Old 2014-03-22, 01:00   #100
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

97×103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
Two factors I found with mfaktc were reported as "F-PM1". Shouldn't that be "F"?

If factor line are reported before at least one NF line, PrimeNet misinterprets the information as P-1. If you are manually submitting, put an NF line first, even if it has already been submitted. You will get an Error 40, Not Needed, but the F lines will be correctly identified.

EDIT: One advantage of MISFIT is that it will not allow a Factor line to be submitted first.

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2014-03-22 at 01:01
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 01:38   #101
snme2pm1

"Graham uses ISO 8601"
Mar 2014
AU, Sydney

241 Posts
Default Primenet work value

Quote:
Two factors I found with mfaktc were reported as "F-PM1". Shouldn't that be "F"?

Until this month it was my practice when using mfakto and mfaktc to complete an entire range rather than quit upon a found factor.
Since credit arrangements have evidently been altered, and due to comments by others in this place that PrimeNet does not bother to record whether bit ranges have been completed, then it now seems more than ever before futile to continue such labour beyond the first found factor.
Returning to your subject, in particular two factors found, which is itself rare, I pose the question as to whether you are entertaining more work by your equipment than is deemed useful by primenet?
snme2pm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 12:11   #102
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

97×103 Posts

I have the occasional 2-factor day, but I run two high-end 5xx cards. Of course, there are plenty of No-Factor days to balance things out.
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 15:08   #103
blip

Jan 2014

2×73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snme2pm1 View Post
Returning to your subject, in particular two factors found, which is itself rare, I pose the question as to whether you are entertaining more work by your equipment than is deemed useful by primenet?
Now it is three factors. What do you mean by "entertaining more work"? I get my factoring assignments either directly from primenet or via gpu72.

Since I submit my resuts with help of gpu72 submit_spider, I consider then the fact that factors found with mfakt[c/o] are counted as F-PM1 to be a bug of this particular script. What do you think?

Misfit is not an option, as I am running these machines on Linux.
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 19:11   #104
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

3×7×443 Posts

Quote:
Since I submit my resuts with help of gpu72 submit_spider, I consider then the fact that factors found with mfakt[c/o] are counted as F-PM1 to be a bug of this particular script. What do you think?
This is a Primenet bug, which has been very well defined and documented by several people for several years now.

It is actually a simple fix for the people behind Primenet.

And yet, for some reason, it receives no attention, even though the mfakt[c/o] authors went out of their way to provide all the knowledge needed for the Primenet people to correctly interpret the results.

Hmmmm....

Last fiddled with by chalsall on 2014-03-22 at 19:23 Reason: s/You are correct. //;
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 19:36   #105
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

2·11·199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
This is a Primenet bug, which has been very well defined and documented by several people for several years now.

It is actually a simple fix for the people behind Primenet.

And yet, for some reason, it receives no attention, even though the mfakt[c/o] authors went out of their way to provide all the knowledge needed for the Primenet people to correctly interpret the results.

Hmmmm....
Maybe not just mkfaktx. I've done standard CPU TF in the past and on a couple occasions got P-1 credit. Though, I believe 1 was from a V4 client and 1 was from a Manual Results which may not have had enough info.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 19:53   #106
swl551

Aug 2012
New Hampshire

2×401 Posts

http://mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=18643&page=2

james said he'd fix results processing back in October 2013.
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 22:26   #107
snme2pm1

"Graham uses ISO 8601"
Mar 2014
AU, Sydney

241 Posts

Quote:
What do you mean by "entertaining more work"?
I was alluding to the StopAfterWork option.
Apparently in mfaktc.ini, StopAfterWork=1 default, which will complete the bitlevel, potentially finding more factors.
From my version in mfakto.ini, StopAfterWork=2 default, which will not complete the bitlevel range after a first find.
snme2pm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 22:34   #108
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

57148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
james said he'd fix results processing back in October 2013.
It's true, I'm failing.

I did [Nov 2013] rewrite the results-parsing code (basically lifted directly from mersenne.ca) but I had great trouble with troubleshooting the process of inserting results into the database. I speak MySQL, Primenet speaks MS-SQL, and we don't get on. The process looks something like this:

I guess this is my poke to have a 4th look at it and see if I can get somewhere closer than I was before. I used to be optimistic, that has gone, but I'll try taking another look.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 22:37   #109
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

302010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snme2pm1 View Post
I think you interpreted "I found two factors" as "I found two factors on the same exponent", but I don't believe that's what blip meant.

edit: 2 factors isn't "common", but not all that rare -- in fact I don't bother to track fewer than 4 factors per exponent because there's far too many of them:
http://www.mersenne.ca/manyfactors.php

Last fiddled with by James Heinrich on 2014-03-22 at 22:39
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 23:13   #110
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

3×7×443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post