mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Soap Box

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of Trump having COVID-19?
Trump blaming the liberals, MSM, Chinese, Mexicans, etc. 15 41.67%
Trump surviving and the evangelicals claiming it is because they prayed for him. 1 2.78%
Trump surviving and claiming his faith saved him 2 5.56%
Trump surviving and claiming he was saved by hydrochroloquin hydroxychloroquine 9 25.00%
Trump surviving and evangelicals claiming his "chosen one" status 3 8.33%
Trump dying and the evangelicals painting him as a martyr. 1 2.78%
Trump survives and is humbled by the experience 4 11.11%
Trump has no covid, it's just a political stunt (*post #19-20) 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-10-03, 14:45   #23
S485122

Sep 2006
Brussels, Belgium

2×797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
I'm not sure whether this refers to lowercase/caps or "-19."
I think the problem is COVID1-19, not the caps or whatever.

Jacob
S485122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-03, 17:51   #24
a1call

"Rashid Naimi"
Oct 2015
Remote to Here/There

7×277 Posts

Well this is a math forum, so I think the thread is about Coronavirus pandemic of 17 BC Or perhaps earlier.
Regardless time traveling viruses are a possibility. They couldn't come into existence out of thin air otherwise.

Last fiddled with by a1call on 2020-10-03 at 17:57
a1call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-03, 19:12   #25
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

19·199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S485122 View Post
I think the problem is COVID1-19, not the caps or whatever.

Jacob
I think you're right. I fixed it.

Fer cryin' out loud, a nitpick about a typo in the thread title? That's even worse than what I thought. That's such a trivial mistake, I didn't even notice. I generally disregard typos when it's clear what the intent was.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-03, 22:02   #26
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

37×127 Posts

President Trump had received an antibody cocktail, as well as zinc, Vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and a daily aspirin. He also was taking a five day course of Remdesivir. He has not received hydroxychloroquine as part of recent treatment, or in quite some time as far as I know. He's already showing signs of improvement, but it's early yet and time will tell.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2020-10-03 at 22:02
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-03, 22:18   #27
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

217048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
He has not received hydroxychloroquine as part of recent treatment, or in quite some time as far as I know.
He has before:
Quote:
“If you look at the one survey, the only bad survey, they were giving it to people that were in very bad shape,” Trump said. “They were very old. Almost dead. It was a Trump enemy statement.”

At the White House, the press secretary, Kayleigh "(Rhodes scholar)" McEnany, told CBS News Trump was taking hydroxychloroquine.

“I can absolutely confirm that,” she said.

“The president said himself he’s taking it. That’s a given fact. He said it. The president should be taken at his word.”

“You’d be surprised at how many people are taking it. The frontline workers, many, many are taking it,” Trump said.
What makes you say that Trump can or cannot later claim that he is only alive because of hydroxychloroquine?
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-03, 22:47   #28
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

100010101000012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
He's already showing signs of improvement, but it's early yet and time will tell.
https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-...umps-condition
Quote:
Conflicting reports emerged Saturday about President Trump's health and the timeline of when he was first tested positive for the coronavirus.

Trump is "doing very well," his physician told reporters on Saturday morning, but a source familiar with the president's health later told White House pool reporters, that "the president's vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning." The Associated Press identified that information as coming from White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

"The next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care," the official said. "We're still not on a clear path to a full recovery."
That does not sound like signs of improvement.
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-04, 00:12   #29
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

19×199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-...umps-condition
That does not sound like signs of improvement.
The AP story also is not exactly reassuring.
Quote:
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — President Donald Trump went through a "very concerning" period Friday and faces a "critical" next two days in his fight against COVID-19 at a military hospital, his chief of staff said Saturday — in contrast to a rosier assessment moments earlier by Trump doctors, who took pains not to reveal the president had received supplemental oxygen at the White House before his hospital admission.

"We're still not on a clear path yet to a full recovery," White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said outside the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

The changing, and at times contradictory accounts, created a credibility crisis for the White House at a crucial moment, with the president's health and the nation's leadership on the line. With Trump expected to remain hospitalized several more days and the presidential election looming, his condition is being anxiously watched by Americans.
<snip>
Saturday's briefing by Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley and other doctors raised more questions than it answered. Conley repeatedly refused to say whether the president ever needed supplemental oxygen, despite repeated questioning, and declined to share key details including how high a fever Trump had been running before it came back down to a normal range. Conley also revealed that Trump had begun exhibiting "clinical indications" of COVID-19 on Thursday afternoon, earlier than previously known.

Conley spent much of the briefing dodging reporters' questions, as he was pressed for details.

"Thursday no oxygen. None at this moment. And yesterday with the team, while we were all here, he was not on oxygen," Conley said.

But according to a person familiar with Trump's condition, Trump was administered oxygen at the White House on Friday morning, well before he was transported to the military hospital by helicopter that evening. The person was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press only on condition of anonymity,

Conley said that Trump's symptoms, including a mild cough, nasal congestion and fatigue "are now resolving and improving," and said the president had been fever-free for 24 hours. But Trump also is taking aspirin, which lowers body temperature and could mask or mitigate that symptom.
<snip>
Oh, and "the next 48 hours" are critical? Scratch that.
Quote:
He [Conley] noted that in many cases, COVID-19 can become more dangerous as the body responds. "The first week of COVID, and in particular day seven to 10, are the most critical in determining the likely course of this illness," he said.
Old 2020-10-04, 00:13   #30
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

10010010110112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
He has before:

What makes you say that Trump can or cannot later claim that he is only alive because of hydroxychloroquine?
Yes he took it in the past, ending in late May. https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ne-in-two-days Despite the claims of some of his opponents or critics, he does adjust his thinking to new information. If only they would too...

I haven't said either. I think such a claim on his part is unlikely since it is not a part of his recent treatment, nor his regimen for recent months. He might speculate that he might not have gotten sick if he'd stuck with it as a preventive measure. Or not.

There's a video address 4 minutes in length posted this evening where he states he's feeling much better. https://twitter.com/i/status/1312525833505058816
He's old, he's heavy, he's infected, etc, he's part of the high risk demographic, and he's getting what's probably the best available care. Now we wait and see how it goes.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2020-10-04 at 00:13
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-04, 00:30   #31
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

100010101000012 Posts

Is this a case of “Mom’s on the roof"?
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-04, 01:08   #32
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

19·199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
Is this a case of “Mom’s on the roof"?

Possibly. Reminds me of the good old days, when the USSR would officially announce that its leader "had a cold."

OTOH, maybe this whole "president has COVID-19" story is merely a carefully-scripted soap opera. Or perhaps they keep doing revisions, and the actors are getting different versions of the script.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!
Old 2020-10-04, 02:35   #33
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

1E7B16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP
…created a credibility crisis…
No, the credibility crisis has been there for quite a while.
Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote