Old 2017-08-18, 13:49   #243
schickel

"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

83216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
The splitting feature of the db would be my choice for an easier split and that's what I use to spread the candidates between my current machines.

My machines are running 10k in less than an hour. I'm able to interface more frequently than Pakaran, so I can get more runs per day. But, I'm not available all the time so there are longer periods, including not being able to link with my machines while I was out today due to laptop application failure.
Wow, I didn't realize you could manage that kind of speed. Yeah, the method I cited is more suited for manual runs that take a little more time than that.

With the speed you can manage, maybe it's best to just announce when you're going to turn yoiur worlers loose and then just accept that some percentage will be duplicate runs if there's someone else helping.

And maybe whoever is doing the composite dumps will stop and you could into some "real" work.....yeah, right.
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 01:13   #244
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

5·13·53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel View Post
Wow, I didn't realize you could manage that kind of speed. Yeah, the method I cited is more suited for manual runs that take a little more time than that.

With the speed you can manage, maybe it's best to just announce when you're going to turn yoiur worlers loose and then just accept that some percentage will be duplicate runs if there's someone else helping.

And maybe whoever is doing the composite dumps will stop and you could into some "real" work.....yeah, right.
I think it's pretty well known here that I'm working 306 dd exclusively until they are knocked down to a comfortable level and the db is correspondingly shrinking by 10k with every upload, so maybe they're done for now. I think there are still almost 400k left. The duplicates I've seen have been very few, which leads me to believe they're from someone using a random pick.

I lost almost the whole day today because the machine I connect to when I'm away wouldn't talk to me. I'm one small step away from full automation, but I always hesitate at this last step for some reason. Of course, if I do fully automate, I'll have to make sure it stops when the 306s are finished. I would like to get back to cleaning up the remaining 37xx area.
EdH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 01:40   #245
schickel

"Frank <^>"
Dec 2004
CDP Janesville

2×1,049 Posts

Quote:
I think it's pretty well known here that I'm working 306 dd exclusively until they are knocked down to a comfortable level and the db is correspondingly shrinking by 10k with every upload, so maybe they're done for now. I think there are still almost 400k left. The duplicates I've seen have been very few, which leads me to believe they're from someone using a random pick.

I lost almost the whole day today because the machine I connect to when I'm away wouldn't talk to me. I'm one small step away from full automation, but I always hesitate at this last step for some reason. Of course, if I do fully automate, I'll have to make sure it stops when the 306s are finished. I would like to get back to cleaning up the remaining 37xx area.
Geez, I just now looked at the distribution list and OMFG, what the hell are they thinking?

Does there appear to be any utility to the numbers or is someone just dumping 306 digit numbers in hoping to dump a few primes in along with everything else? The last time I was doing certs most of the primes were (10^something+something_else)/small_factors.

And I thought it was a problem when there were clusters of PPs around the round digit counts (~5K at 998-1002, 1098-1102, stuff like that).
schickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 02:42   #246
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

65658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel View Post
Geez, I just now looked at the distribution list and OMFG, what the hell are they thinking?

Does there appear to be any utility to the numbers or is someone just dumping 306 digit numbers in hoping to dump a few primes in along with everything else? The last time I was doing certs most of the primes were (10^something+something_else)/small_factors.

And I thought it was a problem when there were clusters of PPs around the round digit counts (~5K at 998-1002, 1098-1102, stuff like that).
They are all prime so far, with sequential ids, so they were uploaded specifically to load the PRP list. They will eventually be moved to the P list.
Old 2017-08-20, 20:22   #247
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

65658 Posts

Hmm... Another 100k of 306 dd PRPs has arrived. Someone wishes to keep me busy. I did fully automate, so there should be less down-time...
Old 2017-08-24, 02:39   #248
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

5×13×53 Posts

I've finally gotten my scripts and systems mostly tuned and am completing roughly 13k of the 306dd entries per hour. Now, it looks like I'll have them completed before this time tomorrow. That is, if no more are added.

As I study the current listing, there are many more PRPs below where I was working at 337X than I realized. I don't know where pakaran is working now. Shall I work 2500 dd and up after I finish with the 306 project, (if the flood has indeed subsided)? Or, do I need to start lower?
Old 2017-08-24, 13:18   #249
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

65658 Posts

Quote:
...it looks like I'll have them completed before this time tomorrow. That is, if no more are added...
...and the controlling machine continues without trouble...

New estimate is tomorrow - no more specificity offered.
Old 2017-08-25, 18:13   #250
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

5×13×53 Posts

The 306s are gone (at least for now), and I am concentrating on the area from 3000 dd upward. If needed to help clear the lower numbers, I'll lower my area some.
Old 2017-08-28, 18:55   #251
pakaran

Aug 2002

3·83 Posts

Quote:
The 306s are gone (at least for now), and I am concentrating on the area from 3000 dd upward. If needed to help clear the lower numbers, I'll lower my area some.
Feel free to take anything over 2k dd, and I'll likely revise that downwards in the future, since there's a substantial backlog at this point.

In the event I get anywhere close, I'll let you know and hold off, but I don't anticipate that being in the next week or two.
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 01:50   #252
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

5·13·53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakaran View Post
Feel free to take anything over 2k dd, and I'll likely revise that downwards in the future, since there's a substantial backlog at this point.

In the event I get anywhere close, I'll let you know and hold off, but I don't anticipate that being in the next week or two.
OK. I've lowered my machines to start working at 2000 dd and upwards. I see what you mean about a backlog - well over 900 between 2000 and 3000.

Not sure if you've noticed, but there is another "##" PRP that won't certify. It's near the other one (2531 dd). The new one is 2541 dd and its id is 1100000000953365184. I hit it with all available bases, but it's stuck like the other one.
Old 2017-09-20, 01:50   #253
pakaran

Aug 2002

3×83 Posts

Has anyone else noticed it gives an error when attempting to download primo input files en masse? You can download them one at a time from the number pages, accessible by getting the PRP list starting at say 301 digits, but it's not really practical.
pakaran is offline   Reply With Quote