mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-05-14, 14:29   #452
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

2·7·11·31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Wandelaar View Post
I'll work on the 42.6 range. There was no TF activity in this range in the 12 last months. I can allocate +/- 2.500 GHz/day per day.
Thanks. I'm doing P1 on these 3 ranges for another month. hoping to get them all under 40 for you. We can do it concurrently. I'll focus on 42.6 first.

I'll start --- mostly--- 42.6 on the low end....if you work from the high end we won't step on each others toes.
I'll be done in under 2 weeks.

PS looking at recent results I can see that Anton Repko is dabbling in 49.6.

Last fiddled with by petrw1 on 2021-05-14 at 15:24 Reason: --- mostly ---
petrw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 15:30   #453
De Wandelaar
 
De Wandelaar's Avatar
 
"Yves"
Jul 2017
Belgium

4916 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
There are 2043 numbers in that range. TF from 74-75 takes about 90 GHd, so you should be able to complete the range in 10-11 weeks.

Based on prior P-1 done, you should find a factor every 115 numbers (1 every 4 days) or about 15-19 for the whole range. 75-76 will take double that time and find similar number of factors.

BTW, 49.6 might be easier as the TF will be faster, and you're likely to find more factors as the P-1 done is slightly less.
Thanks for your feed-back, axn. I was aware of the duration of the process but honestly not of the impact of the agressive P-1 on the success rate.

I hope it will progress a little bit faster than foreseen : it takes actually about 45 min to process one case (see attach), so 30-32 per day without too much interruptions. With a little bit luck 9-10 weeks could be enough.

My fear is in fact a too hot summer ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tf462.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	24888  
De Wandelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 15:35   #454
De Wandelaar
 
De Wandelaar's Avatar
 
"Yves"
Jul 2017
Belgium

7310 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
Thanks. I'm doing P1 on these 3 ranges for another month. hoping to get them all under 40 for you. We can do it concurrently. I'll focus on 42.6 first.

I'll start --- mostly--- 42.6 on the low end....if you work from the high end we won't step on each others toes.
I'll be done in under 2 weeks.

PS looking at recent results I can see that Anton Repko is dabbling in 49.6.
OK, Wayne. I was already started on the low end but I will stop and begin again from the high end.
Yves
De Wandelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 03:03   #455
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

3×17×101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Wandelaar View Post
I hope it will progress a little bit faster than foreseen : it takes actually about 45 min to process one case (see attach), so 30-32 per day without too much interruptions. With a little bit luck 9-10 weeks could be enough.
You're getting about 2800+ so, yes, it should finish faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Wandelaar View Post
My fear is in fact a too hot summer ...
Typically, you should be able to substantially decrease power usage with only a modest decrease in performance by setting max clock / power limit. That should allow you to continue crunching thru a hot summer.
axn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 06:08   #456
De Wandelaar
 
De Wandelaar's Avatar
 
"Yves"
Jul 2017
Belgium

73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
Typically, you should be able to substantially decrease power usage with only a modest decrease in performance by setting max clock / power limit. That should allow you to continue crunching thru a hot summer.
My power limit is already set on 60 % otherwise I could deliver more than 3.300 GHz/day (Quadro RTX 5000).
I try to keep the GPU temperature between 65° en 70° (heat in the room, fan noise, lifespan, plus electricity). I think 54 % power limit is the absolute miminum I can set with Afterburner.

Effectively, the performance decrease is quite modest (+/- 17 %) in comparison with the 40 % power reduction.
De Wandelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 14:14   #457
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

515110 Posts
Default

You can further drop power usage by limiting max clock speed

For my 1660 Ti, I've set power limit to 70w. However, I'm running it with graphics clock capped at 1300 MHz, dropping the power to 44w (~40% drop) while dropping performance by only 20%.
axn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 15:17   #458
De Wandelaar
 
De Wandelaar's Avatar
 
"Yves"
Jul 2017
Belgium

4916 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
You can further drop power usage by limiting max clock speed

For my 1660 Ti, I've set power limit to 70w. However, I'm running it with graphics clock capped at 1300 MHz, dropping the power to 44w (~40% drop) while dropping performance by only 20%.
Indeed, I didn't think of that.
Thanks for the tip !
De Wandelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 06:11   #459
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

2×7×11×31 Posts
Default Your first...keep it up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Wandelaar View Post
OK, Wayne. I was already started on the low end but I will stop and begin again from the high end.
Yves

Code:
Yves de Wandelaar  Manual testing  42684091  F  2021-05-24 02:53  0.0  45.3204  Factor: 26817704181153840529049 / TF: 74-75*
petrw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 07:23   #460
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

3·17·101 Posts
Default

He found one on the 18th.

https://www.mersenne.org/report_expo...2695969&full=1
axn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 14:29   #461
De Wandelaar
 
De Wandelaar's Avatar
 
"Yves"
Jul 2017
Belgium

73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
Yes, two factors found until now for 321 trials.
The results are on the low side but yet reasonably coherent with axn's forecast.
Hoping the rate will be a little bit higher in the next days/weeks.
De Wandelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 15:39   #462
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

2×7×11×31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
petrw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking of Joining GPU to 72 jschwar313 GPU to 72 3 2016-01-31 00:50
Thinking about lasieve5 Batalov Factoring 6 2011-12-27 22:40
Thinking about buying a panda jasong jasong 1 2008-11-11 09:43
Loud thinking on irregular primes devarajkandadai Math 4 2007-07-25 03:01
Question on unfactored numbers... WraithX GMP-ECM 1 2006-03-19 22:16

All times are UTC. The time now is 17:31.


Tue Oct 26 17:31:39 UTC 2021 up 95 days, 12 hrs, 0 users, load averages: 2.76, 2.41, 2.04

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.