl551 is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 06:24   #575
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

8,539 Posts
Default

Not from me! The last beta works by the book. And believe me, I tried to crash it! At the end I put the stall check to 30 minutes, keep 3 trials (this with trials are good!), and forgot about misfit...

edit: In fact, you know what? I really hate you man... I invested a lot of work in making scripts/batches to carry on a similar job, and now all of them are kind of obsolete, most probably I will never use them again, since I start using Misfit... You made all my efforts futile... I hate you!

that is to say thanks a lot for the effort you put into this tool...

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2013-03-08 at 06:29
LaurV is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 11:36   #576
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

853910 Posts
Default

Coming home after a stressful working day, misfit still working well, no false alarm. I disabled checkpoints in the morning (in mfaktc.ini) because it was no need to do checkpoints when assignments only take 5-10 minutes. So, this is also "proofed": it also works well by checking the results file only.
LaurV is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 13:31   #577
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

15028 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
anymore false alarms on the 332m?
No, all quiet.
Chuck is offline  
Old 2013-03-08, 14:31   #578
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

14428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Not from me! The last beta works by the book. And believe me, I tried to crash it! At the end I put the stall check to 30 minutes, keep 3 trials (this with trials are good!), and forgot about misfit...

edit: In fact, you know what? I really hate you man... I invested a lot of work in making scripts/batches to carry on a similar job, and now all of them are kind of obsolete, most probably I will never use them again, since I start using Misfit... You made all my efforts futile... I hate you!

that is to say thanks a lot for the effort you put into this tool...
Well, maybe this is the first time in my life that being hated actually feels rewarding!
swl551 is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 16:10   #579
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2·401 Posts
Default 2.4.7

I have updated the work calculator to account for the exponent and bit range. Old version was hard coded and was totally inaccurate in the 332m range.

Any other feature or modification requests?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UpdatedCalc.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	9484  
swl551 is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 16:19   #580
kladner
 
kladner's Avatar
 
"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

2×32×547 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
Any other feature or modification requests?
Nothing on my part. MISFIT fulfills its purpose admirably for me.
kladner is offline  
Old 2013-03-09, 21:18   #581
kracker
ἀβουλία
 
kracker's Avatar
 
"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

2×13×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
I have updated the work calculator to account for the exponent and bit range. Old version was hard coded and was totally inaccurate in the 332m range.

Any other feature or modification requests?
Damn, that was what I was about to suggest, calculate on GHz/days instead of bitlevel, as that varies on what range you are working on.
kracker is offline  
Old 2013-03-10, 03:43   #582
swl551
 
swl551's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
New Hampshire

80210 Posts
Default 2.4.7 is released

VERSION 2.4.7
1. Stalled Process Detection now considers the LastWriteTime of both
-the latest checkpoint file
and
-results.txt

When both stall out then the instance is declared stalled. It is recommended you stick with the stalled detection defaults of
Minutes between checks=5;
Number of times files detected stalled=3;

2. The work calculator was enhanced to use EXPONENT, MIN and MAX bit levels. Using all three ensures proper calculations even when working the 100,000,000+ exponent range.

Get from http://mersenneforum.org/misfit/
swl551 is offline  
Old 2013-03-11, 15:40   #583
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

2·3·139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
VERSION 2.4.7
1. Stalled Process Detection now considers the LastWriteTime of both
-the latest checkpoint file
and
-results.txt

When both stall out then the instance is declared stalled. It is recommended you stick with the stalled detection defaults of
Minutes between checks=5;
Number of times files detected stalled=3;

2. The work calculator was enhanced to use EXPONENT, MIN and MAX bit levels. Using all three ensures proper calculations even when working the 100,000,000+ exponent range.

Get from http://mersenneforum.org/misfit/
What was added in 2.4.8?
Chuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
questions about misfit jschwar313 MISFIT 1 2016-02-02 00:32
Help with Misfit TheMawn MISFIT 18 2015-06-21 22:00
Misfit feature request. Aramis Wyler MISFIT 15 2015-03-04 21:13
MISFIT 2.9 swl551 MISFIT 44 2014-12-15 12:46
MISFIT for MFAKTx swl551 MISFIT 186 2014-02-05 23:27

All times are UTC. The time now is 05:43.

Mon Jun 1 05:43:05 UTC 2020 up 68 days, 3:16, 1 user, load averages: 1.28, 1.32, 1.32

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.