Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3×2,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubslow View Post
Next on the list: Fancifying the stats page as per LaurV's request.
Done, though it looks a bit raggedy. Formatting JS tables relative to the rest of the page is quite a bit harder than with a regular table.
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 06:44   #46
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

3·2,957 Posts

1. Search box of the second table makes no sense. The tables are beautiful and sortable by every column, you can reach everything you want with just two clicks and a drag, WITHOUT using the search/filter box. What do you want to filter, anyhow? I know, it is an additional feature, and I am not the guy to advocate eliminating features, but I am against that search box because is changing the vertical alignment of the tables (same the "Total sequences extended in the last week" string on the forth table). I would advice for eliminating the search box (and put that string somewhere else, at the end of the text, before the tables, eventually write the number in bold to be eye-attracting). Or better, put few rows of empty text at the beginning of the other tables, so the tables be top-vertically aligned. Like it is now the alignment looks like sh*t, specially when you scroll down the second table and it jumps up and down because the numbers grow big and do not fit on a single row.

2. on the main page, you put the spaces at the end of the table, inside of it, ha ha ha, they were supposed to be put outside, AFTER the table. Scroll down the big table to see what I mean.

3. (optional) you may add 2^5*3^2*7 [that's the full 2^5*(2^6-1)] to the driver list, it seems quite stable on my list, more stable then the other in your list already, hehe...

LaurV grumpy.

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2012-07-31 at 06:47
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 07:12   #47
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3×2,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
1. Search box of the second table makes no sense. The tables are beautiful and sortable by every column, you can reach everything you want with just two clicks and a drag, WITHOUT using the search/filter box. What do you want to filter, anyhow? I know, it is an additional feature, and I am not the guy to advocate eliminating features, but I am against that search box because is changing the vertical alignment of the tables (same the "Total sequences extended in the last week" string on the forth table). I would advice for eliminating the search box (and put that string somewhere else, at the end of the text, before the tables, eventually write the number in bold to be eye-attracting). Or better, put few rows of empty text at the beginning of the other tables, so the tables be top-vertically aligned. Like it is now the alignment looks like sh*t, specially when you scroll down the second table and it jumps up and down because the numbers grow big and do not fit on a single row.
Done.
Quote:
2. on the main page, you put the spaces at the end of the table, inside of it, ha ha ha, they were supposed to be put outside, AFTER the table. Scroll down the big table to see what I mean.
I couldn't see anything wrong, even when I scrolled all the way down. I did move the relevant CSS from inside the <div> wrapping the table to the <body>, and it looks the same to me, but hopefully it's better for you.
Quote:
3. (optional) you may add 2^5*3^2*7 [that's the full 2^5*(2^6-1)] to the driver list, it seems quite stable on my list, more stable then the other in your list already, hehe...
I said somewhere else in the thread that I only show guides with class 3 or lower; I realize that not all the guides meet that criteria, but they're leftover from before I added that rule.
(Edit: The above isn't actually relevant to the quote, but it's still slightly interesting.)

I also made a decision to not show any powers on v (powers=False, see second code box) for simplicity of analysis.
Code:
dr = get_guide(string, powers=False)
if get_class(guide=dr) > 3: 
    drs = '2^{}'.format(dr[2])
In either case, the ^2 actually makes it less stable, according to Clifford's analysis. In general, to lose a driver (i.e. increase the class), the best thing is to raise the factors in v=sigma(2^a) to an even power. (I have no rigorous proof, but lots (lots) of experimenting with my module/his analysis.)
Code:
>>> import aliquot as a
>>> a.get_class('2^5*3^2*7')
>>> a.get_class('2^5*3*7')
>>> a.get_class('2^5*3^2*7', powers=False)
Though guides don't show powers, the class column in the main table is calculated with the powers. (So it would show 2 if the 3 is raised to an even power.)
Edit: Keep in mind that even a class 3 guide is fairly unstable. (Such includes 2^7 * 3 * 5 * 17.)
Quote:
LaurV grumpy.
Hopefully no longer.

Last fiddled with by Dubslow on 2012-07-31 at 07:20
Old 2012-07-31, 08:02   #48
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

3·2,957 Posts

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7-31-2012 14-53-34.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	8342  
Old 2012-07-31, 08:12   #49
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3·2,399 Posts

Quote:
And that's what you get right now? After I've moved the margin to the <body>...?

I don't really know. Are there any HTML/CSS experts out there? (Firefox, right?)

Edit: Actually, the scroll box appears to be the right margin off the bottom of the page (it's supposed to be 24px). It's almost as if you scrolled off the bottom of the table. (If you count the rows, about the right number are missing at the top as would fit at the bottom.) I'm not sure if that's a glitch with the DataTables JS or something else though.

Edit2: Would red links be better than orange links for the main table?

Last fiddled with by Dubslow on 2012-07-31 at 08:19
Old 2012-07-31, 08:54   #50
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

22×1,433 Posts

Works for me in firefox. It would be nice if the table wasn't right at the bottom of the screen though. In general people don't look at the bottom inch of the screen. They just scroll so the bit then want isn't there. Can't do that here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	8343  
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 09:03   #51
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3×2,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
It would be nice if the table wasn't right at the bottom of the screen though.
Do you mean make the table itself shorter, or move it up from the bottom of the screen?
Old 2012-07-31, 10:25   #52
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

3×2,957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
It would be nice if the table wasn't right at the bottom of the screen though. In general people don't look at the bottom inch of the screen. They just scroll so the bit then want isn't there. Can't do that here.
Exactly that is what I am talking about. Move the table a little up. If you don't like the empty space at the end, then write a (c) message, put a counter, put a button, etc, see this very page of the forum, scroll down and see xyzzy's button.

Related to the statistics page, the aligned tables look MUCH better now. Well done. Same about the space at the end.

And yes, I see the bars longer then the tables if I move the slider to the lowest position, for ALL TABLES, by DIFFERENT amount. It is not proportional to the amount of rows, but to the character size (truncation/rounding of the spaces in between the rows, character fonts, etc), if you change the character size (ctrl+scrollwheel) during the sliders are max-down, you see the effect - all tables are jumping - no matter your OS or firefox version (here tried on XP and vista, with firefox 14.0.1)
Old 2012-07-31, 14:51   #53
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

31×109 Posts

I can also see LaurV's (mis)formatting if I change the text size (CTRL+/- in Firefox). It appears that the size formatting for the headers and scrolls is not proportional to the text within the table.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 16:16   #54
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3×2,399 Posts

Quote:
Exactly that is what I am talking about. Move the table a little up. If you don't like the empty space at the end, then write a (c) message, put a counter, put a button, etc, see this very page of the forum, scroll down and see xyzzy's button.
I think I'll interpret that to mean add more space below the table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
I can also see LaurV's (mis)formatting if I change the text size (CTRL+/- in Firefox). It appears that the size formatting for the headers and scrolls is not proportional to the text within the table.
Nice catch! Now I can reproduce it as well. Whenever I use a non default zoom and scroll to the bottom, it happens. I'm not quite sure what to do about it right off the top of my head, I suspect it's something about the JS. I remember reading on the DataTables site about "what happens when the window resizes?"

In the meantime, in a stroke of inspiration, the columns should resize properly while zooming, though the scrolling off the bottom still happens. (Edit: You need to scroll once for the columns to actually change widths.)

Last fiddled with by Dubslow on 2012-07-31 at 16:18
Old 2012-08-01, 06:10   #55
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3×2,399 Posts

Ah mayd mowr intruhstins

Edit: Up to what size does the FDB automatically factor a composite?

Last fiddled with by Dubslow on 2012-08-01 at 06:48