mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > GPU to 72

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-01-31, 14:49   #1
jschwar313
 
"Jim Schwartz"
Jan 2016
Bolingbrook, IL

2510 Posts
Default No results for Recently set up GPU 2 72 computer

I have had no results posted to my account on the GPU72 website and I can't figure out why. I have a GTX 750ti graphics card with a Dell computer with an i7 cpu running mfaktc with the win64 version. I have the submit spider and it seems to be working. I've attached the results.old file from that process. I can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.

My internet connection seems just fine.

I have the submit spider running every hour to look for the results.txt file using the submit.bat file I found on a forum somewhere which calls the strawberry perl perl.exe running the submit.pl that I also found in a forum. I tested perl.exe by running perl -h in a command window and it works just fine.
Attached Files
File Type: txt results.old.txt (1.0 KB, 201 views)
jschwar313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 14:54   #2
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

33×5×71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwar313 View Post
I have the submit spider running every hour to look for the results.txt file using the submit.bat file I found on a forum somewhere which calls the strawberry perl perl.exe running the submit.pl that I also found in a forum. I tested perl.exe by running perl -h in a command window and it works just fine.
Hmmm... Well, /something/ isn't working correctly... The results you show in your attached text file are not appearing on Primenet, and thus isn't being seen by the GPU72 observing spider.

Perhaps try logging into Primenet and submit the results manually. Also, if you're using Windows I highly recommend you try MISFIT instead of the submission spider; it's far more powerful. The submission spider was a quick and dirty hack, written in only a couple of hours as a proof of concept.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 16:04   #3
jschwar313
 
"Jim Schwartz"
Jan 2016
Bolingbrook, IL

52 Posts
Default

I just figured out the problem. In my submit.bat script I had a different name for the perl script than it was called in my directory. Stupid mistake. It should work now. I"ll look into using MISFIT and how that works. Thanks.
jschwar313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 16:41   #4
jschwar313
 
"Jim Schwartz"
Jan 2016
Bolingbrook, IL

52 Posts
Default

There was another problem in the submit.bat job. It was deleting the results.txt before calling the perl script. I don't know if I put that in there or if it was the orginal code, but it works now. I now have results. This is great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Completed.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	13812  
jschwar313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Composite P-1 factors not showing up under recently cleared exponents? ixfd64 PrimeNet 2 2018-02-28 07:54
Has SSE2 recently been added to the msieve code? EdH Msieve 10 2012-10-04 18:08
Recently added T.Rex mersennewiki 20 2011-04-09 02:23
Strange happenings recently cheesehead Forum Feedback 1 2008-06-07 08:33
Moving partial results to new computer markg PrimeNet 3 2008-05-13 17:10

All times are UTC. The time now is 00:13.

Wed May 19 00:13:01 UTC 2021 up 40 days, 18:53, 0 users, load averages: 1.80, 1.69, 1.57

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.