mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Prime Sierpinski Project

Old 2006-11-14, 15:20   #1
hhh

Jun 2005

37310 Posts

Dear friends,
if you are running a farm ore one of these multi-processor-engines, please consider reserving one of our special offers. You will find less factors than with a lower range, but it will help us a lot with the bookkeeping with these holes, and you will be assured of our gratitude, forever.
Though, if you are not sure that you cann actually finish them, please restrain from reserving. Thank you, Yours H.
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 20:04   #2
hhh

Jun 2005

37310 Posts

Thank you very much, Blitering Sheep and Bruce.
Indeed, the time horizon for the bigger chunks and you reliable folks should be a handful months. I am sure you will be much faster. If you want, you can drop in a note every few weeks on the progress, or a expected ending date at the beginning.
I opened up a crazy 17300G range, too, as the demand seems to be there; take it only if you :really: can; It will be no problem to cut it down to more swallowable pieces.
Again thanks a lot, yours H.
Old 2006-11-17, 22:19   #3
VJS

Dec 2004

29910 Posts

249000-250000 complete by VJS (comb)

hhh,

BTW: Don't forget to include Phased Array, he has been throwing some serious horse power into the mix lately.
VJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 10:17   #4
hhh

Jun 2005

373 Posts

The thanks were for accepting the less factor yielding higher ranges; and so I can thank Phased Array as well, in anticipation, as he promised to take some, too.
Though, I would not wish to say a special "thank you" to the big producers, as everybody, even with a 100G range, is important and helps the project much.
It is there all the secret about distributed computing.
Yours H.
Old 2006-11-19, 16:55   #5
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhh View Post
The thanks were for accepting the less factor yielding higher ranges; and so I can thank Phased Array as well, in anticipation, as he promised to take some, too.
Though, I would not wish to say a special "thank you" to the big producers, as everybody, even with a 100G range, is important and helps the project much.
It is there all the secret about distributed computing.
Yours H.
Absolutely correct about needing everyone and their output on this effort!! And again absolutely correct about not doing a *special* thank you for the power crunchers over anyone else. If there is a *special* thanks involved it goes to the people that keep this project running for all of us DC'ers to have a playground to play on. :) I know I sure appreciate all the effort that goes on behind the scenes to keep this project running!!

I am glad to see that PhasedArray chose to help us and SOB out instead of putting the systems at his disposal on some other project! <big cheesy grin here> :) But most of all I think it is really something the way everyone has pulled together here this past year. Last year at this time things were running rather quietly to put it politely. So this combined sieving effort has really brought some significant help to two projects and put a real breath of fresh air into sieving.

edit: and as for finding less factors in the power range reservations, there's nothing special there either cause we are all going into that "area of paucity" the higher the sieving ranges go! :)

Last fiddled with by Brucifer on 2006-11-19 at 16:58
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 19:09   #6
VJS

Dec 2004

4538 Posts

Yes everyone thanks for helping. My comment was directed towards phased array as a power cruncher and reserving the larger ranges ahead of the pack.

Personally I think we should try to limit our reservations to less than 400T for now. Then work our way up in T. Factor density drops off pretty heavy by 600T compared to where the pack is now.

Last fiddled with by VJS on 2006-11-19 at 19:09
VJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 21:14   #7
hhh

Jun 2005

1011101012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJS View Post
Personally I think we should try to limit our reservations to less than 400T for now. Then work our way up in T. Factor density drops off pretty heavy by 600T compared to where the pack is now.
They are the two guys' first reservations, and I guess the hints were misleading. I hopefully changed them, perhaps a bit rude, to be less ambiguous. H.
Old 2006-11-19, 21:44   #8
Phased_Array

Aug 2006

78 Posts

The particapants that run the clients day after day are where the thanks should be directed. They are the backbone of the project along with the project administrators.

I do not need nor want any thanks or praise. I'm helping out for a time due to VJS's call for help on our forums. If the work I do while I'm here helps move the project forward and helps Ars gain ground in the stats then it is worth the time and effort as for as I'm concerned.
Phased_Array is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 03:17   #9
BlisteringSheep

Oct 2006
On a Suzuki Boulevard C90

2×3×41 Posts

I want to thank everyone who has put up with me! You've certainly gotten more headaches than you deserve.
BlisteringSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 10:52   #10
Greenbank

Jul 2005

2×193 Posts

Sheep, I know I haven't come back to you yet with the G5 stuff but I've either been busy with work or off ill.

Should have a chance to bundle something up for you today.

The last bit of my 8.5T range should finish tomorrow so I'll be grabbing another big lump today.
Greenbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 05:06   #11
BlisteringSheep

Oct 2006
On a Suzuki Boulevard C90

2·3·41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbank View Post
Sheep, I know I haven't come back to you yet with the G5 stuff but I've either been busy with work or off ill.

Should have a chance to bundle something up for you today.
No worries - I'll take whatever you've got whenever it's ready.

BlisteringSheep is offline   Reply With Quote