Old 2015-02-01, 13:25   #870
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

1011110011012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha View Post
Ah, I now see. It was late last night when I posted it. Some data is missing in the mersenne.ca database, but not in the mersenne.org database. We should still find a way to synchronize these databases better now that mersenne.org has been upgraded, or copy more of the .ca functionality to the .org server.
There is certainly some missing data on past TF reported effort for some exponents on mersenne.ca, however the current status of the exponents should be accurate, and the missing data will eventually be filled in. Assignments recently completed (~last 6 months) should be pretty completely mirrored. Data on mersenne.org is authoritative and should contain no missing ranges.
James Heinrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 21:08   #871
blip

Jan 2014

2·73 Posts

On "Show Details" I get

Code:
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\www\account\default.php on line 190  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 21:15   #872
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

1011110011012 Posts

For now I have suppressed the error output. But all the underlying data shows blank, I'm not sure why. Perhaps George or Aaron can poke around and see why there's no data showing on the Account Details page.

Last fiddled with by James Heinrich on 2015-02-12 at 21:15
Old 2015-02-12, 23:20   #873
Gordon

Nov 2008

22×53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
For now I have suppressed the error output. But all the underlying data shows blank, I'm not sure why. Perhaps George or Aaron can poke around and see why there's no data showing on the Account Details page.
As it *seems* that all the underlying data has gone for walkabout somewhere, should we stop submitting any more data - or block the system off from receiving any?
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 00:06   #874
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

3·7·443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
As it *seems* that all the underlying data has gone for walkabout somewhere, should we stop submitting any more data - or block the system off from receiving any?
OK... I don't know what (if anything) is going on here. But I can report that none of my spiders are reporting non-nominal results.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 23:11   #875
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar

Jul 2014

2·1,637 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't see these posts earlier.

I don't know if this is still an issue? My account details page seems okay, but I guess I'm not sure what the issue was, exactly?

If anything, it sounds like maybe there was some kind of issue with the login itself, like a cookie expiration thing, or just some generic issue where it didn't think you were logged in and was still trying to load the page. I'm not sure about that though.
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 23:12   #876
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar

Jul 2014

2×1,637 Posts
Default Server maintenance shortly

I'm installing MS hotfixes on the server and will be rebooting it very soon (within a few minutes).

The server will be unavailable for, I expect, 20 minutes.

Since I have the day off today, it seemed like an opportune time to spend a little of that time on getting the Primenet server updated.

EDIT: Back online now, all done

Last fiddled with by Madpoo on 2015-02-16 at 23:40
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 01:43   #877
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

302110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
I don't know if this is still an issue?
It's working as expected now. Presumably transient error that fixed itself.
Old 2015-02-17, 03:13   #878
pdazzl

Apr 2014

7·17 Posts

Quote:
There is certainly some missing data on past TF reported effort for some exponents on mersenne.ca, however the current status of the exponents should be accurate, and the missing data will eventually be filled in. Assignments recently completed (~last 6 months) should be pretty completely mirrored. Data on mersenne.org is authoritative and should contain no missing ranges.
Hi James, I'm not sure how the factors get mirrored between the sites but some appear to not be making it over, case in point:
http://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/107022977
http://www.mersenne.org/report_expon...7022977&full=1

I wonder if this is because new factors on already factored numbers no longer show up in the "cleared" section but the "results" section assuming there's some spider work involved (though again I don't know how it's setup to be mirrored)

I was also wondering if factors on mersenne.ca ever make it back over to mersenne.org. I ended dumping quite a few of non first time factors in the 10M-1000M range only on mersenne.ca due to mersenne.org not being able to ingest everything.

Last fiddled with by pdazzl on 2015-02-17 at 03:13
pdazzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 13:14   #879
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

BCD16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdazzl View Post
Hi James, I'm not sure how the factors get mirrored between the sites but some appear to not be making it over, case in point:
http://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/107022977
http://www.mersenne.org/report_expon...7022977&full=1
Both sites know of 5 factors, four from 2007 and one from today. Did you manually submit the last factor to mersenne.ca? The last factor was submitted by TJAOI on mersenne.org on 03-Jan-2015 but credited to you on mersenne.ca on 16-Feb-2015.

Quote:
I wonder if this is because new factors on already factored numbers no longer show up in the "cleared" section but the "results" section
mersenne.ca examines the recent results and recent cleared reports every hour. Those reports are now limited to 3000 entries as opposed to the 1000 entries they historically had, and usually span well more than 1 hour, but it's possible that a particularly vigorous dump of results from high-output users like TJAOI could overflow that. It's also possible if either server is feeling unwell that a report gets occasionally missed.

What I'm really waiting for is the report that Aaron has been thinking of working on where all submitted results on any given calendar day are available to me. Once that's available then any missed results should hopefully be a thing of the past.

Quote:
I was also wondering if factors on mersenne.ca ever make it back over to mersenne.org. I ended dumping quite a few of non first time factors in the 10M-1000M range only on mersenne.ca due to mersenne.org not being able to ingest everything.
No. There is no mechanism to transfer data from mersenne.ca to mersenne.org
mersenne.org is the official store of all data (at least up to 1000M, from 1000M-4294M mersenne.ca is the official store since PrimeNet doesn't handle that range).

mersenne.org now (for the last many months) has an improved results parser, you should re-submit them to mersenne.org if you only submitted them to mersenne.ca
Old 2015-03-30, 17:42   #880
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

930310 Posts
Default Huh???

Mostly to George, James and Madpoo...

Over the night the user "LUKASZ" manually reserved 31,543 P-1 assignments! WTF???

Not sure if this was intentionally malicious, or simply a mistake. But perhaps Primenet should have a safety feature to prevent a single user from reserving far more work than they can reasonably do.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote