mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > NFS@Home

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-04-24, 19:29   #56
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

2×4,139 Posts
Default

Please reserve 11p4_284 for us.

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 22:21   #57
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

201268 Posts
Default

30941_59m1 is in post-processing.

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 00:01   #58
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

2×4,139 Posts
Default

9p2_566L is in post-processing.

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 00:29   #59
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

827810 Posts
Default

Is the output data from remdups4 useful info to post and/or include with the log?

Example:

$ zcat 11p4_284.dat.gz | ../remdups4 10000 > msieve.dat
Found 340831486 unique, 123853643 duplicate, and 4176 bad relations.
Largest dimension used: 1209 of 10000
Average dimension used: 1040.2 of 10000


Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-01, 12:32   #60
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

2×4,139 Posts
Default

Please reserve 4p3_1341M for us.

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-01, 13:56   #61
swellman
 
swellman's Avatar
 
Jun 2012

3×5×211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
Is the output data from remdups4 useful info to post and/or include with the log?

Example:

$ zcat 11p4_284.dat.gz | ../remdups4 10000 > msieve.dat
Found 340831486 unique, 123853643 duplicate, and 4176 bad relations.
Largest dimension used: 1209 of 10000
Average dimension used: 1040.2 of 10000


I say no - most/all of the interesting information is contained in the log files already. Just my two cents.
swellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 02:30   #62
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

4,951 Posts
Default

The data point not in the log file that remdups provides, and I think is useful to others / future, is uniques vs raw relations. I post that data on almost every factor report.

For instance, an intrepid data-gatherer might look at unique % of raw relations to try to see what the optimal starting Q value is; lower Q sieve faster but yield more duplicate rels.

Dimension data is not useful, IMO.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 02:54   #63
swellman
 
swellman's Avatar
 
Jun 2012

3·5·211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
The data point not in the log file that remdups provides, and I think is useful to others / future, is uniques vs raw relations. I post that data on almost every factor report.

For instance, an intrepid data-gatherer might look at unique % of raw relations to try to see what the optimal starting Q value is; lower Q sieve faster but yield more duplicate rels.

Dimension data is not useful, IMO.
Raw vs unique relations is contained in the msieve logs.

If folks want to include the remdups4 log, go ahead.

Last fiddled with by swellman on 2021-05-02 at 02:56
swellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 14:34   #64
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

4,951 Posts
Default

How does msieve ever see the raw relations count, if you run remdups first? I mean, the whole point of remdups is to feed msieve only the uniques.

You're correct about that log *if* remdups is not run.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 18:13   #65
swellman
 
swellman's Avatar
 
Jun 2012

3×5×211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
How does msieve ever see the raw relations count, if you run remdups first? I mean, the whole point of remdups is to feed msieve only the uniques.

You're correct about that log *if* remdups is not run.
A good point. I personally almost never use remdups, I just let msieve do its thing.

Bottom line: raw vs uniques is nice data to have.
swellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 21:14   #66
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

205616 Posts
Default

Which approach is more performant overall?
Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 14d post processing reservations and results swellman NFS@Home 230 2021-09-25 13:54
2020 14e post processing reservations and results swellman NFS@Home 544 2020-12-31 15:14
2020 16e post processing reservations and results swellman NFS@Home 20 2020-12-31 05:22
2020 15e post processing reservations and results swellman NFS@Home 112 2020-12-29 22:58
2019 15e post processing reservations and results swellman NFS@Home 220 2019-12-28 16:40

All times are UTC. The time now is 18:45.


Sat Sep 25 18:45:26 UTC 2021 up 64 days, 13:14, 0 users, load averages: 1.38, 1.46, 1.46

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.