Default A portrait of the mersenne number

http://www.geocities.com/romanesquefr/primordial.htm
romanesquefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 18:13   #2
jinydu

Dec 2003
Hopefully Near M48

110110111102 Posts

I just see a huge (mostly blank) page. What portrait?
jinydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 22:39   #3
romanesquefr

Dec 2004

5 Posts
Default am sad that I received only one message!!!

my method mersenne.exe is formidable. the bond that I posed speak about an extraordinary remark. But it proves that the forum is not interested of the numbers of mersennes. Is my remark good or not??

http://www.geocities.com/romanesquefr/primordial.htm
Old 2004-12-15, 23:13   #4
flava

Feb 2003

11810 Posts

If you want more answers, please try to be clear when you make a statement. If you tell me what remark you are talking about in the previous post, I might be able to offer an opinion about it.
In general, on any given forum (math, games, guns, pets, you name it) when you post something RELATED TO THE FORUM and nobody answers it means:
1. Nobody actually cares about the subject
2. Nobody is smart enought to answer
3. You ask the wrong question, or you ask a valid question the wrong way

I'll let you guess which of the three scenarios is the most likely to be the case here ...
flava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:18   #5
geoff

Mar 2003
New Zealand

13·89 Posts

I may be misunderstanding your diagram, but doesn't it imply that the Mersenne prime following 2^7-1 is 2^11-1?
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:38   #6
romanesquefr

Dec 2004

5 Posts
Default A portrait of the mersenne number

thank you for your attention..
the thing is clear, by chance I made a list of numbers odd, I made behind a normal list of numbers. the coincidence is that in front of each mersenne number a number corresponds which can be written form 2^n whereas the other numbers do not have it. It isn't this is facil?
with another remark that I did it,the ball is buckled .
I seek a programmer network to find the 42 mersenne number with this nonmathematical method but 100% correct.
Old 2004-12-15, 23:52   #7
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

5·43·47 Posts

I think that this is a case of a 'law' holding up for a pattern of 3 numbers. Using a diagram with arrow and such is troubling to understand.

I assume that "romanesquefr" is from France. Prehaps they can post an explanation here in French and one of our number that is fluent in French and math can explain the theory.

If it is supposed that ((2)^2)^.... "classification" is what leads to prime merseenes, that seems to fail.

4096^2 = 16777216
16777216 * 2 = 33554432
33554432 - 1 = 33554431
33554431 = 31 x 601 x 1801 <- not prime

Last fiddled with by Uncwilly on 2004-12-16 at 00:02
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:53   #8
geoff

Mar 2003
New Zealand

100100001012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanesquefr
the coincidence is that in front of each mersenne number a number corresponds which can be written form 2^n whereas the other numbers do not have it.
I think every Mersenne number with an odd exponent, not just a Mersenne prime, has such a corresponding number. For example 2^11-1 corresponds to 2^10 under your scheme.
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 00:00   #9
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

5×43×47 Posts

I think that you found is that a Mersenne number is derived from a power of 2.

Look at this:

2^9 -1 = 511
(511 + 1) / 2 = 256
256 = 2^8
9 - 8 = 1

Your "classification" is always 1 less than the original exponent.

Please don't take what I say as an attack on you as a person. I am trying to understand what you mean and at the same time trying to help you understand why I think that what you found does not generate Merseenne primes.

You may try to make your whole diagram flow from left to right. Explain what each step means in simple words. What do you mean by "classification"?

Last fiddled with by Uncwilly on 2004-12-16 at 00:09
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 00:35   #10
romanesquefr

Dec 2004

5 Posts

je suis francophone. que quelqu'un traduit mon message.

parfois l'imagination sert mieux la programmation que les mathématiques. Faire des remarques apparentes sur un phénomène ici les nombres de mersennes ces remlarques serveront de base pour les cerner.
Entrons dans le vive du sujet:
Un nombre mersenne est un nombre premier d'accord mais avant c'est un nombre impaire n'est-ce pas? dressons un liste des nombres impaires et remarquons la position de chaque nombre mersenne. nous voyons que 3 est dans la 2 ème position après le 1 que 7 est dans la 4 ème position après le 1 3 5 que le 31 est dans la 16ème position. si on prend maintenant que les position des nombres de mersenne on aura 2 4 16 des nombres qui s'écrivent de la forme 2^n je parle ici d'une particularité des nombres de mersenne dont la position à la différence des autres nombres premiers ou non peut s'écrire de la forme 2^n sans entrer ici dans des calculs ou autres détail. J'ai trouvé une autre remarque qui avec la première ne caractérise que les nombres mersennes. avec la programmation de ces deux remarques on ne générera que les nombres mersenne c'est sûr et certain. merci de traduire ce message pour le forum.
Old 2004-12-16, 05:27   #11
jinydu

Dec 2003
Hopefully Near M48

33368 Posts

Before I start, I'd like to make clear I'm not really a native French speaker. I have taken French classes for many years, but its definitely not my first language. But I'll give it a shot anyway.

Quote:
je suis francophone. que quelqu'un traduit mon message.
I am a French speaker. Can someone translate my message?

Quote:
parfois l'imagination sert mieux la programmation que les mathématiques.
Sometimes, the imagination serves programming better than mathematics.

Quote:
Faire des remarques apparentes sur un phénomène ici les nombres de mersennes ces remlarques serveront de base pour les cerner.
Make some apparent remarks on a phenomenon about Mersenne numbers. (I don't know what "remlarque" and "cerner" mean).

Quote:
Entrons dans le vive du sujet:
Getting into the heart of the matter

Quote:
Un nombre mersenne est un nombre premier d'accord mais avant c'est un nombre impaire n'est-ce pas?
A Mersenne number is a prime number, agreed, but before that its an odd number, wouldn't you agree?

Quote:
dressons un liste des nombres impaires et remarquons la position de chaque nombre mersenne.
Make a list of odd numbers and note the position of each Mersenne number.

Quote:
nous voyons que 3 est dans la 2 ème position après le 1
We see that 3 is in the 2nd position after the 1

Quote:
que 7 est dans la 4 ème position après le 1 3 5
that 7 is in the 4th position after 1, 3 and 5

Quote:
que le 31 est dans la 16ème position.
that 31 is in the 16th position

Quote:
si on prend maintenant que les position des nombres de mersenne on aura 2 4 16 des nombres qui s'écrivent de la forme 2^n
If we now (observe?) the positions of Mersenne numbers we have 2, 4 and 16; numbers of the form 2^n

Quote:
je parle ici d'une particularité des nombres de mersenne dont la position à la différence des autres nombres premiers ou non peut s'écrire de la forme 2^n sans entrer ici dans des calculs ou autres détail.
(This sentence confused me a bit, admittedly, my translation doesn't make much sense) Here, I'm talking about a particular kind of Mersenne number where the difference between other primes or non-primes can be written in the form 2^n without getting into calculus or other details.

Quote:
J'ai trouvé une autre remarque qui avec la première ne caractérise que les nombres mersennes.
I've found another remark which, like the first, only characterizes Mersenne numbers.

Quote:
avec la programmation de ces deux remarques on ne générera que les nombres mersenne c'est sûr et certain. merci de traduire ce message pour le forum.
By programming these two remarks, we would only generate Mersenne numbers; its sure and certain. Thank you for translating this message for the forum.
jinydu is offline   Reply With Quote