6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

8,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
I made some very minor ones...
When I made some for some of the other numbers I borrowed vastly from the press releases and wikied them up.
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 20:10   #24
Mark Rose

"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013
Ͳօɾօղէօ

1010111101112 Posts

Who is also editing Curtis Cooper on Wikipedia at the same time as me? lol
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 03:34   #25
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

3,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
When I made some for some of the other numbers I borrowed vastly from the press releases and wikied them up.
I looked at that, but didn't have much time. At least they have something there now. If no one else gets to them first, I may have some more time in a couple days.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-01, 22:44   #26
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

2×3×11×43 Posts
Default Laste edits from Sweety439

Please stop copying articles from Wikipedia to MersenneWiki without giving any reference!

See the new page Aurifeuillian_Factors (copy of Wikipedia).
You even didn't tried to adjust some red links like for the 'Cunnignham project' (at MersenneWiki given as 'Cunnignham Project').

Also categorize new pages: "Cullen" should become the category 'Math'.

The tables in Cullen/Woodall numbers are without any search limits in n, while Wikipedia were (n=100000). Given there for b upto 30, you gave b upto 64 but no limits. This is not helpful for other searchers.

The page of Woodall numbers contains the phrase "Cullen"! External links for those page like to Wikipedia or MathWorld are also helpful (see other pages as examples).

Please give more attention in editing/creating pages.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 20:17   #27
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

2·3·11·43 Posts

@Sweety439:

Please, please, PLEASE:

- Do not edit a page a dozen times in a few minutes!
There's a "Show preview" button at the bottom of the page to show how the page will look like.

How to do (you know how tables in MediaWiki are done):
- use an ASCII editor to create to page/table offline
- use your user-page, edit and copy from the ASCII-editor when ready without saving!
- correct possible errors in the layout ("Show preview")
- if all done -> create the new page in the Wiki and save

- Before creating a new page you should make some thoughts the page should look like.
- Before creating a new page you should make some investigations on internet to include external links to prove your data or give more information like Wikipedia or Mathworld.
- Explain you marks given in a table: those pages are not only for you, others want to understand them, too.
- At the bottom of a new/every page _ALWAYS_ give a category with entry "[[Category:...]]"!

Examples:
- A search limit given only as "4096" is without meaning... "n = 4096" is correct.
- A column for all bases in a table to list the OEIS seq is not needed. Create an own table, because the base-table will be extended but no OEIS seq exists, so most of that column will be empty. (-> Williams prime)
or
- Repunit: OEIS given for -50 <= base <= 50 and your table contains bases upto 500 and more!
Most cells are empty and such a table is confusing!
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote