Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > science_man_88

Closed Thread

Old 2017-06-02, 19:47   #45
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

8,369 Posts

I guess it could be worse I could be a dyscalculic unable to do any math at all. it's mostly my work situation that I hate I guess it's employment but it's under people and around people that don't seem to have a clue ( some of that is the fact that these people are also on employment support welfare have other disabilities etc. for the most part. It just sucks when I go slow I get complained about by coworkers to my face but apparently they don't care for it the other way, plus the management being more in an active management state ( versus the relatively passive unless they think we should be doing something a certain way type they have now) probably would help us all more and increase productivity).
Old 2017-06-02, 20:55   #46
only_human

"Gang aft agley"
Sep 2002

358110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
I guess it could be worse I could be a dyscalculic unable to do any math at all.
That's a:
1) It could be worse
2) I'm not a <something negative>

Ok then. That's a valid request/response handshake.

I will also venture that you had nothing to do with Canada's giant inflatable duck for its 150th birthday yesterday.

You can generate at least one positive thing tomorrow. Look in the mirror and say "Hey, I've got a great smile." Or refrain from saying or thinking a negative thing needlessly. Treat it like a skill that can be improved.
Old 2017-06-02, 21:10   #47
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

8,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_human View Post
That's a:
1) It could be worse
2) I'm not a <something negative>

Ok then. That's a valid request/response handshake.

I will also venture that you had nothing to do with Canada's giant inflatable duck for its 150th birthday yesterday.

You can generate at least one positive thing tomorrow. Look in the mirror and say "Hey, I've got a great smile." Or refrain from saying or thinking a negative thing needlessly. Treat it like a skill that can be improved.
I can figure out random PARI/GP stuff partly because it has a lot of overlap core(N)==N issquarefree(N) and bigomega(N)==omega(N) all ask the same question in a conditional statement. issquare(N) is the same as core(N)==1 you can make loops with these to find the powers of two in order, the highly composite numbers using numdiv(N) etc. wonder if the powers in a number giving an HCN of divisors are rare a1call ? they shouldn't be as the HCN's have many exponent combinations that work to multiply to them under the number of divisors function.
Old 2017-06-02, 21:21   #48
only_human

"Gang aft agley"
Sep 2002

DFD16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by science_man_88 View Post
I can figure out random PARI/GP stuff partly because it has a lot of overlap core(N)==N issquarefree(N) and bigomega(N)==omega(N) all ask the same question in a conditional statement. issquare(N) is the same as core(N)==1 you can make loops with these to find the powers of two in order, the highly composite numbers using numdiv(N) etc. wonder if the powers in a number giving an HCN of divisors are rare a1call ? they shouldn't be as the HCN's have many exponent combinations that work to multiply to them under the number of divisors function.
So my positive affirmation from that:

I can take advantage of certain number tests in different problems that I've noticed; I leverage this understand into solutions and inquiries in PARI/GP.
Old 2017-06-02, 21:31   #49
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

836910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_human View Post
So my positive affirmation from that:

I can take advantage of certain number tests in different problems that I've noticed; I leverage this understand into solutions and inquiries in PARI/GP.
Yes, because they are all equivalent in some way so if one is faster than the other it may be best to take advantage of that core(N)==N is asking is N the unique squarefree number dividing N ? issquarefree(N) is asking does a square divide into N ? and bigomega(N)==omega(N) are the number of primes dividing N counted with multiplicity equal to the number of distinct primes dividing N ( if so the powers on all the primes must be 1) ? norm(N) can be used in place of sqr(N) because of the way complex norms are defined they become equivalent in R.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2017-06-02 at 21:32
Old 2017-06-02, 21:41   #50
only_human

"Gang aft agley"
Sep 2002

67758 Posts

I further venture that thinking about these things brings you comfort or satisfaction.

A personal comfort zone for me is foreign language study. I concentrate hard enough on foreign languages to block out thoughts of other things that I am having difficulty coping with. It's not particularly an assertive way to deal with life issues but is an available retreat for me when I feel like I need one.
Old 2017-06-03, 06:20   #51
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

22×3×72×17 Posts

Hear Here! Second the motion!

I have to work at low self-image a lot. A recent approach has been to try to dismiss especially repetitive negative thoughts as background noise, old recordings, if you will.
Old 2017-06-03, 15:36   #52
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

270C16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
Hear Here! Second the motion!

I have to work at low self-image a lot. A recent approach has been to try to dismiss especially repetitive negative thoughts as background noise, old recordings, if you will.
I should have included enough of a quotation to indicate that I was responding to Ross's very thoughtful response.
Old 2017-06-03, 15:43   #53
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

22×41×47 Posts

FWIW, we look forward to reading your posts.

We don't always understand them, but that gives us something to think about on our long motorcycle rides.

If you decide to relocate to the USA, we would be willing to provide housing and meals until you get squared away. (User "jvang" is going away to school this fall so his bedroom is available.)

Old 2017-06-03, 17:52   #54
a1call

"Rashid Naimi"
Oct 2015
Remote to Here/There

3·643 Posts

https://news.ontario.ca/mcss/en/2017...ome-pilot.html
Old 2017-06-03, 17:57   #55
science_man_88

"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

8,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1call View Post
I'm further east than Ontario even if that's Ontario,Canada also in theory we have a low income bus pass here but seems to much hassle to go through you can't be getting a transit subsidy to even try to get it.
Closed Thread