mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-04-28, 06:31   #969
kladner
 
kladner's Avatar
 
"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

234308 Posts
Default

Quote:
Here's one for someone to run with and see what happens:
M23562031
I started to run it from 60-67, but even with two cores' affinity it was painfully slow. I restarted from 64, and it outran MISFIT's automatic stats update. No factors where I ran.
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 14:22   #970
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

57368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
Here's one for someone to run with and see what happens: M23562031
Code:
[Tue Apr 28 10:20:23 2015]
UID: JamesHeinrich/mfaktc_GTX580, no factor for M23562031 from 2^1 to 2^70 [mfaktc 0.21 75bit_mul32_gs]
James Heinrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 15:31   #971
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

112616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
Code:
[Tue Apr 28 10:20:23 2015]
UID: JamesHeinrich/mfaktc_GTX580, no factor for M23562031 from 2^1 to 2^70 [mfaktc 0.21 75bit_mul32_gs]
I was of the understanding that mfaktc does not work under 64 bits?
Or there is a special port but it works slowly?

Am I confused?
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 15:53   #972
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

2·72·31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
I was of the understanding that mfaktc does not work under 64 bits? Or there is a special port but it works slowly? Am I confused?
You are confused
v0.20 did not support:
* exponents below M1,000,000
* GPU sieving below 264

v0.21 dropped the exponent limit from M1,000,000 to M100,000
v0.21 also extended GPU sieving below 264. It's faster than CPU sieving, but (significantly) slower than GPU sieving above 264.
James Heinrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 18:38   #973
kladner
 
kladner's Avatar
 
"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

1000810 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
You are confused
v0.20 did not support:
* exponents below M1,000,000
* GPU sieving below 264

v0.21 dropped the exponent limit from M1,000,000 to M100,000
v0.21 also extended GPU sieving below 264. It's faster than CPU sieving, but (significantly) slower than GPU sieving above 264.
Eek! I just realized that in my last round of experimentation I left v0.20 in residence. Time to fix that!
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 22:23   #974
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar
 
Madpoo's Avatar
 
Jul 2014

2·1,637 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
I started to run it from 60-67, but even with two cores' affinity it was painfully slow. I restarted from 64, and it outran MISFIT's automatic stats update. No factors where I ran.
I picked one of my dev boxes with 12 cores and I'm having it do TF work on 583 exponents where only sannerud has done anything (at least in v5).

I don't have a fancy schmancy GPU so I'm only taking these up to 2^62.

Once that's done, is there anyone or ones interested in looking at this list for rechecking from 2^62 up to whatever? In almost all of them, sannerud reported them up to 2^67, 2^68 or 2^69 which is more than I'd want to bite off without a GPU or seven available. But at least you'll know they're at least done to 2^62 reliably.
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 22:33   #975
Mark Rose
 
Mark Rose's Avatar
 
"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013

1011001100102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
I picked one of my dev boxes with 12 cores and I'm having it do TF work on 583 exponents where only sannerud has done anything (at least in v5).

I don't have a fancy schmancy GPU so I'm only taking these up to 2^62.

Once that's done, is there anyone or ones interested in looking at this list for rechecking from 2^62 up to whatever? In almost all of them, sannerud reported them up to 2^67, 2^68 or 2^69 which is more than I'd want to bite off without a GPU or seven available. But at least you'll know they're at least done to 2^62 reliably.
Is this a new list separate from the list in the other thread?
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 22:38   #976
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar
 
Madpoo's Avatar
 
Jul 2014

2·1,637 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rose View Post
Is this a new list separate from the list in the other thread?
I don't know... I'd have to cross check. Maybe I can get to that tonight.
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 23:27   #977
Mark Rose
 
Mark Rose's Avatar
 
"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013

2·1,433 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
I don't know... I'd have to cross check. Maybe I can get to that tonight.
It could save you significant work. Another reason for saving duplicate TF work in the database.
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 01:34   #978
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar
 
Madpoo's Avatar
 
Jul 2014

2×1,637 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rose View Post
It could save you significant work. Another reason for saving duplicate TF work in the database.
I just checked against that list. No repeats.

These new ones I'm looking at go from 23.2M to 49.9M, which is about where that other list George created starts out.

By the way, be sure to give George and James a wave and an "attaboy" for working on getting these v4 logs together. I don't know what format they were in originally but James wrangled them into a format that matched the v5 results and we got them added in to the database.

We're not totally done checking it all out for data issues but so far it all seems like it's in good shape.
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 01:53   #979
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar
 
Madpoo's Avatar
 
Jul 2014

2×1,637 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpoo View Post
I just checked against that list. No repeats.

These new ones I'm looking at go from 23.2M to 49.9M, which is about where that other list George created starts out.
Attached is a list I generated of those exponents. I created worktodo.txt compatible entries for them with a starting point of 62-bits since that's what I got them all retested up to. I just put in 69 bits as the "to bits" since that's the furthest sannerud took any of them (some were 67, some 68).

Since these are exponents where I didn't see anyone do any other work at all, it doesn't really matter how far sannerud took them to... nobody took 'em any further.

There will still be some exponents to look at after these. Some of them will be where sannerud did checking of part of the range but someone else took it further. Those are a little more complex to sort out so I'll get to those later. This list ought to be a good start though for anyone interested.
Attached Files
File Type: txt redo2.txt (13.1 KB, 49 views)
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official "Faits erronés dans de belles-lettres" thread ewmayer Lounge 39 2015-05-19 01:08
Official "all-Greek-to-me Fiction Literature and Cinema" Thread ewmayer Science & Technology 41 2014-04-16 11:54
Official "Lasciate ogne speranza" whinge-thread cheesehead Soap Box 56 2013-06-29 01:42
Official "Ernst is a deceiving bully and George is a meanie" thread cheesehead Soap Box 61 2013-06-11 04:30
Official "String copy Statement Considered Harmful" thread Dubslow Programming 19 2012-05-31 17:49

All times are UTC. The time now is 11:38.

Tue Sep 29 11:38:55 UTC 2020 up 19 days, 8:49, 0 users, load averages: 1.94, 1.69, 1.50

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.