mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

View Poll Results: you like the applications?
absolutely yes 1 3.70%
yes 0 0%
no 9 33.33%
not sure 1 3.70%
I don't run unverified apps 16 59.26%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-01-13, 20:17   #1
thorken

Jan 2019

2B16 Posts
Post MEGAPOST apps to compute mersenne primes, factorization and computing decimals of pi on android

first of all say that I am a user of Spain

screenshot of the apps in attachments.

all these applications are installed in the same way less the last one of that if I did apk since I programmed it with c4droid and that allows exporting to apk, the others started doing them

on cxxdroid and then finished and when you pass them to c4droid they do not work for lack of librarys and I can not find the way to install them.

The las app Fast N Primes is an apk and you can all install it even if you are not root users, this application calculates prime numbers of a number a, a maximum number b 2147483647 but it

does very fast, I have not found any android apk that calculates primes more faster. I hope you like them .

First: Mersenne Apps

First of all tell you that this app is not installable in the normal way, you also have to be a root user. For those who want to try it you can also try it on a PC with Android emulator.

I put the 2 applications that I have made mersenne numbers the first only shows the data on the screen and the second allows us to record them on disk, we go on the sd.

Download link v1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X_66gUejXBbUxtN6rTinZ3yWg44A9765/view?usp=drivesdk

download link v2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Tz...w?usp=drivesdk

Video with the source code although it will not be seen much because for now I do not want to publish it like others I have. although good if you take breaks in the video and you have time

sure You can take it out whole.

video: https://youtu.be/pBwaYFfXQiE

new version of the mersenne android application with improvements in the speed of calculation as you can see in the attached photos compared to the previous ones that are in this other link

https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=23963

Added ETA Time so if you put a large exponent tell you more or less how long it will take to finish the calculation, for example in a mini s4 putting the 51st cousin of mersene I do not

remember well but I said it would take about 14 years. hahaha, it's a mini s4 ...
Improvements in what is shown on the screen with some more data to finish the calculation as a curiosity.

(( Installation )):

Download the application and with a file browser such as File Explorer for Android, copy the app to system / xbin on your phone or tablet, once copied you will read the same permissions as the

APPS that are already there and that's it. is installed

Now to test it open an Android terminal, I recommend the termux app you identify as root and you know putting sudo -s or su root and then you go to any folder on your mobile where you can

write data, for example in / sdcard. in console you put cd / sdcard and you can run the application simply by typing mersenne and pressing enter.

Once the application is executed, read what the application says and see how it works. It is the fastest app for Android for this task although this type of applications are more for PC

because they require a lot of calculation and a good processor and yes, the mobile processors are good but do not have anywhere near the power of a CPU. desktop like for example an Intel i7 or

an amd ryzen.

The one that proves it that leaves comments and suggestions.

The Mersenne Prime Numbers, Are Prime Numbers Such That ... 2 ^ n-1 Is A Prime Number, n Being Cousin. Example: If We Give An Interval From 0 To 10000 When n Be 9973 We Will Obtain A Number Of

Some 3003 Digits To Analyze And See If It Is A Prime Number Or No. The Mersenne Prime Numbers Are Represented As: M2, M3, M5, M7, M13, M17, M19 ... M82589933 That is the 51st Mersenne Prime

Number Calculated By January 2019, Which Has More Than 24 Million Digits, Much Much Calculation.

The Purpose Of This Program Is Mathematical And BenchMark Mode In A Given Interval, For These Calculations It Takes Much More Power Than That A Mobile Gives To January 2019, Even If You Know

... Within A Few Years This Same Program Can Surprise us ...

At the end of the calculation, the program will give us a rate of speed, this rate of speed of your mobile generating cousins ??of Mersenne, will have a maximum of 100 points, the higher, more

powerful your mobile, for example a S4 Mini Year 2013, Gives an Index of 3.147 Points, Calculating from 0 to 10000 of Exponent, and Yours? It Can Serve You To BenchMark Mode On Your Mobile

Devices Or To Compete With Your Friends ... To See Who Has The Best Mobile. This program makes intensive use of the CPU, so the faster you are, the faster the calculations will be ... The M8AX

- Mersenne.TxT file will be created with the results of the calculations in the folder in which you run the program. In the statistics, the sections of Quijotes and pages are mere curiosity

that can serve as BenchMark, as the numbers of Mersenne have many digits, I consider them as characters of a book, in this case, Don Quixote and Pages Well ... , Pages Of Quixote. The Book ...

The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote De La Mancha, Has 2034610 Characters And An Average Of 1500 Characters Per Page.

Write comments and suggestions ...

I know that executing an application being root to many is scary but let's go if someone trusts it to try it and say comments, I think all these apps that I'm going to put are good to at least

test the speed and strength of our cpu, anyway in the videos you see the execution of the programs although I execute them directly with cxxdroid that
is where I program them in the mobile, with this application you can make your own programs in c ++ run them and create binary apps to see if they soon release version to make apk or if

someone knows how to make an installable apk from a binary application already done that I tell Be good and practical in your comments.

Second: Factorization app

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nH4gt7hriRtgh1w6IGPiaru8NqnWZDc-/view?usp=drivesdk

Video : https://youtu.be/HpI2OgiXcQI

First of all tell you that this app is not installable in the normal way, you must also be a root user. For those who want to try it you can also try it on a PC with Android emulator.

Installation:

Download the application and with a file browser such as file Explorer for Android, copy the app to system / xbin once copied you give the same permissions as the APPS that are already there

and that's it, it's already installed.

Now to test it open an Android terminal I recommend the termux app you identify as root and you know putting your sudo -s or su root and then you go to any folder of your mobile where you can

write data for example in / sdcard in console you put cd / sdcard and you can now run the application simply by entering factor and pressing enter and read the instructions that the

application tells you and see how it works. It is the fastest app for Android for this task although this type of applications are more for PC because they require a lot of calculation and a

good processor and yes, the mobile processors are good but do not have anywhere near the power of a CPU. desktop like for example an Intel i7 or an amd ryzen.

Third app : Decimals of PI app

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b0CJ6mYa4F2g5kBeBTNjtyKHV5PFU5Vr/view?usp=drivesdk

Video: https://youtu.be/5Y59ZIca3Ro

Curiosity 100M Primes Calculated With my app. - 100MB - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9fG72gKu9K_sRAH7VYl4QsEVWLP71Y0/view?usp=drivesdk

First of all, tell you that this app is not installable in the normal way, besides ... you must be a root user. For those who want to try it, you can also try it on a PC with Android emulator.

Installation:

Download the application and with a file browser such as file Explorer for Android, copy the app to system / xbin once copied you give the same permissions as the APPS that are already there

and that's it, it's already installed.

Now to test it, you open an Android terminal, I recommend the termux app, you identify yourself as root; you know putting your sudo -s or su root and then you go to any folder on your mobile

where you can write data for example in / sdcard in console put cd / sdcard and you can run the application just by typing pim8ax and pressing enter and you already read the instructions that

the application tells you and see how it works. It is the fastest app for Android for this task although this type of applications are more for PC because they require a lot of calculation and

a good processor and yes, the mobile processors are good but do not have anywhere near the power of a CPU. desktop like for example an Intel i7 or an amd ryzen.

NOTE. I have compared this application that I have done with the fastest mobile application I have found in the google apps store, which is called Real Pi Benchmark and my application is a lot

but much faster, to take into account what this user says .

Excellent Benchmark App OnePlus Three, Android 6.0.1, 64GB internal storage, 6GB RAM, Qcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core @ 2.15 GHz. Decimals of pi 1000000 in 4.94 seconds.

With my app and in a s4 mini that has 1.7ghz per core and only 1.5gb of ram it calculates 1000000 decimals of pi in 4.1 seconds, which shows that the algorithm used in my app is
much more efficient than the one they have used in the application, real pi benchmark.

with my app and samsung wave with bada after and now android 4.4 1m digits of pi calculated in 9.2seconds. ( the model of samsung wave is gt.8500 )

I have calculated 100M decimal places of pi in my s4 mini gt-i9195 and it has taken 18m 31s, in my mobile I can not calculate more than 120M since this calculation program needs a lot of RAM,

the more decimal places of pi we want to calculate more memory we will need and I have not implemented a swap so it does not depend so much on RAM, but if it did, the performance would drop

drastically since it is not the same to read data from the ram, than from an SD. But since you have mobiles of 4, 6 or 8gb of ram because you can calculate many more decimals, the program can

calculate a maximum of 2147483646 decimal of pi, since it seems to some, if we compare it with the application for pc Y -CRUNCHER, but folks this is for a phone. Anyway I also did the test of

calculating 50M of decimals of pi in ycruncher in an intel atom n270 taking about 13 minutes with what I do not know what to think ... equal my code in a pc is total madness hahaha. some time

that I have free the same I modify it so that it runs in x86 using all the possible extensions of the current cpus, I have to say that this app is optimized for cpus of mobile phones using

what is possible of the processor that has the phone, that is If a mobile phone, your cpu has NEON instructions then use them but not.

The program when you execute the first thing you ask is the decimals you want to calculate always> 100 so I save some processes, so if you want to calculate 500 decimal places then you put 500

you want to calculate 100000 because you put them and press enter. The next thing that asks us is if we want to record the decimals calculated on disk, show on screen in debug mode the

calculations made by the CPU or display the decimals on the screen when calculating them without recording to disk, options 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

In record mode I do not know why but it almost takes longer to record the decimals to disk than in calculating them, I do not know if it will be my sd that is slow or I do not know, nor that

it is very long iigual 1 million decimal places it records them in 5 seconds but it seems to me very much taking into account that 1000000 of decimals come to occupy 1mb.

The program when the calculations ends shows us on the screen a lot of statistics on the digits of pi calculated as curiosity as for how much would occupy the calculated decimal of pi if we

write in a straight line or the bolic bic we would spend for such a feat.

I hope you like it and put useful comments always useful ...

This application is only for root users and I know many people say that it is dangerous for anyone in their right mind to execute an application that needs root privileges etc ... but good for

the brave ones who want to try it because here it is and for those who do not then there is always installed on the pc android operating system vajo virtualbox or vmware and ready, look that

would be a good option to try the app without having to port it to x86 although I'm afraid it would not go as fast as I could not use more than the raw power of the cpu without the help of

instructions such as sse3 sse4 etc ...

I Hope you like the apps. Comments Please. Thanks!

I almost forgot I put the link to the calculation of cousins ‚Äč‚Äčapplication this is for all users do not need to be root and is also an apk which you can install on your phones as any other apk.

apk fast nprimes using sieve of atkin

download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L-IepZlOU0qiOvm8IHy1UR1m6TEkK14c/view?usp=drivesdk

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b00BEtvrBI8&index=14&list=PLEVZAngQF4RDAn0YG4KJuxLnxP_uNyRrF&t=0s

M8AX CORP. 2019

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	factor.png
Views:	102
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	19650   Click image for larger version

Name:	mersene1.png
Views:	100
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	19651   Click image for larger version

Name:	mersene2.png
Views:	100
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	19652   Click image for larger version

Name:	mersene3.png
Views:	101
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	19653   Click image for larger version

Name:	pi1.png
Views:	106
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	19654  

Last fiddled with by thorken on 2019-01-13 at 20:20 Reason: forget text
thorken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 20:32   #2
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

2·4,787 Posts
Thumbs down

You had me at "First of all tell you that this app is not installable in the normal way, you must also be a root user".

And to mention the obvious - this is a duplicate of the thread https://mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=23963
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 20:44   #3
thorken

Jan 2019

43 Posts
Default its not duplicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
You had me at "First of all tell you that this app is not installable in the normal way, you must also be a root user".

And to mention the obvious - this is a duplicate of the thread https://mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=23963
not duplicated here its more apps and new version of the app in the other post.
Old 2019-01-13, 21:13   #4
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

100110111011002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorken View Post
not duplicated here its more apps and new version of the app in the other post.
If I didn't have a serious amount of serious work to do, I'd be tempted to run this malware in an Android emulator inside a sand-boxed virtual machine, and sniff the heck out of it.

But I do, so I won't....
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 21:19   #5
thorken

Jan 2019

43 Posts

Where do you get that is malware? I hallucinate in colors with people, I have even put videos is amazing that as I am Spanish I am not worthy to be here? In the other Post there were already people who executed it without problems and you say it is malware because you crave it or because you have a mental antivirus or how it goes.
Old 2019-01-13, 21:26   #6
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

5,009 Posts

1. Post source, so we can see what it does.
2. Make an app that can be installed as user, not root.

Your failure to do these things makes it look like malware. That's it. To gain trust, show your work.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 21:48   #7
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

22·47·53 Posts

Quote:
... and you say it is malware because you crave it or because you have a mental antivirus or how it goes.
By my training, and my general disposition, I'm paranoid. The question is, am I paranoid enough?

Going beyond how little sense it makes to try doing LL'ing on a hand-held device, requiring "root" raises alarm bells. Heck, executables which only require "unprivileged accounts" are not allowed here, because there's always the risk of a "zero-day exploit" escalation attack vector.

This isn't personal. But unless and until you provide the source code for your app, which can be compiled and then run, no one here is going to take the risk.

Deal with it.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 21:57   #8
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

2×4,787 Posts

Quote:
... that as I am Spanish I am not worthy to be here?
That is a serious accusation and you have to support it.
Who told you that? Where?
So far we see the opposite - people are helping you with multiple suggestions. You are not listening though.

Quote:
... In the other Post there were already people who executed it without problems
Where, who? Have you confused other people running other software and comparing with your timings from screenshots?
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 22:01   #9
lycorn

"GIMFS"
Sep 2002
Oeiras, Portugal

2·32·83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post

This isn't personal. But unless and until you provide the source code for your app, which can be compiled and then run, no one here is going to take the risk.

Deal with it.
Seconded.
lycorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-13, 22:03   #10
thorken

Jan 2019

538 Posts

The last app its an apk for no root Users, the Others compile With cxxdroid That not permite make apk only bin file. If you no want to execute nothing is wrong. If I know dont make this apps.
Old 2019-01-13, 22:05   #11
thorken

Jan 2019

43 Posts

In the videos its the source code I dont want to send my work sorry