mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-06-06, 14:21   #353
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

134368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrix View Post
The windows version only has openGL. I do not see an openCL.lib. I tried this yesterday.

I also tried using the headers from the Khronos group (2nd link) and using opencl.dll driver provided by AMD with no luck.
You are correct. Although that is the same version that I installed and build against (supposedly), that installer does not install OpenCL.lib.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-07, 03:58   #354
Citrix
 
Citrix's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

112·13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
You are correct. Although that is the same version that I installed and build against (supposedly), that installer does not install OpenCL.lib.
The AMD SDK does have opencl in program files folder even though it does not say so. It still did not work.

There is an issue with the compiler
https://community.amd.com/thread/138890

The proposed above solution did not work for me.

What compiler are you using?
Citrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-07, 12:57   #355
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

591810 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrix View Post
The AMD SDK does have opencl in program files folder even though it does not say so. It still did not work.

There is an issue with the compiler
https://community.amd.com/thread/138890

The proposed above solution did not work for me.

What compiler are you using?
I am using mingw64 version 8.1. I will have to take a look.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-10, 20:10   #356
Dylan14
 
Dylan14's Avatar
 
"Dylan"
Mar 2017

2·257 Posts
Default

Suggestion for twinsieve: be able to specify a minimum and maximum n value to sieve. This would be useful for the search for the first twin in a given n range (see this thread).
Dylan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 13:06   #357
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

23·107 Posts
Default

srsieve2 stopped with


p=973083703, 182.1 p/sec, 3621751 factors found at 1.24 sec per factor, 97.3% done. ETC 2020-06-12 09:44
2 workers didn't stop after 10 minutes

I hope this is not an issue and correct?


was running with -W16 command
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 15:21   #358
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×11×269 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
srsieve2 stopped with

p=973083703, 182.1 p/sec, 3621751 factors found at 1.24 sec per factor, 97.3% done. ETC 2020-06-12 09:44
2 workers didn't stop after 10 minutes

I hope this is not an issue and correct?

was running with -W16 command
Which version (build date) and which OS?

What command line options did you use?
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 15:54   #359
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

23·107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Which version (build date) and which OS?

What command line options did you use?

srsieve2 from 16.01.2020 on win10 pro
commandline -->srsieve2 -n2501 -N10000 -P1e9 -W16 -spl_remain.txt -fB
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 16:19   #360
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2·11·269 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
srsieve2 from 16.01.2020 on win10 pro
commandline -->srsieve2 -n2501 -N10000 -P1e9 -W16 -spl_remain.txt -fB
That is very likely fixed with the next build.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 16:42   #361
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

23×107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
That is very likely fixed with the next build.

Is it already fixed in the latest build or I need to wait? Can I use the result, it stopped at 674506999 ?
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 17:00   #362
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

2×11×269 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
Is it already fixed in the latest build or I need to wait? Can I use the result, it stopped at 674506999 ?
Yes, you can use the result.

I posted 2.0.2 over at sourceforge. Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 17:04   #363
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

46358 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Yes, you can use the result.

I posted 2.0.2 over at sourceforge. Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

The file is not available in the package.
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


All times are UTC. The time now is 01:30.

Mon Sep 28 01:30:54 UTC 2020 up 17 days, 22:41, 0 users, load averages: 2.09, 1.54, 1.44

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.