mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Operazione Doppi Mersennes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-09-30, 17:36   #331
RichD
 
RichD's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Kansas

3,449 Posts
Default

Attached is a Linux build (with .exe) using CUDA 8.0 and sm_20, 30, 35, 50, 52, 61.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mmff-0.28.zip (3.63 MB, 168 views)

Last fiddled with by RichD on 2018-09-30 at 17:37 Reason: add attachment
RichD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 13:48   #332
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

483010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichD View Post
Attached is a Linux build (with .exe) using CUDA 8.0 and sm_20, 30, 35, 50, 52, 61.
Thanks RichD!
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 15:28   #333
RichD
 
RichD's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Kansas

3,449 Posts
Default

I recalled this from the earlier days. You might be able to run mmff without installing the entire CUDA suite by referencing the dynamic library. I added a "lib" folder to the previous package. It can be run by:
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib ./mmff.exe
I reference this post. For Linux x86_64 & CUDA 8.0.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mmff-0.28.zip (3.75 MB, 167 views)
RichD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-24, 09:17   #334
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

2×3×5×7×23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET_ View Post
New CUDA version, new mmff required.

A friend of us required a mmff version compiled for his GTX 1060 and CUDA 8.

I have no Nvidia SDK or boards on my PC at the moment, so I can provide neither Linux nor Windows ones. I hope I will have a Windows version soon (thanks to Jerry).

Thank you!!

Luigi
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 19:00   #335
Dylan14
 
Dylan14's Avatar
 
"Dylan"
Mar 2017

58610 Posts
Default

Attached is a Windows 64bit executable and source for mmff set for CUDA 10. I post this here since this executable still gives me the error "Class problems. Factor divisible by 2, 3, 5, 7, or 11" even though the makefile "Makefile.win" is set to produce code for CC 3.0 and above (including 6.1 which covers Pascal cards, which is what I have) and I want to see if others can replicate the issue and provide me a fix, as Luigi was unable to help. Note you will need the CUDA 10 cudart dll, it can be found here: https://www.mersenneforum.org/mfaktc...in.cuda100.zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mmff_exe_win64_cuda10.zip (2.60 MB, 185 views)
File Type: zip mmff_src_cuda10.zip (171.9 KB, 176 views)
Dylan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 17:00   #336
kriesel
 
kriesel's Avatar
 
"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

33·5·43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan14 View Post
Attached is a Windows 64bit executable and source for mmff set for CUDA 10. I post this here since this executable still gives me the error "Class problems. Factor divisible by 2, 3, 5, 7, or 11" even though the makefile "Makefile.win" is set to produce code for CC 3.0 and above (including 6.1 which covers Pascal cards, which is what I have) and I want to see if others can replicate the issue and provide me a fix, as Luigi was unable to help. Note you will need the CUDA 10 cudart dll, it can be found here: https://www.mersenneforum.org/mfaktc...in.cuda100.zip.
Can't test here, since all installations are CUDA8 or lower. (Lots of old model cards in the fleet that CUDA10 aware drivers don't support)
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-26, 14:41   #337
GP2
 
GP2's Avatar
 
Sep 2003

5×11×47 Posts
Default Errors in the mmff code?

I downloaded the mmff-0.28 source code.

In mfaktc.c, there are lines like this (line 166 to 168):

Code:
  if (exp == 31) {
        unsigned int exp_mod8, exp_mod3, exp_mod5, exp_mod7, exp_mod11;
        exp_mod8 = 7; exp_mod3 = 1; exp_mod5 = 2; exp_mod7 = 1; exp_mod11 = 1;
But aren't those values incorrect? Actually 31 mod n for n={8,3,5,7,11} = 7 1 1 3 9, not 7 1 2 1 1

Similarly for exp==61, exp==89, exp==107. But exp==127 does seems to use the right numbers.

This seems like a misguided optimization attempt. The code for exp == 31, 61, 89, 107, 127 could be removed, and just let the default code remain (the code that explicitly uses exp % 8 and exp % 3 etc.)

This is the code that selects classes. If it doesn't select the right classes, it won't find factors.
GP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-26, 18:27   #338
ET_
Banned
 
ET_'s Avatar
 
"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

12DE16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2 View Post
I downloaded the mmff-0.28 source code.

In mfaktc.c, there are lines like this (line 166 to 168):

Code:
  if (exp == 31) {
        unsigned int exp_mod8, exp_mod3, exp_mod5, exp_mod7, exp_mod11;
        exp_mod8 = 7; exp_mod3 = 1; exp_mod5 = 2; exp_mod7 = 1; exp_mod11 = 1;
But aren't those values incorrect? Actually 31 mod n for n={8,3,5,7,11} = 7 1 1 3 9, not 7 1 2 1 1

Similarly for exp==61, exp==89, exp==107. But exp==127 does seems to use the right numbers.

This seems like a misguided optimization attempt. The code for exp == 31, 61, 89, 107, 127 could be removed, and just let the default code remain (the code that explicitly uses exp % 8 and exp % 3 etc.)

This is the code that selects classes. If it doesn't select the right classes, it won't find factors.
Mmff has been written by George Woltman's from a concept of Oliver Weihe. I think it's hard to believe they made such a mistake years ago and nobody noticed it...
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-27, 04:00   #339
GP2
 
GP2's Avatar
 
Sep 2003

A1916 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET_ View Post
Mmff has been written by George Woltman's from a concept of Oliver Weihe. I think it's hard to believe they made such a mistake years ago and nobody noticed it...
Yes, I made an elementary mistake. Obviously, it's not 31 mod n, it's 2^31−1 mod n that has to be calculated, and then the values mod 8, 3, 5, 7, 11 are 7, 1, 2, 1, 1 as expected.
GP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-27, 05:39   #340
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

11101110101102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET_ View Post
I think it's hard to believe they made such a mistake years ago and nobody noticed it...
Well evidence is quite good that they are guilty of choosing a poor name for a variable.
Prime95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-28, 19:56   #341
lalera
 
lalera's Avatar
 
Jul 2003

11438 Posts
Default

hi,
please can someone compile mmff for nvidia turing cards for win64 ?
lalera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mersenne trial division implementation mathPuzzles Math 8 2017-04-21 07:21
trial division over a factor base Peter Hackman Factoring 7 2009-10-26 18:27
P95 trial division strategy SPWorley Math 8 2009-08-24 23:26
Trial division software for Mersenne SPWorley Factoring 7 2009-08-16 00:23
Need GMP trial-division timings ewmayer Factoring 7 2008-12-11 22:12

All times are UTC. The time now is 20:45.


Mon Oct 25 20:45:51 UTC 2021 up 94 days, 15:14, 0 users, load averages: 1.65, 1.84, 2.03

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.