mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Factoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-17, 11:42   #1
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22·5·373 Posts
Default Lucas Table

Does anyone have the factorization of L1058?

Blair Kelly's web page says that L1061 is the first hole, yet the
actual table listing the factorizations lists L1058 as having a C195
cofactor.

Or is the assertion that L1061 is the first hole incorrect?
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 11:46   #2
firejuggler
 
firejuggler's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Over the rainbow

37×71 Posts
Default

Perhaps Blair Kelly consider L1061 the first hole because the composite factor is slightly smaller (c184) than the composite factor of L1058 (c195)?

Last fiddled with by firejuggler on 2012-04-17 at 11:48
firejuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 11:58   #3
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22×5×373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejuggler View Post
Perhaps Blair Kelly consider L1061 the first hole because the composite factor is slightly smaller (c184) than the composite factor of L1058 (c195)?
No. Blair would not make that mistake.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 11:58   #4
rajula
 
rajula's Avatar
 
"Tapio Rajala"
Feb 2010
Finland

32×5×7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejuggler View Post
Perhaps Blair Kelly consider L1061 the first hole because the composite factor is slightly smaller (c184) than the composite factor of L1058 (c195)?
That would be really strange concept of "first hole". Also, there are other composite factors of Lucas numbers that are smaller than the c184 of L1061.

Last fiddled with by rajula on 2012-04-17 at 12:00
rajula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:08   #5
firejuggler
 
firejuggler's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Over the rainbow

1010010000112 Posts
Default

Then, maybe a mistake. Everybody make mistake sometimes. Or he/(she?) has just finished the factorisation and hasn't uploaded the result.

Last fiddled with by firejuggler on 2012-04-17 at 12:13
firejuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:17   #6
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22×5×373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejuggler View Post
Then, maybe a mistake. Everybody make mistake sometimes. Or he/(she?) has just finished the factorisation and hasn't uploaded the result.
It is far more likely that the full factorization of L1058 was simply
not entered into the table.

Does anyone have it?
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:26   #7
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

3×3,251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
Does anyone have the factorization of L1058?

Blair Kelly's web page says that L1061 is the first hole, yet the
actual table listing the factorizations lists L1058 as having a C195
cofactor.

Or is the assertion that L1061 is the first hole incorrect?
Oh, Mr Silverman, how about doing your homework before posting such ignorant questions here.... You were just a click away from the truth from Mr Kelly's web page....

(edit: gotcha! I will laugh 5 weeks in a row !!! ha ha ha ha ha ha...")

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2012-04-17 at 15:32
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:36   #8
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

53·41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Oh, Mr Silverman, how about doing your homework before posting such ignorant questions here.... You were just a click away from the truth from Mr Kelly's web page....
RDS was talking about the discrepancy between the web page (http://mersennus.net/fibonacci/index.html) and the data tables (what you posted).
axn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:51   #9
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

3·3,251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
RDS was talking about the discrepancy between the web page (http://mersennus.net/fibonacci/index.html) and the data tables (what you posted).
Sorry, can't reply to that, I am still shaking from laugh and barely can find the keys
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 16:54   #10
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22·5·373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Oh, Mr Silverman, how about doing your homework before posting such ignorant questions here.... You were just a click away from the truth from Mr Kelly's web page....

(edit: gotcha! I will laugh 5 weeks in a row !!! ha ha ha ha ha ha...")
The entry for L1058 is new. It was NOT there when I checked the very
list of composites that you pointed to.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 16:59   #11
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22×5×373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
The entry for L1058 is new. It was NOT there when I checked the very
list of composites that you pointed to.
In particular, see:

http://mersennus.net/fibonacci/status2000.html

L1058 is still not listed.

and:

http://mersennus.net/fibonacci/

says quite explicitly that L1061 is the first hole.

It seems that there is inconsistency among the tables. Sean seems
misinformed as well. He is doing the Lucas numbers in order but skipped
over L1058.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10- table garo Cunningham Tables 75 2021-01-31 16:16
7+ table garo Cunningham Tables 86 2021-01-04 22:35
6+ table garo Cunningham Tables 80 2021-01-04 22:33
10+ table garo Cunningham Tables 164 2021-01-04 22:32
7- table garo Cunningham Tables 54 2019-02-05 20:35

All times are UTC. The time now is 02:44.


Sat Sep 25 02:44:36 UTC 2021 up 63 days, 21:13, 0 users, load averages: 5.85, 4.97, 4.00

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.