Old 2017-01-23, 00:12   #1
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Liverpool (GMT/BST)

603110 Posts
Default English Premier League Football

Does anyone follow a team in the Premier League? It has been fun watching over the last few seasons with teams underperforming and over performing. The league is generally much more even than it was.
I support Man Utd myself. It has been a tough few seasons since Fergie left. This season is the most positive I have felt in a while though. Hoping for a top 4 spot this year with a good finish to the season. Next season we need to challenge for the title.
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 18:28   #2
Till

"Tilman Neumann"
Jan 2016
Germany

13×41 Posts

The premier league has always been interesting to me, but much more since Klopp and Guardiola went there. I like Klopps football, so I hope the best for him and his team.

About ManU, Rooney and Ibra do not get younger, and as such I expect that next season will be difficult for them, too. A top 4 place would be a great result.
Till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 18:38   #3
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

23×223 Posts

I'm United fan due to my friend being the manager (Mourinho).
pinhodecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 20:09   #4
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Liverpool (GMT/BST)

37×163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Till View Post
The premier league has always been interesting to me, but much more since Klopp and Guardiola went there. I like Klopps football, so I hope the best for him and his team.

About ManU, Rooney and Ibra do not get younger, and as such I expect that next season will be difficult for them, too. A top 4 place would be a great result.
I wouldn't particularly rate Rooney as it is this season. Ibra's game doesn't rely on his body so much. I hope he can be good for a few more years. Hopefully Martial and Radford can improve and take some slack.
More crucial for next season IMO is what happens with Carrick. United have been a different team with him lately. Again is quality doesn't rely on speed it is just whether he wants to continue/his body lets him. If he had started at weekend we might have won.
Old 2017-01-23, 23:28   #5
xilman
Bamboozled!

"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

2·3·29·67 Posts

I've been a Forest fan for a rather long time now. Unfortunately they've not been in the top league since the days of St. Brian and the back-to-back European Cup wins.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 19:07   #6
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Liverpool (GMT/BST)

37·163 Posts

Another interesting weekend with points dropped by the top 6. Arsenal lost to West Brom and Man City and Liverpool drew. This heats up the competition for the top 4 even further.

I am happy as Man Utd are now 4th if you count a game in hand as 3 points.

In other news, Leicester continue their run in the Champions League(and start recovering in the league)
Man Utd are rated most likely to win the Europa League. Amusingly it would probably benefit Utd to come 5th assuming they win the Europa League. This is due to their competition in the League having more games next season(with 5 English clubs in the Champions League)

The summer will be crucial for Man Utd's continued success due to several players(Rooney, Zlatan, Carrick) getting older.