mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Cunningham Tables

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2023-01-16, 23:52   #89
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

563410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmky View Post
2,2194L and M are using lims of 300M (pushing the memory limit to the edge of 1GB/core but also crossing 2^28 for a small runtime hit).[...]
I think the best way to fit a larger lim into the required memory footprint is to stick to 250 or 260 on the 3LP side, and boost the lim on the 2LP side as high as memory-limits allow.

I'd go 260/340 or 250/350 and expect both yield and speed to be better than 300/300. However, I think you're reaching a job size where 3LP on both sides may be nearly as fast as the typical 2/3 settings, at least given that lims used are so small.

If you'd like to post the poly for your next job, I'm happy to test a variety of mfb choices for your 35/36 LP setting; perhaps I can find a '3LP on both sides' setting that is faster than what you're otherwise planning to use.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 04:23   #90
frmky
 
frmky's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
So Cal

50468 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
I'm happy to test a variety of mfb choices for your 35/36 LP setting; perhaps I can find a '3LP on both sides' setting that is faster than what you're otherwise planning to use.
2,2206L would use
Code:
n: 385391677907023068816875399702625816359161842943133261369673832051936437247070622270782933158404692445296119872430400383813398898811140980240524745812750729966969876527198830673858429779606449065686186811518577347751947370710959080728712731829
skew: 1.54407
type: snfs
c6: 1
c5: 0
c4: 0
c3: -2
c2: 0
c1: 0
c0: 2
Y1: 1
Y0: -24519928653854221733733552434404946937899825954937634816
rlim: 300000000
alim: 300000000
lpbr: 36
lpba: 35
mfbr: 105
mfba: 71
rlambda: 3.9
alambda: 2.8
I'm planning to add a couple easy ones before queueing this one so there's some time to play with it.
frmky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-20, 07:49   #91
pinhodecarlos
 
pinhodecarlos's Avatar
 
"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

23×223 Posts
Default

Easy ones... you wouldn't say that a few years ago...lol

I suppose you are talking about 2,1497+ SNFS 300 and 2,1497- SNFS 300. Glad you are doing these ones, at least I get bored of running the more difficult ones, just because I have a very slow computer and I do like to see that status page update more often. Anyway, with the overall CPU momentum available at the moment it is wise to do these quicker ones.
pinhodecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-20, 18:56   #92
frmky
 
frmky's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
So Cal

50468 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
Easy ones... you wouldn't say that a few years ago...lol

... at least I get bored of running the more difficult ones
Good point. The labels "easy" and "difficult" are relative to the computing power available.
frmky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-30, 23:02   #93
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

130028 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmky View Post
2,2206L would use
Code:
n: 385391677907023068816875399702625816359161842943133261369673832051936437247070622270782933158404692445296119872430400383813398898811140980240524745812750729966969876527198830673858429779606449065686186811518577347751947370710959080728712731829
skew: 1.54407
type: snfs
c6: 1
c5: 0
c4: 0
c3: -2
c2: 0
c1: 0
c0: 2
Y1: 1
Y0: -24519928653854221733733552434404946937899825954937634816
rlim: 300000000
alim: 300000000
lpbr: 36
lpba: 35
mfbr: 105
mfba: 71
rlambda: 3.9
alambda: 2.8
I'm planning to add a couple easy ones before queueing this one so there's some time to play with it.
I've tested a bunch of alternative params, all at Q=500M so far.
3LP on both sides is good for 40% better yield, but at the expense of 60% longer sec/rel. Since you're not running out of Q to sieve, this seems unhelpful- but I'll test sec/rel at the projected "last" Q, as it's possible that 3LP on both sides for small Q (like 200-400M) may be a net benefit still.

Here are the fastest params I've found so far:
Code:
rlim: 250000000
alim: 350000000
lpbr: 36
lpba: 35
mfbr: 105
mfba: 70
rlambda: 3.85
alambda: 2.55
These yield about 2% better than the ones quoted above, but at a speed nearly 20% faster: 0.532 sec/rel vs 0.645 sec/rel.
I've tested only at Q=500M so far, so next time I have some free time I'll test a more full range of Q to make sure the new params are faster everywhere. I'll also test a couple other small variations on these params with 2LP on A side.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 03:59   #94
frmky
 
frmky's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
So Cal

2·3·433 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
These yield about 2% better than the ones quoted above, but at a speed nearly 20% faster: 0.532 sec/rel vs 0.645 sec/rel.
I've tested only at Q=500M so far, so next time I have some free time I'll test a more full range of Q to make sure the new params are faster everywhere. I'll also test a couple other small variations on these params with 2LP on A side.
Thanks! Amazingly, we're about done with the three smaller ones already and it's time to queue this one. It's a relatively small change in parameters, so I'm happy to just go with it and see what happens.
frmky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 06:43   #95
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

2×32×313 Posts
Default

I'm giving exams this week, so I can't try other tweaks to get more speed. I hope this works (better)!
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recommended bases and efforts gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 189 2022-12-27 23:33
Doublecheck efforts; S66/S79 to start with gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 16 2014-08-07 02:11
Cunningham ECM Now Futile? R.D. Silverman GMP-ECM 4 2012-04-25 02:45
ECM efforts mistake? 10metreh mersennewiki 1 2008-12-28 13:31
ECM Efforts R.D. Silverman Factoring 63 2005-06-24 13:41

All times are UTC. The time now is 02:49.


Thu Feb 2 02:49:21 UTC 2023 up 168 days, 17 mins, 1 user, load averages: 1.24, 1.69, 1.60

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔